Jets Prospects

Rich

Was there a posting frenzy lately?

Jets had leads going in to 3 games in that series. Goaltending wasn't good in a few games.

Hutch should have got game 4. What could it have hurt.

No reason to think Ladd won't get hurt again this year, its just the style he plays - its caught up to him.

I think its the style the whole team plays. You hit and grind everything its gonna come back to bite ya.

I think petan could take copps spot and also play on the 2nd power play. Lemieux is interesting cuz they signed him to a pretty big money ELC so they must think he's close. Honestly wouldn't shock me to see ehlers petan and Lemieux make it opening night at least

I'm somewhat surprised that a lot of MBB peeps have given Copps the 4th line center job after playing only 1 reg season game.

Was there a posting frenzy lately?

Jets had leads going in to 3 games in that series. Goaltending wasn't good in a few games.

Hutch should have got game 4. What could it have hurt.

No reason to think Ladd won't get hurt again this year, its just the style he plays - its caught up to him.

I think its the style the whole team plays. You hit and grind everything its gonna come back to bite ya.

I think petan could take copps spot and also play on the 2nd power play. Lemieux is interesting cuz they signed him to a pretty big money ELC so they must think he's close. Honestly wouldn't shock me to see ehlers petan and Lemieux make it opening night at least

I'm somewhat surprised that a lot of MBB peeps have given Copps the 4th line center job after playing only 1 reg season game.

Who do you think is better suited for that job right now?  How many other centers do the Jets have in the system that are ready to make the jump?

Who do you think is better suited for that job right now?  How many other centers do the Jets have in the system that are ready to make the jump?

That was kind of my point about not signing any free agents... would be nice to have a proven depth centre.

Cormier lol

Yup. Journeyman AHL'er who fills in nicely on the 4th everytime he's been called up.

Is playing 3-4 minutes a night "filling in nicely"?? Lol.

On the Jets 4th line it is.  Im not going to go back and do a forensic accounting of Cormier's shifts every time he was called up but I do recall the general public and media feeling being that he was playing well when called upon.

The General Public and Medias opinion mean nothing, there is a reason he only play 3 or 4 minutes a night. It's cuz he wasn't very good. He's an AHL'er. He is what he is. He's been passed by many of the Jets prospects now, guys they drafted themselves. It was shocking to lots of people that they even offered Cormier a contract this off-season. It's a 2 way tho so he's gonna be a Moose for 99 percent of the year. Guarantee he's not on the opening roster and i'd be honestly shocked if he even got called up by the Jets again. 

He won't be getting called up again more than likely. Not sure why Patrice Cormier is even being talked about to be completely honest. He's not  gonna be a part of the Jets  roster anytime soon. He's gonna be a Moose this year and if he shows well, maybe a Moose next year. He's actually at the point in his career where it's pretty much AHL or nothing for him. 

As depth? Sure but if it ever comes to having to call up Cormier to play more than 3 or 4 minutes a game, we are in trouble.

Plus, reality is you don't want your 4th line to play 3 or 4 minutes a game, you want them to be able to play more... I'm sure Maurice would love it if he had 4 lines he can roll out night in and night out and this year we may see that... That 4th line tho won't including Cormier, I'd be shocked if he's called up once this year. 

Sort of indicates the shift on the 4th line across the league where teams want more skill in that position.  And it's been an achilles for the Jets since they arrived here.  I think those questioning depth are correct in that the Jets look okay on paper but a couple of injuries and we're in touch.  Tlusty or Stemp for bottom six depth would be nice.  I suspect they are holding out for a better role but it might be the nature of things now that a mid-six guy without offensive flair sort of falls into the bottom six on teams looking for more skill.

I agree.  I'd like Stemp.  He'd be a good 4th line guy who can fill in higher when needed.  Im actually surprised we didnt re-sign him as the Jets had interest dating back to last summer and Stemp even admitted it came down to New York or Winnipeg.  So if those were the only two interested teams last summer and he's still not signed, you'd assume he isnt getting a lot of interest.  Jets would seem to be a good fit for him.  Plenty of youth for him to take on a leadership role and looking at the depth he should see himself as likely to get opportunities higher up since every team has injuries or illness at some point.

I have no interest in bringing Tlusty back. He's a skill guy without much skill anymore. Stempniak would be great on the 4th line if he's willing to do it for a reasonable price. Seeing as how nobody has signed him yet, it doesn't look like he is.

Hey he's good for the first quarter of the season :)

I agree.  I'd like Stemp.  He'd be a good 4th line guy who can fill in higher when needed.  Im actually surprised we didnt re-sign him as the Jets had interest dating back to last summer and Stemp even admitted it came down to New York or Winnipeg.  So if those were the only two interested teams last summer and he's still not signed, you'd assume he isnt getting a lot of interest.  Jets would seem to be a good fit for him.  Plenty of youth for him to take on a leadership role and looking at the depth he should see himself as likely to get opportunities higher up since every team has injuries or illness at some point.

Maybe the longer we wait the cheaper he'll get.