2015 NHL Free Agency

Rich

Always liked Burmi, glad he's back ... Frolik disappeared in the playoffs and what they paid was still too much IMO. 

Who on the Jets didn't disappear in the playoffs.

True :lol: , I was surprised he didn't have more impact in them though, he had been so consistent throughout the season ...

Thoughts on today: would have rather seen Frolik sign with an East team. I think the Chevy/Jets hate going around Twitter would be more subdued if he went out of conference. As for the deal, I think I'd have done 4 @ $4M last summer. But can see both sides.... He's not among the top 8 or so Jets in terms of value, and would have been paid as such.

@garylawless: and now Alex Burmistrov is back with #nhljets on a two-year deal #bn

@garylawless: so #nhljets not releasing aav on Burmi deal. why? not because they over-paid. is it a sign and trade? or did they drive a real hard bargain?

@garylawless: Frolik was a 4 and 4 guy for me. interesting #nhljets didn't sign him at $4.3. have to wonder if market broke down a bit. 5 and 5 was word

Will make the pens deadly. But as my second favourite team I'm not sure if this makes them a cup contender. High end talent wasn't really their problem.

I wonder how Duressler will feel about this

Big fan of this trade. Kessel should be highly productive along side Crosby (unless he's put with Malkin) and we were able to keep our D prospects. Plus, the Leafs retain part of his salary.

Going to be interesting though what other moves the Pens make as signing Kessel will likely put us over the cap.