Patrick Kane Under Investigation - Alleged Rape

Lets face it Kane is a poster child for being a ****** bag 

When's the last time he got into trouble? This past season, I remember reading multiple things about how much he was maturing and becoming a "consummate professional"....

All you have to see was how he acted at the Blackhawk stanley cup celebrations as he said something to the effect of how he's been laying low for the last little while and to watch out in the coming weeks. 

When's the last time he got into trouble? This past season, I remember reading multiple things about how much he was maturing and becoming a "consummate professional"....

All you have to see was how he acted at the Blackhawk stanley cup celebrations as he said something to the effect of how he's been laying low for the last little while and to watch out in the coming weeks. 

"watch out" = I'm going to rape women.......?

No question....and I'm not a Kane supporter. I'm a Toews guy, and always felt like Kane got too much of the credit in Hicag. Kane always felt, to me, like a typical American Delta Bravo. That said, he's been behaving for awhile now, and keeping his nose clean. This rape allegation comes kinda outta nowhere...

"watch out" = I'm going to rape women.......?

I don't know what he mean't by using those words and i do believe that your innocent until proven guilty. I think that certain athletes think that they can get away with anything because of notoriety and because of there wealth and that money can make there problems go away.

I feel a double standard here if it were a NFL player it would a be full blown media event right now.

Check what happened to Aldon Smith today, he's a repeat offender and was cut from his team.

O snap my 49ers must of set a record for most talent lost in one off season...wowza

if convicted lock em up no question, my only issue with the nhl/blackhawks suspending him is why? if he raped her was he wearing nhl or blackhawks scrubs at the time? if he is awaiting verdict now or next while does it cost the team/league any playing time or revenue? will fans forever think the blackhawks or hockey players in general are rapists thru n thru?

I understand if he's guilty and misses games due to jail sentence,  then punishment for essentially breaching contract and not playing (or outright release him as would likely be the choice to distance yourself as an organization) but suspension in the offseason enforced by his employer or its governing body seems moot.  hes guilty does he miss the 2021 season after 5 years in the can or is he not guilty and suspension lifted fiddle dee dee

You suspend him if he's charged based on the seriousness of the charges and strength of evidence.

From a team perspective he's be a huge distraction.

From a league perspective you don't employ people charged with such serious crimes. If he's found guilty you spent two years employing a rapist. The opposite scenario would mean the evidence was so flimsy charges shouldn't have been laid.

Too serious to play around. Suspension. And if convicted the team can surely get out of the contract. The real drawback to the team is if it takes a long time to go to trial they are still paying him and whether it counts against the cap. It would seriously hinder the Hawks

it just seems like the league or the team would be doing it just to do something and save face. as mentioned earlier,  whats to stop other ppl from throwing out false accusations out of spite or a money grab  or just to be asses?  so hes suspended now, what exactly is he suspended from? if hes guilty he'll likely serve time,  does the games he miss kick in once hes out in 2-5 years if so why not suspend him upon parole? if hes found not guilty he then was essentially suspended for nothing, what is the point of enforcing a suspension now when theres not really a point?

innocent until proven guilty, if anything, the league and team should be backing him with support this is a wild allegation, if it turns out hes guilty then wash their hands of him for being a  polished turd, but imho it would seem a suspension now isnt necessarily the league and team throwing him under the bus but definitely sticking their head in the sand with a meaningless gesture

not saying its not a serious allegation,  but has he even been charged or just under investigation based on her allegation?  i do see a problem charging someone just on he said/she said basis.  and even if they find his dna, and there are a lot of athletes really messin up these days, theres a far greater number of americans tryin to get paid. puck bunny spends the night with him then realizes she can potentially cash in.   we all got caught up in the cosby scandal

He has not been charged. We are speculating about what the league might do. False accusations happen ofcourse.

But it's kinda odd you'd suggest that if he is charged based on forensic evidence that it's more likely a false accusation. I'm not sure that is the greater likelihood.

Hopefully there are no charges.

Do you see a current problem with players being charged with serious offences that were proven to be false accusations?

Exactly. It's a myth that there are all these woman scheming to blackmail athletes with false accusations.

It's ignorant at best to label her a "puck bunny" or "trashy" without having a clue who she is or what the story is.

Kane hired a lawyer so you know it's legit

Smart to hire a lawyer anytime the police want to question you. When the cops play the "only guilty people hire lawyers" game the best answer is "whenever a cop is investigated the first two things they do is call their union and their lawyer". It's not guilty people that hire lawyers. Smart people hire lawyers.

http://m.torontosun.com/2015/08/09/patrick-kanes-alleged-rape-victim-reportedly-has-bite-marks-leg-scratch-source

Patrick Kane's accuser had bite marks on her shoulders and a scratch on her leg, a source with knowledge of the rape investigation involving the NHLer reportedly told the Buffalo News.

The News detailed the alleged victim's account of what she claims happened inside the Chicago Blackhawks star's Town of Hamburg (N.Y.) home last Sunday.

According to the source, the woman alleges Kane, 26, invited her and a friend back to his home after meeting at a downtown Buffalo bar last weekend. Once there, the accuser claims Kane followed her into a room before allegedly overpowering her and raping her, the source told the News.

The woman reportedly called relatives immediately after the alleged incident. She attended a hospital and a rape kit was conducted.

The owner of SkyBar, where Kane spent a portion of Saturday night, confirmed to the News that he saw a woman paying close attention to the NHLer prior to the incident, which allegedly occurred around 4 a.m. Sunday morning.

As a result of the investigation, Kane has hired lawyer Paul Cambria to represent him, according to the Associated Press. Cambria worked with Kane after the three-time Stanley Cup-winner was accused of assaulting a Buffalo taxi driver in 2009.