UFA and RFA

Ducky

Stewart? Nope wouldn't touch him with a 10000000000 foot pole, guy shows up once every 20 games or so. He will get more elsewhere, doesn't seem to be the type of player the Jets want or are looking for. Someone will over pay and think he will finally reach that potential he had years ago but.. he won't. He's a bust free agent signing if there ever was one.. 

Justin Williams? Might be interesting, wants to go to a team who has a chance to win tho, not sure that is the JETS. We are a bubble team, very much a bubble team, that doesn't change this season either, it's not like we are gonna go from being a bubble team who barely makes it to some dominant contender in a year, might even see us regress a bit this season. 

Gotta stop thinking the JEts are gonna be big players come free agent day, the free agents this year is the weakest group it's been in a very long time, you don't build your team through free agency, maybe we sign some depth, maybe we don't sign anyone at all.

People make a big deal out of the free agent frenzy thing but really, Being a Jets fan, we shouldn't cuz we will never ever be active on that day. It just won't happen, Chevy will not overpay for these guys and that's what some people will do. Perhaps this year people won't overpay cuz the free agent class is so weak..

I like Frolik and wish he would sign here for a reasonable amount and length and be relegated to the third line where he truly belongs but someone is gonna massively over pay to get him and i doubt its the JETS, basically when Frolik is one of the top 3 or 4 free agents out there, it's a weak class, a guy who on a good team should be playing third line and penalty killing, yup.. weak class this year, honestly, not even gonna watch the free agent frenzy this year, it's pointless, Jets won't be involved in it at all. 

Maybe we sign a guy like a Perreault last year and people go oh god, what the heck type of signing is that but in the end, it's a good value signing. 3 million a year for Perreault. That's good Value. Not gonna find that type of value this year that's for sure, weakest class in ages. 

Free Press article about Left Wing depth:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/lots-left-308953831.html

Included this tidbit I hadnt given much thought to:

there are rumblings if he does stick he could be flipped to the right side -- and possibly line up with Bryan Little and Andrew Ladd -- to not only give him a real opportunity to shine with meaty minutes, but possibly fill a void if Michael Frolik bolts in free agency.

Actually with his agent Liut and he's talking contract for sure, remains to be seen if that is a contract the Jets will want to sign, depends what his demands are and depends who even put that rumor out there, it might be the Jets trying to see if anyone is willing to trade for him. Honestly, i could care less if Burmistrov signs or is traded, I don't think he's as great as some think he will be and i don't think he's as bad as others do. I see him being a good bottom 6 player, that is all tho, bottom 6 plus PK but.. if his attitude hasn't changed and that's the big question, i see the Jets trading him even if they do sign him, I think a signed Burmistrov gets more than a non signed Burmistrov. 

Actually with his agent Liut and he's talking contract for sure, remains to be seen if that is a contract the Jets will want to sign, depends what his demands are and depends who even put that rumor out there, it might be the Jets trying to see if anyone is willing to trade for him. Honestly, i could care less if Burmistrov signs or is traded, I don't think he's as great as some think he will be and i don't think he's as bad as others do. I see him being a good bottom 6 player, that is all tho, bottom 6 plus PK but.. if his attitude hasn't changed and that's the big question, i see the Jets trading him even if they do sign him, I think a signed Burmistrov gets more than a non signed Burmistrov. 

His agent has zero leverage.  They will sign.  Maybe just a one year deal though.  He has the potential and skill to be a mid six guy, in my opinion.  2nd/3rd line guy.  He'd be a big boost on the 3RW and PK, especially losing Frolik.  I think he'd be decent on a line with Ehlers too.

I think Burmi is over rated severly and was a huge reach when Atlanta picked him. 

Over-rated by whom?  As an 8th overall pick, sure maybe.  But I dont think he's over-rated.  I havent seen him rated highly too many places.  I think he showed well here until the rift with the coach ended things for him.  He was probably Kane's best linemate, one of the best puck possession guys we had, and was never afraid to go into the corners and get the puck.  I think he's very talented.  If someone says he's a top line, 30 goal guy then yes, over-rated.  if they say he's a low 2nd line, high 3rd line who will have good puck possession numbers and be sound defensively, then I'd say he's rated on target.

There is a crazy rumor going around that have the Jets trying to trade up to 3 to grab one of hanifin provorov or werenski, all d men. The rumor is by a guy on the Jets site who is pretty damn bang on 99 percent of the time and it involves one of our picks in this years draft, josh morrissey and a unknown prospect (possibly burmistrov) to Arizona for 3rd overall.

I think it's far fetched but the guy is pretty much right all the time so who knows. AZ really likes Morrissey lots and apparently the Jets really want an NHL ready LH D man, they really like Hanifin apparently. 

You are going to have to give up at least that for a 3rd overall pick.

I'd be okay with Burmi, a 1st rounder, and Morissey.

Burmi at this point is basically a throw in for us.  You are trading a 13th overall (Morrissey) and a 17th or 25th (assuming it is a first being discussed) to move up to 3.

Chevy has always talked about accumulating assets to be able to make the moves they want. Not only drafting and developing, but with full cupboards they could make moves like this and target specific players they are high on.

A couple of scouting reports on Hannifin:

6'3" 205 lbs Shoots Left

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/noah-hanifin/

Hanifin is a smooth-skating defender with good size and acceleration who can generate some offense from the blueline but is also solid defensively. Although not a truly physical defenseman, he does not shy away form contact and will initiate it when necessary. Hanifin also has leadership qualities that could make NHL captain material down the road. Overall, he is an elite defender with few holes in his game.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/prospect-of-interest-the-411-on-noah-hanifin/

Marek’s Take: Hanifin is a high-end skater who plays in all situations. He’s big, powerful and has good offence to his game. Comparable: Like a Duncan Keith or Ryan Suter who will play huge minutes. Can play in the NHL next season.

He skates like Niedermayer

Hanifin has a lot going for him but nothing stands out more than his skating ability, and he uses it to his advantage.

On offence Hanifin uses his speed to skate the puck out of danger or lead a rush up ice, while on defence his long and fluid stride allows him to quickly close the gap on opposing forwards and get back in position if he gets caught up ice.

The modern NHL is built on speed and being able to quickly transition between offence and defence is a key component for many of today's elite defencemen. When he does make his way to the NHL, Hanifin has the raw ability to potentially become one of the best skating defencemen in the world.

Here's what director of Central Scouting Dan Marr had to say about the subject: “Everybody looks at him and says he’s a gifted offensive player, and he is, but what makes him so special is his transition game. He ‘gets it’ – that you have to play defence first and the offence will follow.”

Biggest weakness

... He's not a forward?

Seriously, there's just not many holes in his game. Aside from his elite skating, Hanifin gets full grades for his hockey sense, puck-movement and poise; he can also run a power play and has impressive size and strength for a player his age. There's a reason he's been the consensus third-rated prospect throughout the year.

Compare that with Morrissey:

6'0" 183 lbs shoots left

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/josh-morrissey/

Morrissey impressed in the Young Prospects tournament and made a push for a roster spot with the Jets as a 19-year-old before being returned to Prince Albert for a fourth season of junior hockey in 2014-15. He is a leading candidate to compete in his second world junior tournament with Canada. The team captain for the Raiders, he should continue to hone his game in the WHL while adding strength and physical maturity. Morrissey is expected to be an effective offensive defenseman and a game-changing type player when he eventually makes the Winnipeg roster.

Glad it isn't me making the decisions....Hanifin looks like a surefire D-man but giving up Morrissey and a 1st and an NHL ready player is a lot.

Would absolutely love to see him in a Jet uni.....maybe throw in Petan instead of Morrissey.

Morrissey, Hanifin and Enstrom/Chiarot on the L hand side would look nice and with Trouba, Myers and Buff, would make the Jet D the class of the league. Not sure if it is an affordable lineup though...

There is a crazy rumor going around that have the Jets trying to trade up to 3 to grab one of hanifin provorov or werenski, all d men. The rumor is by a guy on the Jets site who is pretty damn bang on 99 percent of the time and it involves one of our picks in this years draft, josh morrissey and a unknown prospect (possibly burmistrov) to Arizona for 3rd overall.

I think it's far fetched but the guy is pretty much right all the time so who knows. AZ really likes Morrissey lots and apparently the Jets really want an NHL ready LH D man, they really like Hanifin apparently. 

Interesting rumour.  But if we were able to snag the 3rd overall it seems odd we would only focus on the Dmen available and not grab a guy like Strome, a probable superstar.  There is no guarantee Hanifin turns out better than Morrissey.  Be a risk for sure.  But then it's all rumour  :).