Prospect Report

On 4/6/2016 at 0:12 PM, Goalie said:

Interesting news out of Michigan, the M on the CCM line, Tyler Motte will be leaving Michigan to join Chicago. Gotta think Compher is next and then Connor also. 

Also read the entire CCM line was being considered as a unit for US World Championships roster.

On 06/04/2016 at 10:49 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Even the guys that arent likely to make it are "good" players who are or will provide solid depth.  Very good drafting so far.  The one thing we're missing is that "franchise" player.  But Buff was a late pick and look at him so there are occasionally diamonds in later rounds who become superstars.

Fingers crossed it might be Kyle Connor... hopefully we'll have the answer in the next few years...

Jamie Benn is another example of a guy picked late, or not at all even and now him and seguin are lighting it up for Dallas. 

Franchise players are nice to have and it would be nice to have a guy like OVI or Crosby or maybe Matthews ( no guarantee Matthews is as good tho) (he's just a prospect right now) but... as much as i'd love to have that guy that scores 40 or 50 goals and is the face of the franchise, I'm more than fine with having 4 or 5 or 6 guys who are able to pop 20 25 or more goals each...Scheif,Wheeler,Buff,Little if he was healthy, Ehlers if he didn't play with Thorbs for half a season,Connor, these are guys that can do that.. Perreault maybe even but he's more of an Assist guy. But that's just as good as having that franchise player. 

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Franchise players don't take a couple of years. Usually you know right away.

Yeah...maybe franchise player is the wrong term.  But bonafide top tier superstar?  There have been examples of guys that were picked pretty late that became that (Buff, for example).  And examples of guys picked early that took time to become that (Wheeler, for example).

Jets have several guys who could turn out to be high end top tier superstars

Scheif, He's that legit number 1 center that they hope he would be when drafted and his line is the most dangerous line on the ice

Wheeler - How can anyone say he's not when he's top 5 in RW scoring the last 5 years

Ehlers- The kid is young but has a ton of high end skill... The ESW line is as legit as any first line in the league

Connor - Kid has potential to be very good, people should lower their expectations a bit for a couple years first tho cuz it takes some time

Even Nic Petan has high end top tier superstar potential, you can actually see the game slowing down for him. He would probably be more of a set up guy tho but still... The talent is there for sure. 

Jets are a very good young team with the potential to be very very good for a very long time. 

Legit franchise players like Crosby, OVI, McDavid don't come around very often. Patrick Kane also, I know people consider Toews to be a franchise player but... Kane is the guy that makes the Hawks go for sure and it's not even close. 

Edited by Goalie

If the ESW line stays healthy and plays together next season, I can see Scheif getting 40 goals. He is really turning it on with the added responsibility. He was a leader in junior too so it might be a natural progression for him. He gave a lot of kudos to Ladd and he watches Wheeler give 100% every shift. His off season with Roberts is well known and he will be the captain of this team one day. I don't know what Chevy's expectations of him are/were but he is well on his way to exceeding mine. I can't say enough about scheifele and I would lock him up for 8 years this summer. 8 x 7m is worth it......... Couturier who?

That play Ehlers made last night where he knocked the puck down and then made a spin-o-rama around the D Man to go in on a scoring play, man that was a beauty.  And he does plays like that every night.  He just has to start scoring on some of those as they don't make the high-light reels unless he puts puck in net. 

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

If the ESW line stays healthy and plays together next season, I can see Scheif getting 40 goals. He is really turning it on with the added responsibility. He was a leader in junior too so it might be a natural progression for him. He gave a lot of kudos to Ladd and he watches Wheeler give 100% every shift. His off season with Roberts is well known and he will be the captain of this team one day. I don't know what Chevy's expectations of him are/were but he is well on his way to exceeding mine. I can't say enough about scheifele and I would lock him up for 8 years this summer. 8 x 7m is worth it......... Couturier who?

$7m?  I don't know about that.