Patrick Kane Under Investigation - Alleged Rape

The manager of the nightclub in question said detectives called him and asked if Kane was there on Saturday night and he said he did not recall seeing him  So thats one thing.  If the manager is lying to protect Kane, he better get a lawyer.  If Kane wasnt there, thats one in his favour.  Generally, you'd think detectives would have to hear a reasonable story to do an investigations.  The woman would have to have dates, times, places... Kane's home is very private, she will have to describe it.

I hope he didnt do it.  But I also hope this doesnt become a "we had a one night stand and now she's crazy" stories.  I think the media is more sympathetic to the victim now than in years past.  Didnt Kobe get off by buying the girl off?

http://deadspin.com/police-searched-patrick-kanes-house-in-rape-investigati-1722666552

The Chicago Sun-Times and WKBW-TV both report that the two may have met at a beach bar in Evans, N.Y. The station called Mickey Rat’s Beach Club, which we’ve been told is a semi-regular hangout of Kane’s, but the manager said that he didn’t recall seeing Kane there on Saturday night.

The Buffalo News, which first reported the investigation, pegs a different bar.

A young local woman has alleged that Kane, 26, took her to his Hamburg waterfront home and raped her after meeting her in a downtown Buffalo nightclub Saturday night or early Sunday.

We’re told that was Sky Bar, a Buffalo rooftop club frequented by Kane. Social media puts him there into early Sunday morning.

The Buffalo News reports that the alleged victim went to the hospital where she was examined, and a rape kit performed. Later that Sunday, neighbors told the Chicago Tribune, police arrived to search Kane’s Hamburg, N.Y., home.

***That last point doesnt sound like good news for Kane.

If Kane's DNA shows up in the kit it is going to be a tough one to explain. Oh boy. Really bad news.

It will be the "it was consensual" defense.  And then it becomes he said/she said, depending on if the victim has any injuries.  Ofcourse, having no injuries does not preclude it from being rape but it would help his defense if it goes that way.

It would appear she went to the hospital fairly soon after the incident.  You cant look past the fact there are nutjobs out there looking for attention and a payday but it ends up being a very difficult situation for the victim to go through so you hope that is not the case.  Well, you hope none of this is true.  But....

@SportsCentre: Hamburg police confirm Patrick Kane is under investigation for incident that happened at his residence last weekend. http://t.co/NxDz0SSI85

@SportsCentre: Hamburg police chief adds that department is awaiting results of forensic tests and did not provide further details. http://t.co/w27H3lw4JB

My guess.... he is charged and gets an acquittal.

Did he do it? Nobody but those two know.

If charged, this will be a test of the NHL... do they immediately suspend him?  Do the Blackhawks?

Should they?

What happened to innocent until proven guilty.  

If charged, this will be a test of the NHL... do they immediately suspend him?  Do the Blackhawks?

Should they?

Should be immediately suspended.  Too serious.  Its not like he wouldnt get paid.  This isnt like you or me at our jobs and even then some places would suspend or fire their employees after a charge.

Should they?

NHL would have too. They suspended Voynov before he was convicted of anything. Kane would still get paid though.

Should they?

Should be immediately suspended.  Too serious.  Its not like he wouldnt get paid.  This isnt like you or me at our jobs and even then some places would suspend or fire their employees after a charge.

I understand the thought process behind this, but there is a reason the legal system has been setup in this way.

Lets say the Jets are about to play the Blackhawks in the playoffs.  Should someone pay someone to setup a situation where a Jonathan Toewes gets put in a similar situation?  I know that is an extreme example and has a low chance of happening and risk of that person facing repercussions after the fact, but IMO it is a dangerous slope, especially where a jilted ex-lover is set on revenge.

Rape is a horrible thing and if guilty, should be fully prosecuted and sent to jail.  But you can't punish someone until it is proven.  

I guess the Voynov incident has sort of set a precedent.  Here is an excerpt from an article when he was suspended:

The suspension was imposed under Section 18-A.5 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which provides that, during the pendency of a criminal investigation, "The League may suspend the Player pending the League's formal review and disposition of the matter where the failure to suspend the Player during this period would create a substantial risk of material harm to the legitimate interests and/or reputation of the League."

So I guess the league is going to have to try and look at the evidence and try to decide how legitimate the claim is.

If the Jets played the Blackhawks in the playoffs and a woman made an accusation and her statement and medical exam fit the statement then yes, he should be suspended immediately. 

This isnt just someone made a prank call.  There is forensic evidence.  Detectives will know if they two of them were together, if Kane's movements that night fit the statement of the victim.  Basically they will know if the two had sex.  Her injuries will either confirm her statement.  No injuries wont exonerate Kane.  But Im not sure there is a concern of fans running around falsely accusing sports stars of rape.

Lets face it Kane is a poster child for being a ****** bag 

When's the last time he got into trouble? This past season, I remember reading multiple things about how much he was maturing and becoming a "consummate professional"....