Game 44 : Predators @ Jets

Ehlers sure is fun to watch. He's weaving around the other team, stop, start, change direction, pass/ shoot, and they look like their   they are standing still. Looking like one of the top players in the NHL when he plays like that.

Edited by Mark F
spelling

So far in this thread I've learned the following about Ladd: 1. It's clearly him that Wheeler called out. 2. He's is a ***** b/c he can't play through getting a puck in the face. 3. He's feuding with Wheeler & Little. 4. He's a terrible role model for the rookies. Anybody else have any insider information on how terrible a player/person Ladd is? I think we've pretty clearly found our scapegoat for this season.

10 hours ago, Atomic said:

He's been our best defenceman in all but maybe 5 games this season.  Trouba is good one in ten games, Myers is rarely an impact player, and the others aren't even worth mentioning.  But for some reason its always Buff taking the heat, hmm I wonder why that is?

Is everybody being racist again?

The highest profile player on a team is always going to take the most heat when things aren't going well. It's like that in most cities. Obviously it's not always fair, but a lot of sports fans are idiots.

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Buff is a possibility for tomorrow according to Maurice so he's probably not as hurt as it looked 

He's on the trip, so that's good. But you'd have to think he'd have to be REALLY injured to not come with the team the night following a game - especially as a pending UFA, 6 weeks from the deadline.  What the injury is, and the severity, is going to have massive implications on whether we sign or trade him.

Just based on how the man looked leaving the ice, I'd be pretty shocked to see him tonight.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Regardless of what happens with the Jets, I sure hope Nashville misses the playoffs. What a bunch of clowns out there last night.  Neal and Johansen are two of your best players....at diving and whining at the refs. 

Neal's an unlikable guy. Rumour was he got traded by the Pens b/c he wasn't very popular. I follow a few Pitt reporters on twitter and they said he treated the training/locker room staff like crap, which is a no-no in hockey.

21 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Neal's an unlikable guy. Rumour was he got traded by the Pens b/c he wasn't very popular. I follow a few Pitt reporters on twitter and they said he treated the training/locker room staff like crap, which is a no-no in hockey.

Neal just plays like a schmuck. Not a small man, but plays like one on the ice. The cheap shots over the years. The embellishment. 

If that's true about his treatment of the locker room staff, even worse on him.  Unrelated, but I'm sure they'll be a post about Suber over in a Bombers thread... the way that guy carried himself as a Bomber, that's a true pro athlete. 

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

Ehlers sure is fun to watch. He's weaving around the other team, stop, start, change direction, pass/ shoot, and they look like their standing still. Looking like one of the top players in the NHL when he plays like that.

he seems to be getting more confidence every game, and trying new stuff.  I remember with Selanne, we had to wait for his military service to end before he could play in the NHL so he was what, 21 or 22 when he arrived here?  Imagine how much Ehlers is going to progress in that time.  He reminds me of Pavel Bure with the speed and sneakiness he has.  He just needs to get a bit bigger and gain more experience.  The upside is big on this one.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

25 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

he seems to be getting more confidence every game, and trying new stuff.  I remember with Selanne, we had to wait for his military service to end before he could play in the NHL so he was what, 21 or 22 when he arrived here?  Imagine how much Ehlers is going to progress in that time.  He reminds me of Pavel Bure with the speed and sneakiness he has.  He just needs to get a bit bigger and gain more experience.  The upside is big on this one.

Except he isn't the goal suck that Bure was and knows where to find the other side of the center line.

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

Jets owned in third big time. Problems still exist with this team but hell of a game. Ladd with a quiet 3 points. Wheeler and little were solid. Ehlers stepping up big time. 4 points now in last 7 games. Kids been playing well the last while . Basically since he got put with Perreault. Thorburn is an anchor out there. Just so slow and no vision at all. 4th line really solid. Helle was peppered in the 3rd. 

You can call Thorburn lots of things but slow is not one of them.

13 hours ago, bustamente said:

Looks like buff is going to Minnesota with the team to be re examined tomorrow. Good news hopefully

Buff not give up opportunity to visit his family.

3 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

So far in this thread I've learned the following about Ladd: 1. It's clearly him that Wheeler called out. 2. He's is a ***** b/c he can't play through getting a puck in the face. 3. He's feuding with Wheeler & Little. 4. He's a terrible role model for the rookies. Anybody else have any insider information on how terrible a player/person Ladd is? I think we've pretty clearly found our scapegoat for this season.

Played through injury last year which was not disclosed until season was over.

3 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

It was all forgotten with his pass to Ehlers...

3 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

He's on the trip, so that's good. But you'd have to think he'd have to be REALLY injured to not come with the team the night following a game - especially as a pending UFA, 6 weeks from the deadline.  What the injury is, and the severity, is going to have massive implications on whether we sign or trade him.

Just based on how the man looked leaving the ice, I'd be pretty shocked to see him tonight.

Well, colour me pleasantly surprised. 

3 hours ago, Rich said:

I was worried when we first signed Thorburn to that contract, but I think he is having one of his best seasons as a Jet this year.

don't have to call thorburn out.... effort is outstanding, sticks up for teammates;

at the very least, the puck is in the other team's end a lot when he's on the ice, as far as I can tell.