Game 44 : Predators @ Jets

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Little says #NHLJets should follow Wheeler's lead: "Showing how much he cares, it's got to rub off on some of these guys at some point."

Wonder who he is referencing here?

Ladd? Buff? I'd guess that those would be 2 of them, Myers? Enstrom? Cuz you look at the roster and ...

Stafford? He's played well. Been a pleasant surprise

Ehlers? Rookie who has been getting better

Perreault? Gives it his all every shift and is obvious he does

Scheif? He's hurt but gives it his all also...

Thorbs? He is what he is and they know that

Stu? He is what he is and they know that

Trouba? He's been playing much better recently

Lowry? Again playing much better since his recall

Armia? Rookie basically

Copp? Rookie basically

Burmi? Not playing as well but a possession monster and definitely tries hard 

Who does that leave really.. It leaves Ladd and it leaves Buff. 

I believe Ladd and to an extent Buff have CHECKED OUT and in a somewhat subtle way have been called out by their buddies Wheeler and Little, altho none of us have any clue what goes on in that room so maybe they aren't as buddy buddy as has been suggested in the past. 

Not sure if anyone noticed but the last couple games, instead of talking to Ladd, a guy like Ehlers seems to be spending more time chatting with Wheeler on the bench, Scheif did that earlier in the season too, last year Scheif was more so talking with Ladd on the bench, this year it's been Wheeler. Little things but in the big picture, they probably mean lots. Watch for it tonight, the younger guys seem to be gravitating more towards Wheeler than Ladd, Scheif would be 2 if he wasn't hurt. 

Part of the reason I think trading both Ladd and Buff is for the better is basically, they don't give it their all game in game out, that's not a good example to set for the youngsters, Buff could be dominating, when he feels like it tho, and that's not a guy I want the younger guys to be looking up too, I want them to be looking up to wheeler, little, perreault, who give it their all night in night out, Hell, thorburn has a ton of warts and is not a very good hockey player but the one thing you can't do, is question his heart and work ethic. The guy tries hard night in night out. That's a good guy to have around. It's guy like Ladd and Buff who take way 2 many nights off that are the problem and it's becoming more and more obvious. 

You've gotta be kidding me with this crap.  Listing what each player brings to the table and simply being "a rookie" is enough for the young guys?  You're ******* ridiculous man.  Total nonsense.

When Buff makes a mistake it is magnified too. He sees more ti me than anyone else don't yo think he is going to make the odd mistake too?

If Lowry keeps playing like he is to night, he won't be visiting the farm again. Armia lloks good too.

What about the Preds playing the rookie on the 1st line? Who wuddathunkit?

Buff has all the talent in the world but he doesn't use that talent every game, and since your wondering he is one of if not the most popular Jet.

12 minutes ago, Atomic said:

He's been our best defenceman in all but maybe 5 games this season.  Trouba is good one in ten games, Myers is rarely an impact player, and the others aren't even worth mentioning.  But for some reason its always Buff taking the heat, hmm I wonder why that is?

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Buff has all the talent in the world but he doesn't use that talent every game, and since your wondering he is one of if not the most popular Jet.

I just don't think it's fair.  Because a guy is dominant sometimes, he gets called out for not being dominant ALL the time?  It's just not that simple.  It's the NHL.  Nobody is dominant every night.  Even the best of the best have ups and downs.  The fact of the matter is that this team would be drastically worse without Buff.  He is my favorite player in the league and I'll be devastated if they get rid of him.  There is no one else like him.

I'd sign buff. There's an if with that tho. Can't be more than 5 years. Also you'd have to trade Myers and probably Enstrom then cuz you can't invest that much money in to just the D.

Sign buff but that probably means moving enstrom for sure and probably myers. Id be fine with that. If it's Ladd or Buff. .. it's Buff. But I'm not sure it is. We will see what they do. 

12 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I just don't think it's fair.  Because a guy is dominant sometimes, he gets called out for not being dominant ALL the time?  It's just not that simple.  It's the NHL.  Nobody is dominant every night.  Even the best of the best have ups and downs.  The fact of the matter is that this team would be drastically worse without Buff.  He is my favorite player in the league and I'll be devastated if they get rid of him.  There is no one else like him.

I get what you are saying and i agree for the most part but it is the NHL and the better players Buff included fair or not need to bring it every night, sure you'll make a mistake here or there but he just seems to make them game to game, then come up with a game like tonight.  

Needed a clean 2 points on this.  

I hate these off setting penalties with embellishment.  Nashville diving all night long.  Most of the time there never would have been a penalty called if there wasn't the dive to begin with, so the dive should be the only thing that is called.  That would stop them pretty damn quickly.

Redemption for wheeler talk the talk makes it happen, last year fans from other teams would call us dirty, but tonight i say some things that were blatant attempts to injure. Hits on Ladd and Lowry come to mind. I don't like players like Neal who plays a real cheap game gets challenged and skates away.

Jets owned in third big time. Problems still exist with this team but hell of a game. Ladd with a quiet 3 points. Wheeler and little were solid. Ehlers stepping up big time. 4 points now in last 7 games. Kids been playing well the last while . Basically since he got put with Perreault. Thorburn is an anchor out there. Just so slow and no vision at all. 4th line really solid. Helle was peppered in the 3rd. 

Edited by Goalie

We'll find out in a hurry what this team will be like without Buff if he is out any length of time. If he is out past the TD and isn't signed by then, what will it look like on Chevy's report card then?

Ehlers, Armia, Wheeler, Little, Buff, Ladd, Perreault and Myers had strong games. I'll be really happy when we say goodbye to Thorbs and Stuart. Helle had a rough third period but played really well in the first two.

That would depend on the injury and the team. It wasn't that long ago we traded an injured player. I honestly want Buff re-signed not traded. Whether we make the playoffs or not, I hope he re-signs. I think it popped out and they popped it back in. I would sit him tomorrow. They have Colorado on Monday. Play him then if he is ready.