Bombers Mini-Camp Roster

M.O.A.B.

@CJOBSports: Bomber mini camp over. Kyle Walters and mike O'Shea say Itwas a great success with at least 20 of the 51 players earning a spot in main camp

Any word on how young Mr. Reaves acquitted himself once he got up to speed?

I found this in the SUN http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/04/20/protecting-willy-improving-run-key-to-bombers-offence

The Bombers held their first of two practices this morning at IMG Academy, and the receivers did a much better job of holding on to the ball than they did on Sunday. Winnipeg native Jordan Reaves was noticeably better in that department after a rough opening day of mini-camp.

@CJOBSports: Bomber mini camp over. Kyle Walters and mike O'Shea say Itwas a great success with at least 20 of the 51 players earning a spot in main camp

Sounds like the trip was well worth it.

I don't want to start a new thread for this - does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale?

It's been June 1 league-wide the last several years.

BRADENTON, FLA. - As if Johnny Adams hadn’t impressed the coaching staff enough during the first two days of Bombers mini-camp, the defensive back out of Michigan State decided one more day of sublime coverage couldn’t hurt.

Adams recorded three interceptions over the first two days of mini-camp, and then he added a fourth on Tuesday morning when the Bombers held a 90-minute workout to close out the three-day evaluation event at IMG Academy.

“Being in the right spot is better than the picks sometimes, because somebody could tip the ball and you could be five yards away from the wide receiver and catch the pick,” Adams said. “Being in the right spot for me is better than catching the pick, but if I’m in the right spot and I get a pick it’s a bonus. I look at it like I’m working hard and I get rewarded for working hard.”

Adams is already under contract with the Blue and Gold, so there’s no doubt he’ll be at main training camp in June at the University of Manitoba’s outdoor football fields.

Some of the other 51 mini-camp participants weren’t under contract going into the weekend, but their agents might be hearing from general manager Kyle Walters soon.

One such player who stood out was receiver Ja-mes Logan, who played at Ole Miss and caught nearly every ball thrown his way, no matter the degree of difficulty.

“It went pretty well,” Logan said. “I had to get adjusted to the first day, second day, the waggle. I caught on to it pretty quick, so from there it was just football. I feel pretty good, but I’m going to do better.”

The top priority for the Bombers going into the mini-camp was finding linebackers, and they believe they have what they need. They just weren’t sure yet which ones were going to get an opportunity at training camp.

TraShaun Nixon got kudos from head coach Mike O’Shea on Sunday, but he wasn’t the only one who stood out.

“There’s a decent mix of size and athleticism and speed,” general manager Kyle Walters said. “It’s a good problem to have, to make sure we get the right four or five, whatever that number is, that we bring up to Winnipeg.”

The Bombers, according to a source, signed five players to contracts during the camp, including linebackers Kenny Tate and C.J. Wilson, running back Carlos Anderson, and receivers Lavon Downs and Jhomo Gordon.

Walters expects to promote approximately 20 mini-camp players to main camp in June.

MINOR GLITCH

The mini-camp ran smoothly for the most part at IMG Academy, but Walters didn’t hold back when asked if anything hadn’t gone as smoothly as he had hoped it would.

“What disappointed me was the breakfast hall wasn’t open two mornings in a row,” Walters said. “From our standpoint, when you look at the time and energy that we put into here and there was a screw-up by somebody down here and it was embarrassing for us to show up at the cafeteria ...

“To their credit, they realized the mistake and scrambled.”

The Bombers didn’t miss any practice time because of the mix-up.

Another possible location for CFL teams to conduct their mini-camps is Historic Dodgertown in Vero Beach, Fla., where Montreal and Edmonton are conducting their workouts this month. Saskatchewan, Calgary and Toronto also use IMG for their mini-camps.

COMING ALONG

Many eyes were on Winnipeg native Jordan Reaves at mini-camp, and it was a mixed bag of results for the 25-year-old son of Bomber great Willard Reaves.

Jordan Reaves, who hasn’t played competitive football since 2005, dropped a lot of balls on Day 1, looked much better on Day 2, and injured his left leg on Day 3 and didn’t finish the practice.

“We understood going in that it’s going to require some work,” O’Shea said. “(Receivers coach) Markus (Howell) was good with him. He gave him a specific task every practice that he had to work on and focus on, and Jordan improved every day.”

The other two Canadian receivers in camp, Kris Bastien and Ezra Millington, committed themselves well. As of now, they are the backups to Winnipeg’s two starting Canadian receivers, Rory Kohlert and Julian Feoli-Gudino.

I don't want to start a new thread for this - does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale?

If you sign up for the CFL Field Pass newsletter at CFL.ca they usually have a pre-sale code for single game tickets that's good for games league-wide.

If you sign up for the CFL Field Pass newsletter at CFL.ca they usually have a pre-sale code for single game tickets that's good for games league-wide.

Thanks for the tip!

@DarrinBauming: Looks like the #Bombers have added another Florida camp attendee; (6'5, 319) offensive tackle Corey Lewis out of Illinios. Major ACL history

He's not kidding when he says major. The guy has had 4 separate torn ACL injuries.

Also to be fair the mini camp is being held in Ottawa not Florida

And?  All Winnipeg reporters had to do in Florida was focus on mini-camp... 

Point is, still gotta get to Florida. I'd think it's easier for a media outlet to send people down the road to the stadium than it is to send people all the way to Florida. $$$$

Point is, still gotta get to Florida. I'd think it's easier for a media outlet to send people down the road to the stadium than it is to send people all the way to Florida. $$$$

That's the point...  if the newspaper has spent $$ sending these guys to Florida, send back actual content.

That's the point...  if the newspaper has spent $$ sending these guys to Florida, send back actual content.

"Ehhh...good enough. Everyone's focused on Jets right now anyhow..."

There is room in the media to focus on 2 things you know. 

something something ADD Generation something something......

something something ADD Generation something something......

That's a ridiculOOOOOOOSHINY!!!!

Here's a link to some one-on-one drills from Bombers mini camp:

Derrell Johnson looked pretty damn good.... David Mims I would say was the other stand out to me... Pretty excited to see these guys against the vets

Thanks for that