Murphy signs with Roughies

baxter

I dunno. Riders have lots of issues, yeah they have done a good job with their off field issues, no doubt murphy and jones are an upgrade but... the content on the field isn't really that impressive, they are an old team who lack Canadian depth, you can fix their international problems via scouting and free agency but the Canadian issue? I don't know about that... I'm sure they will be better than they were last year but by how much? I'm not sure... I don't see them making the playoffs... i just think the Canadian content is lacking and... i mean, they have a qb issue too, is durant gonna be the guy? is he gonna stay healthy? he hurt himself the first game of the year this past season, I'm not sure if he's the guy there moving forward or not and if he isn't.. who is? Do they go after Trevor Harris? Is he really a huge upgrade? I'm not sure... they have a few problems at some key spots that I don't think can be really solved in one off-season. 

Great move, what happens if the Riders turn it around in one off season?

It would be impressive, although a bit of a stretch.

What happens if Chris Jones bolts for the good ole south?

Lots to keep our eyes on.

Not that much of a stretch, really.  Redblacks went from 2-16 to 12-6 and a Grey Cup appearance.  Doesn't always have to be a ten-year plan like the Bombers.

Well, if this was a slap to the Bombers that you wanted, then you've achieved your goal.

Of course teams can turn it around rather quickly, there are many examples of that. But Ottawa is only a partial example of that. It would have been more impressive if the road to 1st place wasn't paved with littered QB bodies from the other 3 teams they were battling. Their record versus "contending teams" was less than impressive.

Still, they made it there, and deserve polite applause. We'll see this year, if reality meets expectations.

I just wonder how long the Riders will have this unlimited supply of money. The province economy is on the brink of distaster if the price of oil does not rise.

They still have potash (for what that's worth).

Great move, what happens if the Riders turn it around in one off season?

It would be impressive, although a bit of a stretch.

What happens if Chris Jones bolts for the good ole south?

Lots to keep our eyes on.

Not that much of a stretch, really.  Redblacks went from 2-16 to 12-6 and a Grey Cup appearance.  Doesn't always have to be a ten-year plan like the Bombers.

yes cause we haven't been to the cup in ten years......I get what you're saying, but the constant bs about the bombers always being bad is becoming a bit much. We've had a bad run the last few years. But it hasn't been 25 years of **** football. And thinking that is ridiculous.