[MERGED] July 2 Game Thread (Depth Charts included)

BigBlue

The offence can stand pat

There's really only one thing I'd change on offence....the way that Willy slides...somersaults..or whatever you call what what he does. That boy has got to learn how to slide, and not from Buck.

I've never seen Willy attempt to Buck Pierce or Mike Reilly it.  I think he's pretty good about goin down when he should. As long as he's not trying to lower his head in traffic he's good.

I was hoping that the Tabbies would hit us with a whole lot of Grigsby tonight, given how many yards we gave up to the run last week. Sadly, he's still on the one-game injured list...

If Holley keeps up his play... I'm not sure Grigsby gets back in even when he is healthy...

Grigsby is about 4th in line when health returns to the Ti-Cat lineup, he's also got Madu and Gable to contend with.  Good for him for hanging on for so long though.

I think the Bombers may be in trouble tonight. Hammy appears to have a solid running game and our front 7 did not look good last week. Collaros has looked good for some time now and Willy will have to be at least as good. I think the game will decided by the D-lines.

Last year believe it or not, Willy outplayed and outpassed Collaros by almost 130 yards.  Reason we lost that game was cuz of stupid penalties, a blocked punt, a good but somewhat questionable failed onside kick attempt, and a few other things.  I don't think O'Shea and the players will make the same mistakes this time.

Not very optimistic, after reading the skinny, on the Rider site....from Bile E. Style....

While I do post over on the rider site (they do have some folks that know CFL football and are pretty fair and open minded - Bile E. Style is not one of them). Nasty Nate has worn out his welcome just about everywhere and is getting some push back even over there. I put him on ignore and therefore don't even see any of his posts.

They have their share of goof balls but a number of them are strong CFL fans (even if they are Rider fans) and present a well balanced approach. Nasty Nate AKA Lyle. E.Style is not one of them of course.

The offence can stand pat

There's really only one thing I'd change on offence....the way that Willy slides...somersaults..or whatever you call what what he does. That boy has got to learn how to slide, and not from Buck.

I've never seen Willy attempt to Buck Pierce or Mike Reilly it.  I think he's pretty good about goin down when he should. As long as he's not trying to lower his head in traffic he's good.

No, no, you misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm strictly talking about sliding - not running whenever and however you want. Buck was one of the worst sliding QBs going...and Willy's style of sliding cannot be described. He may go down soon enough, but how he goes down, can only be described as...unorthodox.

It won't be as easy this week as it was against Regina last week. Their best receiver and their best DB were out before the game started. Then they lost 3 starting NI's during the game including their MLB. Oh yah and their starting QB. Not much else could have gone wrong for them and we didn't beat them by much. If we'd done the same under the same circumstances there'd be lots of fans saying we were really close considering everything that went against us.

Not very optimistic, after reading the skinny, on the Rider site....from Bile E. Style....

Ah yes, the Ratso Rizzo of CFL forums scurries about looking for affection and feasts on a crumb of tolerance provided by the Rider faithful.

He really is getting desperate. The shtick isn't even funny to the Rider fans.

It won't be as easy this week as it was against Regina last week. Their best receiver and their best DB were out before the game started. Then they lost 3 starting NI's during the game including their MLB. Oh yah and their starting QB. Not much else could have gone wrong for them and we didn't beat them by much. If we'd done the same under the same circumstances there'd be lots of fans saying we were really close considering everything that went against us.

No, it won't be an easy game for sure.

But why do insist in trying to take some of the lustre off a great victory in a tough place for us?

We also had injuries. Those are the teams that played.

And weren't we the ones down 8 points in the 3rd quarter? And then scored 2 touchdowns to win the game. I personally don't think their starting QB could have stopped those 2 TDs.

Lots of shtuff has happened to us and we've said that they were close games. This close game, we won.

Yeah. yeah. We won by good luck. I don't care if we win dirty or we win by luck for the rest of the season. At the end of the day the the win is all that matters.

I want my HC to say he knows what the problems are and has a plan to fix them.  I don't want him to downplay the obviously horrendous results.  Looking at the video of this game.... better have a slop bucket close by to throw up in.

It's ok to lose games.  But it's not ok to get blown out at home,  Repeatedly.  This team has gotten destroyed at IGF way too many times now...yuck...the way the team just deflated as soon as Willy went down was pathetic.  That's gota get put on Oshea's shoulders.  We should expect more and deserve more.

It's ok to lose games.  But it's not ok to get blown out at home,  Repeatedly.  This team has gotten destroyed at IGF way too many times now...yuck...the way the team just deflated as soon as Willy went down was pathetic.  That's gota get put on Oshea's shoulders.  We should expect more and deserve more.

It's extremely disturbing how often the Bombers lay eggs in front of their hometown fans, it must drive Wade Miller crazy trying to fill IGF.

It's extremely disturbing how often the Bombers lay eggs in front of their hometown fans, it must drive Wade Miller crazy trying to fill IGF.

I think Irving said the club is 4-15 at the new stadium!~~!!