Odds and Sods - Game 12 Blue Bombers at Montreal Als

do or die

I know it's minor, but what was up with the snaps?I swear Nichols had to reach for 1/2 of them.

But yeah, I think I'm done as well. Was too hard to watch at 10 am and not drink.

My Sunday morning.  Hey Tom Brady is on!!  Twenty minutes later - switch over to TSN - oh look it's 6-0 Als!  Back to Tom Brady...switch back an hour later...oh look it's 22-3 Als!  Back to Tom Brady...switch back an hour later...oh look its...oh who cares...Tom Brady is playing! 

Started off the the Bomber game myself .. but .. having Sunday ticket .. the decision to stop flipping between TSN and ANY other football game was easily made before the half.

I know it's minor, but what was up with the snaps?I swear Nichols had to reach for 1/2 of them.

But yeah, I think I'm done as well. Was too hard to watch at 10 am and not drink.

My Sunday morning.  Hey Tom Brady is on!!  Twenty minutes later - switch over to TSN - oh look it's 6-0 Als!  Back to Tom Brady...switch back an hour later...oh look it's 22-3 Als!  Back to Tom Brady...switch back an hour later...oh look its...oh who cares...Tom Brady is playing! 

But were you drinking?

Picards snaps are brutally bad.. they so slow up the entire offense tempo.. you can see it.. Backs are sluggish, recievers waiting or off their routes..

I gotta think that Picard's snaps are part of the reason we are having so much trouble with blitz packages this year.

Generally, if you make the right read; have the right protection; and your receivers adjust their route correctly (go hot), the QB still barely gets the ball off in time to avoid being a target for a big hit.

Picard's snaps taking an eternity to get to the QB has basically meant that our QB's get nailed consistently on blitzes because everything they are doing takes that much longer after when the defense can start going for the QB

I am by no means a football maven, but if the ball takes an extra quarter-second to get to the QB, it shouldn't be critical.

How far can Clarence Denmark run in a quarter second? If we're throwing a quick timing route and the ball is out a quarter-second late, that's probably an incompletion .. or, as Valderan notes, a wallpapered QB.