The Jets' RFA's after this year.

Ducky

Yeah well if they are third last this year they have plenty of

Space. Some guys will move on to make room.

Keep in mind Myers has a contract that pays diminishing dollars every year. So while his cap hit is consistent it frees up cash.

I posted cap hit numbers. Regardless of what Myers is getting, his cap hit is 5.5m. Saying we are in third last place this year so they have plaenty of space in a year or two is something a politician would say...you aren't our premier, are you? Show me how we have room. I just showed you that we don't.

Floyd,

Trade Enstrom? For What? Who would play LHD?

Without doing a lot of research myself, I see you adding several guys.  Other guys will drop off.  if Morrisey makes the team as a regular, it might mean no more Stuart.  It likely certainly means no more Clitsome.  The Blackhawks have two guys making over $10 million.  We can make it work.  I dont want to though....trade Buff is my preferred scenario.

But as guys get added, others get deleted.

Yeah, other teams have $8 million guys.  $10 million guys.  Why we are worried about a couple of $6-$7 million guys...especially on a young team with a lot of $2 million guys...I think we can afford it.  It depends what TN's internal cap is, morso than the NHL cap in my mind.  The NHL cap doesnt impact just the Jets so if it goes down or stays static, market value will change and guys will have to take less.

But I think part of the reason Ladd isnt signed yet is the forcasting Chipman said they do.  They know they have Scheif, Lowry, Trouba coming up next year.  Plus, they want wiggle room for other players if the Jets are in a winnable position.  I think they get Ladd done and see whats left for Buff. 

Id say they wont over-pay but then again, they've signed long term deals with other players so they also arent afraid to do so.  But to me, the loss of Buff for the next two years is worth not carrying and over-paid, under-performing Buff the for the 3-4 years after that.

Toby has a no move clause so he's going nowhere. Stuart married a girl who works for TNSE. He going nowhere. No need to worry about next year's cap yet

When do we start worrying about next year's cap? A conscientious GM is worrying about next year's cap right now not next year.

TUP,

If you don't think there is any reason to worry, jot down what players would be playing and at what cost. See for yourself.

Honestly, as fans, the cap should be none of our concern at all. You can sit here and play make believe GM all you want, it doesn't really prove anything... None of us know what the Jets internal cap is, really don't know if they'd spend to the cap or not but Chipman has said that they very well could and might just spend to the cap soon. 

When do i worry about the cap? When this season is over really...

We really have no idea what is going to happen, maybe we really suck this year and we actually end up trading guys at the deadline instead of bringing guys in... who really knows.

The cap is none of our concern right now, people can go on and on and do this make believe GM stuff all you want, it's really irrelevant.

For every guy getting a raise, theres probably a guy on an ELC also. 

Pardy,Postma,Clitsome,Hali, these guys... among others won't be around next year... Pav might not be, maybe he loses his job this year to hutch or helle and jets either trade him or buy him out... who really knows, maybe stafford is traded, buff is traded, who knows really... There are too many variables really right now to discuss our cap situation a year from now. 

I'm not talking about Chevy, Yeah i'm sure he's looking at the cap for next year and the year after and etc... I'm talking about people like you who put together these make believe numbers that you think these guys will sign for... You really don't know. They could sign for less, they could sign for more... The cap is not my concern, it's not yours, it's not any of the fans concerns really, there is NOTHING we can do about it, all we can do is play make believe and that's what you are doing really.. Playing make believe, pretending you are the GM, pretending you have info about players and what they will or won't sign for. 

Like i said, who really knows and as a fan, who really cares about the cap a year from now, it's not my job to care about the cap really.. It's chevy's job to manage it and i'm sure he will... part of the reason they probably let frolik walk, part of the reason stafford only signed for 2 years...

Like i said... Stafford among others could very well be moved at this year trade deadline, you just don't know.. and for every raise a scheif or trouba or lowry will get... well, an ELC will still be on the books like an ehlers, a petan, a morrissey, a copp, a lemieux etc. 

TUP said it best, other teams have guys making 8 9 10 million on their roster and a few of them at that and you are worrying about guys who might get 4 5 6 million 

Yeah well if they are third last this year they have plenty of

Space. Some guys will move on to make room.

Keep in mind Myers has a contract that pays diminishing dollars every year. So while his cap hit is consistent it frees up cash.

I posted cap hit numbers. Regardless of what Myers is getting, his cap hit is 5.5m. Saying we are in third last place this year so they have plaenty of space in a year or two is something a politician would say...you aren't our premier, are you? Show me how we have room. I just showed you that we don't.

Floyd,

Trade Enstrom? For What? Who would play LHD?

Well, I'd trade him for a pick and a LHD prospect - maybe snag Ouellet from Detroit?

Either way, Morrissey is coming up either this year or next, I think Chiarot will continue to progress and might as well look at Buff on LHD

plus there's still Pardy and Stuart

Enstrom is just not good enough.  Fine for the regular season and will just get punished down the stretch and into the playoffs

Toby has a no move clause so he's going nowhere. Stuart married a girl who works for TNSE. He going nowhere. No need to worry about next year's cap yet

When do we start worrying about next year's cap? A conscientious GM is worrying about next year's cap right now not next year.

TUP,

If you don't think there is any reason to worry, jot down what players would be playing and at what cost. See for yourself.

I enjoy Cap discussions, but I dont care enough about the minutia of dollars and cents to spend that much time on it, especially without Capgeek to help me!  If I have some time this week, Ill try to predict...

Isnt Pavs expired after next season?  Thats another contract that could be expendable.

TUP,

I enjoy Cap discussions, but I dont care enough about the minutia of dollars and cents to spend that much time on it, especially without Capgeek to help me!  If I have some time this week, Ill try to predict...

Isnt Pavs expired after next season?  Thats another contract that could be expendable.

Pretty much this. Don't care enough to even bother with it. It's not my concern. 

Hey Ducky, figure this one out for me k. Then maybe i'll trying a little prediction myself... since i just don't care enough to look this stuff up...

Who are on 1 year deals and how much is that one year deal for? Ladd,Buff,Pardy,Postma,Harrison for sure,Hali,Fraser,Etc really... who else and how much is their contract worth

Who will still be on their ELC next season (Morrissey,Ehlers,Petan,Copp,Lemiuex etc)

Who has 2 year contracts or 2 years or less remaining on their contracts? 

If I recall it was a full no-movement clause, not a limited no trade.

Just a what if question...what if we just wanted to just get rid of him? Could we just send him to the minors and have him get picked up on waivers and bypass the no-trade clause?

As I understand it, if you have a no movement clause in your contract, you cannot be put on waivers nor sent down to the minors.

I'll just say this.... Stafford could be traded at the deadline... Perreault could be... trading buff frees up cap space... they could possibly move pav.. maybe to the minors even or buy him out... Hutch might be gonzo and helle takes his place... Scheif Lowry and trouba are rfa with no arbitration rights.. they could all sign short term deals at lower money... rookies will come in and they will be on their ELC deals still. No need to even worry about this stuff until the time comes really. Lots can and will happen. Maybe Quebec and Vegas get expansion teams and take a couple guys off our hands. Few guys on 1 yr deals probably won't be signed again next year. Lots of space and time.

• 5 months later...

Looking at it now, I would re-sign Trouba and Scheif to 6 x 5.8 deals. It sounds expensive now but when the cap goes up to where it will be in 5 years, these will be a bargain.

Armia I would give a 2 year 2.25m and Hutch I would offer 650k. Lowry would be offered a 2 x 1.8m and Lipon a slight raise.