UFA and RFA

Ducky

Maybe maybe not. But these guys gonna get massively overpaid. Happens every year. Chevy doesn't seem to be the type to over pay for free agents. Rather just sign our own guys if we can and promote from with in really. Regardless Winnipeg still isn't the ideal location for most players.

they kind of overpaid Pavelec but he has been showing results, good results. results that make it worth the 20 mil for five years

But EPM better show some results on the NHL ice if they are going to be overpaid (I mean Crosby is making what 120 mil to stay on the team for 12 years?)

Great value for him imo.

Absolutely.  He played very well.  And made Buff play better when they were paired together.

it makes our RHD depth pretty solid too:

Enstrom

Stuart

Chiarot

Morrissey

Question: I know once Chiarot was re-called last season, they would have to waive him to send him back down so they didnt risk it.  Can they assign a player to the Moose before the season without waivers?  I would think Chiarot would start with the Moose and be the first call up but if they need waivers, then he's staying up.  And that means the Jets have a glut of mid-low D-men.

Do you think Morissey is going to be starting over Chiarot day 1?

I would think it'd be the opposite. Chiarot has already proven he can play in the NHL and has shown himself as serviceable. Can see Morissey going down and getting his chance on an injury call up.

I haven't seen details of the contract, but with the lower dollar value, wouldn't be surprised if it was a one-way deal. Meaning they would have pay Chiarot full value if he were in the minors, while that isn't the case for Morissey.

Do you think Morissey is going to be starting over Chiarot day 1?

I would think it'd be the opposite. Chiarot has already proven he can play in the NHL and has shown himself as serviceable. Can see Morissey going down and getting his chance on an injury call up.

I haven't seen details of the contract, but with the lower dollar value, wouldn't be surprised if it was a one-way deal. Meaning they would have pay Chiarot full value if he were in the minors, while that isn't the case for Morissey.

I think Morrissey will season with the Moose for awhile.  One of the RHD might switch to the LHD side.  Plus we have Harrisson, Clitsome (who is likely done anyway).  I guess maybe "glut" isnt the right word to use...

Getting Chiarot for less than 1mm seems like a really good value to me. That guy showed some ability down the stretch and in the playoffs. Nice get, Chevy...

My thoughts are getting anyone for under a million is a good value. Maybe it's an arbitrary benchmark but anything under a million for a guy who can play even a little bit at the NHL level is just a no brainer deal to make. 

Great price, good player.

Morrisey would have to be REALLY good in TC to start with the big team... I think Chiarot is a better D-man than Stuart.

Who knows though, Enstrom and/or Stuart might not even be a Jet come TC.

Somewhat shocked by the Peluso signing but for that price, it is insurance against Thorbs getting hurt or the Jets needing muscle in a playoff series or something.

O'Dell and Postma next?