Bombers Sign INT OT Zebrie Sanders

Atomic

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has signed International offensive tackle Zebrie Sanders.

Sanders (6-6, 320, Florida State, December 4, 1989 in Columbia, South Carolina) was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the 5th round of the 2012 NFL Draft, after spending from four seasons with the Florida State Seminoles. He was on the Bills injured list in 2012 and was released in training camp of 2013.

Sanders started 50 career games at Florida State, the second most in the history of the school. He was selected All-ACC Conference as a senior in 2011.

Brilliant!

Apparently, he thought the play had been blown dead due to defensive offsides, and had been coached to stay still to prevent any chance of the Oline being penalized for a false start. Whatever the case... it looks pretty funny and he's standing out in the worst way.

Other than this... has anyone heard anything else about Mr Sanders?

Apparently he was a 5th round draft pick by the Bills in 2012 but sat out all of 2013 due to hip injury (carrying 320 lb- not a surprise) and was idle all of last year. Lord knows, he is a load and I would not have to foot the bill for his meals. i hope the Bombers have a list of all-you-can-eat buffets in Winnipeg handy.

You can judge him by one play, I will look at his resume instead. Pretty impressive prospect.

Nobody is judging him by one play, it's just a funny video that had to be posted.  It is one of the first things that comes up on Google when you search his name.

5834331.jpeg

Height / Weight:
6-6 / 307

Position:
OT

Four-year starter at offensive tackle for the Seminoles...made a team and ACC-leading 50 career starts, including 36 consecutive game and his 50 career starts are tied for the second-most in Florida State history...capped off his career by earning first team All-ACC honors and was a two-time All-ACC Academic football team member.

2011:
Fourth-year senior starting offensive tackle for the Seminoles...earned first team All-ACC honors for the first time in his career...also named to the All-ACC Academic football team for the second straight season...was runner-up for Jacobs Blocking Award, presented to the ACC's most dominant offensive lineman...opened the season as the starter on the right side, but was moved to left tackle for the final seven regular season games following a season-ending injury to fellow senior Andrew Datko...made a team and ACC-leading 50 career starts, including 36 consecutive games...his 50 career starts are tied for the second-most in Florida State history...has consistently ranked among the top-graded offensive linemen at FSU, posting a season average grade of 76 for demanding position coach Rick Trickett...leads the team with 819 snaps...posted a team-leading 28 knockdown blocks, pushing his career total to 139, tops among all FSU linemen...has been penalized just eight times all season and allowed only two sacks since moving to left tackle as quarterback EJ Manuel's blind-side protector over the final eight games...saved his best performance for his final game, logging a career-high grade of 94 percent in FSU's 18-14 Champs Sports Bowl win over Notre Dame, when he started alongside four true freshmen up front...registered three knockdowns and did not have a missed assignment against the Fighting Irish...put together the best six-game stretch of his career in terms of grades - Clemson, Wake Forest, Duke, Maryland, NC State and Boston College - posting five grades of 80 percent or better...earned a grade of 89 percent at Boston College, which followed an 85 against NC State...matched a career high with five knockdown blocks against the Wolfpack...also registered four knockdowns against Wake Forest and Charleston Southern...graduated in December with a degree in retail merchandising and product development.

Mammoth junior right tackle and third-year starter who closed out his most impressive season to date, thanks to his dedication in the offseason...started all 14 games, including one at left tackle (Virginia) in Andrew Datko's absence...shared ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week honors for his performance in the season opener against Samford, when he posted a career-high grade of 90 percent...only Seminole lineman credited with at least one knockdown block in 13 of 14 games...finished second on the team with 37 knockdown blocks, including a career-high of five against Boston College...registered a season average grade of 81 percent, which is the best of his career...third among all FSU linemen with 37 career starts, including 23 consecutive, which was second only to Ryan McMahon among linemen...capped off the season grading out at 88 percent against South Carolina in the Chick-fil-A Bowl...also graded out at 88 percent against Boston College and North Carolina...earned an academic achievement award at the 2010 football banquet for having one of the top GPAs for his class...selected to the ACC All-Academic football team.

Starter at right tackle in 12 of 13 games on the year...finished the 2009 campaign with a grade of 73 percent and led the Seminoles with 43 knockdown blocks...enjoyed one of the top performances of his career in the season opener against Miami, grading out at 88 percent with eight knockdowns...struggled with his consistency early on, did not start against USF...regained his starting job and at one point strung together four games - North Carolina, NC State, Clemson and Wake Forest - with grades of 80 or better as the `Noles went 3-1.

Started opener as true freshman at left tackle before moving to right side, where he started final 10 games....played in all 13 contests and finished third on team with 31 knockdowns...allowed one sack and was penalized one time all season...recorded the line's overall best grade against Boston College and later against Wisconsin in the Champs Sports Bowl.

PERSONAL
Coveted four-star high school prospect who earned PrepStar All-American honors and was the Anthony Munoz Foundation Offensive Lineman of the Year as a senior at Northmont High School...earned Under Armour All-American honors...a three-year starter at left tackle...outstanding student with a wide range of interests...received a superior ranking as a violist in the chamber orchestra...earned Eagle Scout rank from Boy Scouts of America...born in Columbia, S.C....mother attended Georgia...selected FSU from offers which included Georgia, Florida, LSU, Clemson and UCLA, among others...born December 4, 1989

http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32900&ATCLID=209587724

We already have lots of American DL.  I wouldn't expect too many more on the roster before training camp unless they are planning on cutting some loose.  Maybe 2 or 3 new ones.

I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if Peach is still starting for us, but Vega's spot should be up for grabs.

We already have lots of American DL.  I wouldn't expect too many more on the roster before training camp unless they are planning on cutting some loose.  Maybe 2 or 3 new ones.

I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if Peach is still starting for us, but Vega's spot should be up for grabs.

I'm expecting a bounce back year from Vega. I think (hope) his problems last year were due to playing hurt.

We already have lots of American DL. I wouldn't expect too many more on the roster before training camp unless they are planning on cutting some loose. Maybe 2 or 3 new ones.

I'm expecting a bounce back year from Vega. I think (hope) his problems last year were due to playing hurt.

We already have lots of American DL. I wouldn't expect too many more on the roster before training camp unless they are planning on cutting some loose. Maybe 2 or 3 new ones.

He had turf toe most of last season but says he's 100% now.