The Jets' RFA's after this year.

Ducky

You do realize Enstrom plays against the other teams' top lines and gets the hardest minutes. Even though he gets the hardest minutes, he still has the best numbers of any D man on the team and is way more important than Myers. You have a bromance with Myers so I guess you are blind to that. Listen to what the coach or other coaches say about him for a change.

29 minutes ago, Ducky said:

You do realize Enstrom plays against the other teams' top lines and gets the hardest minutes. Even though he gets the hardest minutes, he still has the best numbers of any D man on the team and is way more important than Myers. You have a bromance with Myers so I guess you are blind to that. Listen to what the coach or other coaches say about him for a change.

LOL - Bromance with Myers.  Ok.  Well we'll just agree to disagree on Enstrom.

Funny, the same guys who rant about Hamonic having the most ice time with NYI also ignore the fact that Enstrom plays less than Buff, Trouba, Myers...

Enstrom is not our best statistical D - surprisingly, Buff is, he gets harder minutes too.  His stats are not WAY better than Myers.

Here's a stat... Trouba has 147 blocked shots, that's 50 more than the nearest Jet...  that's the kind of D I want...

14 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Funny, the same guys who rant about Hamonic having the most ice time with NYI also ignore the fact that Enstrom plays less than Buff, Trouba, Myers...

Enstrom is not our best statistical D - surprisingly, Buff is, he gets harder minutes too.  His stats are not WAY better than Myers.

Here's a stat... Trouba has 147 blocked shots, that's 50 more than the nearest Jet...  that's the kind of D I want...

You want to show me where Buff gets harder minutes?

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

You want to show me where Buff gets harder minutes?

Is this a joke?

Enstrom was on our second D pairing with Myers for at least 1/3 of the season

Maurice rides all of our top 4 D but don't pretend that Enstrom has it harder than Buff or even Myers...  when you watch the big games, it is Myers that is assigned to McDavid or Ovechkin as a shut down D

Enstrom is a good supporting D, good with his stick and with a nice crisp pass...  but he will always give up the zone and is pushed off the puck easily in the corners.

Enstrom ALWAYS plays against the other team's top players which is why Myers was on the ice because he was paired with Enstrom.

Is it coincidence that other D men's numbers get better when they play with Enstrom?

He's the best LHD we have and the 3rd best D on the team. Myers is 4th.

11 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Is this a joke?

Enstrom was on our second D pairing with Myers for at least 1/3 of the season

Maurice rides all of our top 4 D but don't pretend that Enstrom has it harder than Buff or even Myers...  when you watch the big games, it is Myers that is assigned to McDavid or Ovechkin as a shut down D

Enstrom is a good supporting D, good with his stick and with a nice crisp pass...  but he will always give up the zone and is pushed off the puck easily in the corners.

And when he does this I just scream at the TV.  It's so frustrating to watch.

KBF, You should check out Maurice's press scrum today...it's about someone we were discussing today.

http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocenter/

Start at the two minute mark talking about Enstrom....ends around 3 1/2 minute mark by saying he has played exceptional this year.

Said he played hurt most of last season and that anyone that plays with him, their numbers go up. I think I might have mentioned that. Red zone shots against go down and red zone shots for go up. Turnovers go down, clean entries into the opponent's zone go up. Says he is incredibly effective of getting the puck out of the trouble areas and getting it onto a linemate's stick. You should give it a listen.

43 minutes ago, Ducky said:

KBF, You should check out Maurice's press scrum today...it's about someone we were discussing today.

Start at the two minute mark talking about Enstrom....ends around 3 1/2 minute mark by saying he has played exceptional this year.

Said he played hurt most of last season and that anyone that plays with him, their numbers go up. I think I might have mentioned that. Red zone shots against go down and red zone shots for go up. Turnovers go down, clean entries into the opponent's zone go up. Says he is incredibly effective of getting the puck out of the trouble areas and getting it onto a linemate's stick. You should give it a listen.

Well Paul, I couldn't have said it better myself. Really, I couldn't have said it like that. But it illustrates Enstrom's value in the eyes of the Coaches. The key word Maurice used is effective. Enstrom is effective.

He's one of the many NHL defencemen in the NHL that quietly go about doing their job, and aren't really noticed, except by those GMs and Coaches who respect their work.

Edited by Mr Dee

It really just shows that Maurice never talks crap about players.  Is enstrom good? Sure. Great? No. 2 small?  Yup. Getting Paid 2 much for what he does? Yup. 

Would I trade him? In a second. 

Anyways tho... he's not a rfa

Scheif since little has been hurt leads the nhl in goals at 11 and points with 19. 

Dude is a beast. Long term him please and now 

48 minutes ago, Ducky said:

It's not that he wasn't talking crap like if he were talking about Stuart or Thorbs, he was talking about him with high praise.

There's praise in them there eyes...and respect.

There's many who underestimate certain players' roles on this team. They believe there are a lot of tradable players. The trouble is, would the replacements have the same value in their roles. Be careful who you want to get rid of, the next ones may not meet your expectations...

We've got nobody to replace Enstrom if he were traded before next season.......Morrissey might someday but that day isn't here yet.

We've already got one D man playing his offside. Enstrom is probably overpaid but underpaid at the beginning of his contract. I am okay with him being here but having said that, if they were to trade him and someone else, whether it be through trade, promotion from minors, drafted or someone on the current roster REALLY stepping up, came in and more or less replaced him for less money, I'd be okay with that. Do I see it happening??? No.

I said it before and I'll say it again, if we pick lower than 3rd, I hope we pick Chychrun.

17 hours ago, Ducky said:

Currently sitting in SeaTac airport waiting to connect to New Orleans. I will watch next week.  All I can say is that I wouldn't have Enstrom on my team. But that's me.

18 hours ago, Ducky said:

I agree with all of this.

There are two things about Enstrom that stick out like a sore thumb; he makes a lot of money and he doesn't shoot enough. Those are two major issues for a casual hockey fan. He's certainly not a perfect player, but he does a lot of the little things well.

I will fully admit though that he drives me crazy when he passes on good shot opportunities.