The Mandela Effect

Rich

I've gone down a bit of a worm hole on this one, I've been reading a few articles on this the past couple of days and some of it is really weird.

The Mandela Effect is a theory put forth by writer and “paranormal consultant” Fiona Broome that shared false memories are in fact glimpses into parallel worlds with different timelines.

The theory basically is that our universe has at some point in the last 20 years collapsed with another parallel universe where some things are slightly different but our memories of them from the original universe remain with us.

Here is a website with some of the more common "differences" that people remember  http://mandelaeffect.com/major-memories

The name comes from the fact that many people remember Mandela dying in prison 1980's where in (this) reality he died 2013.

Other common ones seem to be:

1. Childrens book: The Berenstein Bears or The Berenstain Bears?

2. Breakfast cereal:  Fruit Loops or Froot Loops 

3. Forrest Gump:  Was the famous line “Life IS like a box of chocolates…” or “Life WAS like a box of chocolates…”?  

4. JIFFY or JIF peanut butter?

5. Looney Toons or Looney Tunes?  

6. Was the TV show Sex In The City or Sex And The City

7. Reba McIntyre or Reba McEntire

8. Peanuts creator Charles Shulz or Charles Shultz?

9. Mr Rogers opening song:  It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood” or “It’s a beautiful day in this neighborhood”?

10. Gremlins character:  Was it Spike or Stripe?

11. Kathy Lee Gifford or Kathie Lee Gifford?

12. Star Wars, is it “Luke, I am your father” or “No, I am your father”?

In each of these above, the 2nd version is the correct one if you look it up.

There are many other examples on the website, but these stuck out for me.

Alternate universe or just a case of people making an error and it getting repeated so often we come to accept it as true.

I dunno about parallel universe, in the examples given you can always reference check the correct variation, and if your memory was incorrect, it was probably just remembered wrong after a long time of not hearing or reminising.

I do believe deja vu to be the brains subconscious tapping into esp/premonitions but our brains are not evolved enough to control it consciously. But thats another topic altogether

I believe in parallel universes, but I don't believe any has crashed into ours.  Although how would we ever know.

One thing, the Forrest Gump quote...it was said more then once in the movie, which is why people tend to get it wrong.  When his mom says it she says "life is like a box of chocolates", when he says it though, he's talking about what his mom USE to say and says "my momma always said, life WAS like a box of chocolates".

In the other universe,Jimmy Hendricks lyrics include "scuse me while I kiss dis guy"

And Eldon Johns sings, "hold me closer Tony Danza".

And John Prime sings " Your a happy enchilada and you think your gonna drown".

no.

the lyrics are "scuse me while I kiss the sky" in every universe.

Hendrix was that good.