[MERGED] July 2 Game Thread (Depth Charts included)

BigBlue

Neufeld's getting nervous about losing his starting job to Chungh.

Neufeld may not be aware of it, but that ship seems to have already sailed.

Chung did not look out of place on the O-line last week.  If he continues to play like he did against the Mustache Riders, he's gotta stay there and keep getting more experience.  Man he's going to be a beauty if he can stay healthy. 

I'm looking forward this week to seeing more replays of Picard punching defence-less D-lineman in the ribs while being screened from the ref, and watching them go ballistic as Marshall and Cotton barrel right by them.

Highlight of the week!  I only wish we could hear the audio from that exchange.

Highlight of the week!  I only wish we could hear the audio from that exchange.

Picard (in an outrageous French accent): Hey Johnnie!  Here's some love from the O-line!!  I know you are ticklish!  Tickle tickle!!!

Chick:  Hey Dom, cut that out!  That's not cool!! You know I don't like being tickled!  Oh hey your shoulder pads are crooked, let me push them back on to your shoulders for you.

Picard:  Oh hey thanks.  We should go for soda and pie after the game.  Oh look at that, we just scored a TD.

Chick: Yeah that's a great idea.  I love soda and pie!  Oh darn, wadda ya know, that guy just went right by me and here I am fixing your shoulder-pads.  Shame on me.  See you next series!

Picard: Looking forward to it Johnnie!!

Chick: No more tickling though!  Ha ha!!

How are we going to adjust our pass  rush tonight?

The key I think is to keep Colloras in the pocket instead of improvising after the pocket collapses.

The run I think we can handle - - at least with Leggett back there we are not going to be giving up as many 25+ yard plays - they will be held to 10-15 yards

I was hoping that the Tabbies would hit us with a whole lot of Grigsby tonight, given how many yards we gave up to the run last week.  Sadly, he's still on the one-game injured list...

It's not a good statement to make when other teams fans are wishing you could play ... ;)

I was hoping that the Tabbies would hit us with a whole lot of Grigsby tonight, given how many yards we gave up to the run last week.  Sadly, he's still on the one-game injured list...

It's not a good statement to make when other teams fans are wishing you could play ... ;)

Bryant Turner just has to belch on Grigsby and he would fall down.

I was hoping that the Tabbies would hit us with a whole lot of Grigsby tonight, given how many yards we gave up to the run last week. Sadly, he's still on the one-game injured list...

Bryant Turner just has to belch on Grigsby and he would fall down.

I'd assume Bryant Turner's burps and farts are very powerful, so most players would likely fall down if that occurred.

Hopefully we can keep Collaros in check, Hamilton's offensive is all about him moving around so the d line is going to have to get pressure and contain at the same time. If we don't we will be in big trouble

Agreed. With Leggett back, the d-backs ought to be able to contain the Hammy passing attack, but the game against Sask showed that the Bomber lineacking is vulnerable to an outside running game. So, the outside linebackers better be prepared to get on their horses early. If the Db's have to start hugging the line to stop the run, we are gonna get killed by Fantuz and company.

There is some talk on the weather channel and my app here that it could rain tonight, apparently it's supposed to, it should have already really but it says only until 6pm, however with how wrong they are at times and with how smokey it is outside, it's hard to tell what its going to do. If it  rains, the ground game might play an even bigger role and if it does, I think i'm pretty comfortable here and a minor upset may happen. 

There is some talk on the weather channel and my app here that it could rain tonight, apparently it's supposed to, it should have already really but it says only until 6pm, however with how wrong they are at times and with how smokey it is outside, it's hard to tell what its going to do. If it  rains, the ground game might play an even bigger role and if it does, I think i'm pretty comfortable here and a minor upset may happen. 

Just went for a coffee run and it *FEELS* like it's going to rain tonight .. hoping it holds off though.

I'll be up in 209 as usual later; only tonight's special as I've got 6 family members tickets for the game. Two are in town from Florida and will be experiencing IGF and the CFL for the first time. Here's hoping for a good game! If you see a #9 Brees jersey in the upperdeck, say hi (and welcome to Canada) to Phil. GO BLUE!

I was hoping that the Tabbies would hit us with a whole lot of Grigsby tonight, given how many yards we gave up to the run last week. Sadly, he's still on the one-game injured list...

If Holley keeps up his play... I'm not sure Grigsby gets back in even when he is healthy...

I think the Bombers may be in trouble tonight. Hammy appears to have a solid running game and our front 7 did not look good last week. Collaros has looked good for some time now and Willy will have to be at least as good. I think the game will decided by the D-lines.

I think the Bombers may be in trouble tonight. Hammy appears to have a solid running game and our front 7 did not look good last week. Collaros has looked good for some time now and Willy will have to be at least as good. I think the game will decided by the D-lines.

So you're basically describing last week then? I think Hamilton will have a better overall defence than Sask and that is what worries me. Our defense as a whole needs to be better, in turn.

And who knows, maybe home field advantage will actually be an advantage this year?