Game 44 : Predators @ Jets

Little says #NHLJets should follow Wheeler's lead: "Showing how much he cares, it's got to rub off on some of these guys at some point."

Wonder who he is referencing here?

Ladd? Buff? I'd guess that those would be 2 of them, Myers? Enstrom? Cuz you look at the roster and ...

Stafford? He's played well. Been a pleasant surprise

Ehlers? Rookie who has been getting better

Perreault? Gives it his all every shift and is obvious he does

Scheif? He's hurt but gives it his all also...

Thorbs? He is what he is and they know that

Stu? He is what he is and they know that

Trouba? He's been playing much better recently

Lowry? Again playing much better since his recall

Armia? Rookie basically

Copp? Rookie basically

Burmi? Not playing as well but a possession monster and definitely tries hard 

Who does that leave really.. It leaves Ladd and it leaves Buff. 

I believe Ladd and to an extent Buff have CHECKED OUT and in a somewhat subtle way have been called out by their buddies Wheeler and Little, altho none of us have any clue what goes on in that room so maybe they aren't as buddy buddy as has been suggested in the past. 

Not sure if anyone noticed but the last couple games, instead of talking to Ladd, a guy like Ehlers seems to be spending more time chatting with Wheeler on the bench, Scheif did that earlier in the season too, last year Scheif was more so talking with Ladd on the bench, this year it's been Wheeler. Little things but in the big picture, they probably mean lots. Watch for it tonight, the younger guys seem to be gravitating more towards Wheeler than Ladd, Scheif would be 2 if he wasn't hurt. 

Part of the reason I think trading both Ladd and Buff is for the better is basically, they don't give it their all game in game out, that's not a good example to set for the youngsters, Buff could be dominating, when he feels like it tho, and that's not a guy I want the younger guys to be looking up too, I want them to be looking up to wheeler, little, perreault, who give it their all night in night out, Hell, thorburn has a ton of warts and is not a very good hockey player but the one thing you can't do, is question his heart and work ethic. The guy tries hard night in night out. That's a good guy to have around. It's guy like Ladd and Buff who take way 2 many nights off that are the problem and it's becoming more and more obvious. 

Edited by Goalie

Goal wise Buff/Ladd on pace with last year. Ladd came into season hobbled from the surgery so 20  might be considered a best he can do for this year.

Just a guess but it's probably anyone on the 3rd/4th line not named Thorburn who he is calling out.

Chairot/Trouba maybe?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

50 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Little says #NHLJets should follow Wheeler's lead: "Showing how much he cares, it's got to rub off on some of these guys at some point."

Wonder who he is referencing here?

Ladd? Buff? I'd guess that those would be 2 of them, Myers? Enstrom? Cuz you look at the roster and ...

Stafford? He's played well. Been a pleasant surprise

Ehlers? Rookie who has been getting better

Perreault? Gives it his all every shift and is obvious he does

Scheif? He's hurt but gives it his all also...

Thorbs? He is what he is and they know that

Stu? He is what he is and they know that

Trouba? He's been playing much better recently

Lowry? Again playing much better since his recall

Armia? Rookie basically

Copp? Rookie basically

Burmi? Not playing as well but a possession monster and definitely tries hard 

Who does that leave really.. It leaves Ladd and it leaves Buff. 

I believe Ladd and to an extent Buff have CHECKED OUT and in a somewhat subtle way have been called out by their buddies Wheeler and Little, altho none of us have any clue what goes on in that room so maybe they aren't as buddy buddy as has been suggested in the past. 

Not sure if anyone noticed but the last couple games, instead of talking to Ladd, a guy like Ehlers seems to be spending more time chatting with Wheeler on the bench, Scheif did that earlier in the season too, last year Scheif was more so talking with Ladd on the bench, this year it's been Wheeler. Little things but in the big picture, they probably mean lots. Watch for it tonight, the younger guys seem to be gravitating more towards Wheeler than Ladd, Scheif would be 2 if he wasn't hurt. 

Part of the reason I think trading both Ladd and Buff is for the better is basically, they don't give it their all game in game out, that's not a good example to set for the youngsters, Buff could be dominating, when he feels like it tho, and that's not a guy I want the younger guys to be looking up too, I want them to be looking up to wheeler, little, perreault, who give it their all night in night out, Hell, thorburn has a ton of warts and is not a very good hockey player but the one thing you can't do, is question his heart and work ethic. The guy tries hard night in night out. That's a good guy to have around. It's guy like Ladd and Buff who take way 2 many nights off that are the problem and it's becoming more and more obvious. 

If he says "some of these guys" he is referencing more than one....I am a huge Trouba fan but he might be one. Buff? not sure...Ladd?....could be. Enstrom.....I would vote yes.... Lowry?....probably but like you say, putting more into it since the recall. Goalies?......doubt it..........Burmi might be one....Chiarot?........possibly. If I had to pick, I would say Ladd, Lowry, and Trouba.....probably Chiarot and Enstrom.

Certainly isn't Perreault, Scheif, Staf or Little.

Plus Minus means nothing. useless stat. Lowry Burmi and Chiarot? 

Seriously, the one thing Burmi gives is effort, he may not have the points to show for it but you can't question his effort level.

How is calling out 3 depth guys a big deal? It's obviously not them, it might be one of them but i doubt it... 

It's Buff,It's Ladd,It's Toby,It's Trouba. and if you actually watch them on the ice, Their GAD factor doesn't appear to be to high. 

It's guys who were here for a while, Lowry is a sophomore, he's played better since his call up, It's not him.

It's guy who have been here a while for sure, It's speculation at best but my top candidates are Ladd,Buff,Trouba,Toby. 

Edited by Goalie

Wheeler is not calling out depth guys, his message is loud and clear and pointed directly at Buff and Ladd. These two have probably been told through there agents that the Jets will not be offering big money contracts and will be traded by the deadline. In Ladds case he should fire his agent if there is any truth of what the Jets were offering him in the summer.

Want to see who they called out?  Watch Ladd buff trouba and Toby tonight. See if they give a crap. But it's little things you need to watch for. Back checking. Finishing checks. Effort level. Discipline. Things that might go unnoticed by the avg fan but won't go unnoticed by those who play the game. It's little things wheeler and little is referring 2. Not giving up on a 2 on 1. Busting your ass to get back and help. Sacrificing your body to block shots. Going to the greasy areas. Standing in front of the net. This is a big one. Part of me hopes Ladd buff etc don't get the message and are dealt .

And if it's like last game where Preds dominated but helle or hutch stands on his head and the jets win... problems still exist. Jets need to come out and dominate or change will happen 

Edited by Goalie

Plus/minus is not the end all/be all, stat wise, but it does give an indication relative to team positioning. The Jets, being a lower tiered team, you would expect a roster with lower plus/minus stats. So, for Enstrom to be a +17, especially when he's on the ice for top lines, then he's doing pretty well.

Generally, when players are called out, it would be the veteran players..who aren't producing, so take it from there.

tanking canadian dollar has to be bothering these players.

Costing them a lot of money to play here, that they'd save just by moving to the US.

or who knows, maybe some of them get paid in US dollars. Which is costing the team a lot if that's the case.

I blame Saudi Arabia.

Edited by Mark F

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

tanking canadian dollar has to be bothering these players.

Costing them a lot of money to play here, that they'd save just by moving to the US.

or who knows, maybe some of them get paid in US dollars. Which is costing the team a lot if that's the case.

I blame Saudi Arabia.

They all get paid in American dollars so there money actually goes further up here

Ladd gets a puck in the face and skates off while his team is in defensive zone... the old Ladd would have played through that - his mind really seems somewhere else

Lowry playing possessed, Buff not

Fourth line looking good, Stuart and Chiarot getting better, Ehlers looking good too

Ladd and Buff are gone...  guess Wheeler's motivation didn't work