Pav is starting to lose, back to Hutch ...

Yeah Buff got pretty beat on that one, Buff had a brutal game all around really, lazy buff is back again.  Blaming Pavelec is crazy, not a huge Pav fan, well really, i'm a fan of whoever they start but... not the biggest PAV supporter but he's been pretty good this season all things considered, his save percentage and goals against suggest that he has been pretty good, he's been better than league average really. Blaming Pav on that one is just not true at all.. Even just blaming Buff isn't true either, it was the entire line there...

Wheeler went for an early change cuz he thought they were just gonna cycle the puck, left the entire right side open for the stretch pass, Scheif took a spill behind the net, Stafford was nowhere to be seen, Pardy and Buff both got beat by Kreider, he was in behind them both, That shouldn't happen with 3 minutes left, really the last 3 or so minutes, From the Kreider goal on, to Buff taking a penalty with 40 seconds left was just a really brutal sequence of events, mainly for buff but more so for the entire team. 

It's pretty bad when you are expecting guys like Buff to step up, Ladd even, Frolik let's say, I'll give Scheif a pass, he obviously  was in some pain the whole game from blocking that shot.. but these games are where you expect your big guys to step up and take it over... Who scored for us tho? Slater and Stempniak, The bottom 6 guys, really the 3rd and 4th lines.. Though Wheeler and Little played well for the most part and like i said, scheif was hurt so it obviously played a role for him but where was Buff? Ladd? Frolik? Stafford? nowhere to be found, instead of stepping up, they didn't do much at all, well buff did but... what buff did was hurt the team quite a bit with his stupid plays. 

Buff has gone back to the floating buff, it's too bad cuz this is the time of year you expect these guys to step up, You expect your core to step up and like i said, little and wheeler had strong games but where was the rest? Invisible really. 

My $.02:

Pavelec must have been expecting him to shoot b/c he was giving a lot of space on his glove hand side. He probably thought Kreider didn't have the time or space to make a move like he did. When he did cut back Pavelec was screwed.

As a side note, it seems to be Kreider's thing to "accidentally" follow his shot into the net. Him running Price is the biggest reason the Rangers made it to the Finals last season.

Kreider made one hell of a move, BUFF did not have him defended, buff got owned really. It was a nice move and nice goal by Kreider, Blaming Pavelec on that one is just crazy and obviously from someone who has never played hockey, or if so, was a terrible teammate. Sometimes, the other guy just makes a nice move, that's what that goal by Kreider was, he beat Buff to the puck and made a nice move on the goalie, the only move he could really have made to beat him and did it in a split second really, Pav had him but, Kreider made a great move. Why always looking to blame Pavelec? Why can't it just be the ranger player made a nice move and scored?

You're correct I've never played organized hockey, but I talked to a couple buddies who have and they both agreed Pavelec was out of position there. If he'd have used proper technique he would have stopped the puck.

You and your buddies have the wrong position.

You're talking as if the goalie was positioning himself for a shot from, well, anywhere on the ice. That goal was a moving play from Pavelec's left to right side from a player who had the puck on his forehand, but after a quick flip, it was on his backhand, which fooled the goalie, and it was a goal.

NO goalie would be faulted for that.

Rather the player, who made that terrific move, would be lauded by every hockey fan…save you and your buddies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6FNkT8iY4Ww

I was a goalie and I'd love to know this technique Gbill Is speaking of. Whats this technique that will allow you to make a save when the other guy makes one heck of a move in about half a second?

The technique is you cover the side of the net where the shooter is coming from. Bottom line is Pavelec and Byfuglien both suck. I hope they're both gone by next season.

I was a goalie and I'd love to know this technique Gbill Is speaking of. Whats this technique that will allow you to make a save when the other guy makes one heck of a move in about half a second?

The technique is you cover the side of the net where the shooter is coming from. Bottom line is Pavelec and Byfuglien both suck. I hope they're both gone by next season.

April Fool's was a couple days ago...joke's over.

I'm serious.  Byfuglien and Pavelec are the two weak links holding the Jets back.  It's funny how Pavelec suck for 3 season here, then he plays a few great games, and  all of a sudden fans forget about how terrible he actually is.  Why is that?  And Byfuglien has been a weak link ever since the Jets returned to Winnipeg; he plays a few games at an elite level this year, because he was motivated to stay on D, and then he goes back to his usual self, and fans all of a sudden think he's elite.  He's not.  Buff has played at an elite level, but it seems those moments are etched in fans minds, and they forget about the other 80% of the time where Byfuglien is out there floating around not playing any defense, costing the Jets more than he's adding.  He's an athlete who plays well when he's motivated.  Not the kind of player I'd want on my team as a GM, and I have a feeling Chevy thinks the same way, and Byfuglien will be traded this offseason.  Re-signing Byfuglien to anything more than 3-4 years will cripple the Jets long-term. 

The technique is you cover the side of the net where the shooter is coming from. 

Kreider picked up the puck by the boards and they went to the middle of ice before he deked Pavs.

I would not consider the guy being sent to the all star game as a weak link. Pav has been mediocre in the past but any normal fan could see that the breakdowns have been not his fault.

A weak link would be guys like Antropov,jokinen , setoguchi, etc... Guys who were getting paid but really sucked.

lol at the player who best exemplifies our team identity being a weak link on our team.

lol at being out of position

lol

lol at not thinking Pavelec is a huge weak link on the Jets. Aside from 3-4 recent games, Pavs lets in a softie just about every game. It's amazing what the "recency factor" does to people's mindsets.

lol

Pavelec has league average numbers, that's what he is. He's league average really and that's really all the Jets need to get in to the playoffs, you don't need all star goaltending night in night out, and if you think you do, no team gets that except maybe Montreal and even every now and then Price craps the bed too, I don't get this always blaming one guy that some people do. There are 6 guys on the ice including the goalie, Lets in a weak goal every game? What weak goal did he let in vs NYR or Chicago? the screened ones? the breakaways? the deflections? I mean, not the biggest PAV supporter but the guy has played pretty damn good this entire season really, The team in front of him tho, not so much some nights, Our goalies were standing on their heads for a while, both of them, we were winning games 3-2, 2-1, etc. We weren't exactly lighting the lamp so to speak. This teams major problem is not the goaltending, It's the penalties, they lead the league in penalties and it's not even close, Buff actually leads the team in penalty minutes, To blame one  guy tho is insane when there are 5 other guys on the ice always, Up until very recently, we had like one maybe 2 good lines, now we have some depth and what we see happening is the depth players (3rd and 4th lines) are actually stepping up but the top 2 lines have gone MIA for chunks of time. The team, they are pretty good 5 on 5, their possession numbers are like tops in the league with LA and other teams, but they take too many penalties and don't know how to win. You can blame the goalie, guess it's the easy thing to do, but reality is, the goalie is just one guy on the ice, there are 5 other guys out there too.. Put it this way really, we lead the league in penalty minutes by lots, if we took even lets say 1 less penalty a game, we'd probably have clinched a playoff spot by now cuz the PK isn't that good and when we get a chance on a powerplay, what happens? Nothing really, It's special teams that are our biggest weakness, it's not just one player that's for sure.  The argument could easily be made that without PAV getting on his recent hot streak, this team wouldn't be fighting for a playoff spot even... Cuz the other guy (hutch) has been rather mediocre since the all star break. 

lol at the player who best exemplifies our team identity being a weak link on our team.

lol

lol at not thinking Pavelec is a huge weak link on the Jets. Aside from 3-4 recent games, Pavs lets in a softie just about every game. It's amazing what the "recency factor" does to people's mindsets.

lol

I never said he wasn't a weak link.

I don't much care for Pavelec. That being said, you have to be from the moon if you think it's reasonable to say "he was out of position" on the Kreider goal.

lol

lol

Pavelec has league average numbers, that's what he is. He's league average really and that's really all the Jets need to get in to the playoffs, you don't need all star goaltending night in night out, and if you think you do, no team gets that except maybe Montreal and even every now and then Price craps the bed too, I don't get this always blaming one guy that some people do. There are 6 guys on the ice including the goalie, Lets in a weak goal every game? What weak goal did he let in vs NYR or Chicago? the screened ones? the breakaways? the deflections? I mean, not the biggest PAV supporter but the guy has played pretty damn good this entire season really, The team in front of him tho, not so much some nights, Our goalies were standing on their heads for a while, both of them, we were winning games 3-2, 2-1, etc. We weren't exactly lighting the lamp so to speak. This teams major problem is not the goaltending, It's the penalties, they lead the league in penalties and it's not even close, Buff actually leads the team in penalty minutes, To blame one guy tho is insane when there are 5 other guys on the ice always, Up until very recently, we had like one maybe 2 good lines, now we have some depth and what we see happening is the depth players (3rd and 4th lines) are actually stepping up but the top 2 lines have gone MIA for chunks of time. The team, they are pretty good 5 on 5, their possession numbers are like tops in the league with LA and other teams, but they take too many penalties and don't know how to win. You can blame the goalie, guess it's the easy thing to do, but reality is, the goalie is just one guy on the ice, there are 5 other guys out there too.. Put it this way really, we lead the league in penalty minutes by lots, if we took even lets say 1 less penalty a game, we'd probably have clinched a playoff spot by now cuz the PK isn't that good and when we get a chance on a powerplay, what happens? Nothing really, It's special teams that are our biggest weakness, it's not just one player that's for sure. The argument could easily be made that without PAV getting on his recent hot streak, this team wouldn't be fighting for a playoff spot even... Cuz the other guy (hutch) has been rather mediocre since the all star break.

Prior to this season Pavelec was well below league average, and you can't argue with that. Just look at his save percentage (league average is .915 and Pavelec's career save % is significantly below that).

In fact that save percentage shows that about every 3 games Pavelec lets in one extra goal, compared to a league average goalie. Think about that for a minute and how damaging that is to a teams success, considering how close games are in the NHL.

In a previous thread on this forum I posted links to websites with stats showing he's been the NHL's worst starting goalie over the last few years.

His recent hot streak has brought his stats up to about league average, but since then he's starting level off to his normal self, below average. If Pavelec had kept up a league average save % the last two games, we would have won both games. Last two games he was .875 and .833.

Prior to Pavelec's recent hot streak he was well below league average. He needed this hot streak just to make himself league average. Think about the anchor he's been this season prior to the hot streak. And now he's leveling off once again to below league average.

Pavelec has a hot streak every season, but always levels off to below league average. We're lucky his hot streak occurred when it did this year, during a playoff push, but he's showing he can't be relied upon now as he's leveling off. Playing fewer games this year will also help make his numbers look a little better.

He's an inconsistent, below average goalie who lets in soft goals at the worst possible times, and usually one softie per game. Pavelec is a good NHL backup, but is not a starter in the NHL. That's who he is.

Pavelec has league average numbers, that's what he is. He's league average really and that's really all the Jets need to get in to the playoffs, you don't need all star goaltending night in night out, and if you think you do, no team gets that except maybe Montreal and even every now and then Price craps the bed too, I don't get this always blaming one guy that some people do. There are 6 guys on the ice including the goalie, Lets in a weak goal every game? What weak goal did he let in vs NYR or Chicago? the screened ones? the breakaways? the deflections? I mean, not the biggest PAV supporter but the guy has played pretty damn good this entire season really, The team in front of him tho, not so much some nights, Our goalies were standing on their heads for a while, both of them, we were winning games 3-2, 2-1, etc. We weren't exactly lighting the lamp so to speak. This teams major problem is not the goaltending, It's the penalties, they lead the league in penalties and it's not even close, Buff actually leads the team in penalty minutes, To blame one guy tho is insane when there are 5 other guys on the ice always, Up until very recently, we had like one maybe 2 good lines, now we have some depth and what we see happening is the depth players (3rd and 4th lines) are actually stepping up but the top 2 lines have gone MIA for chunks of time. The team, they are pretty good 5 on 5, their possession numbers are like tops in the league with LA and other teams, but they take too many penalties and don't know how to win. You can blame the goalie, guess it's the easy thing to do, but reality is, the goalie is just one guy on the ice, there are 5 other guys out there too.. Put it this way really, we lead the league in penalty minutes by lots, if we took even lets say 1 less penalty a game, we'd probably have clinched a playoff spot by now cuz the PK isn't that good and when we get a chance on a powerplay, what happens? Nothing really, It's special teams that are our biggest weakness, it's not just one player that's for sure. The argument could easily be made that without PAV getting on his recent hot streak, this team wouldn't be fighting for a playoff spot even... Cuz the other guy (hutch) has been rather mediocre since the all star break.

Prior to this season Pavelec was well below league average, and you can't argue with that. Just look at his save percentage (league average is .915 and Pavelec's career save % is significantly below that).

In fact that save percentage shows that about every 3 games Pavelec lets in one extra goal, compared to a league average goalie. Think about that for a minute and how damaging that is to a teams success, considering how close games are in the NHL.

In a previous thread on this forum I posted links to websites with stats showing he's been the NHL's worst starting goalie over the last few years.

His recent hot streak has brought his stats up to about league average, but since then he's starting level off to his normal self, below average. If Pavelec had kept up a league average save % the last two games, we would have won both games. Last two games he was .875 and .833.

Prior to Pavelec's recent hot streak he was well below league average. He needed this hot streak just to make himself league average. Think about the anchor he's been this season prior to the hot streak. And now he's leveling off once again to below league average.

Pavelec has a hot streak every season, but always levels off to below league average. We're lucky his hot streak occurred when it did this year, during a playoff push, but he's showing he can't be relied upon now as he's leveling off. Playing fewer games this year will also help make his numbers look a little better.

He's an inconsistent, below average goalie who lets in soft goals at the worst possible times, and usually one softie per game. Pavelec is a good NHL backup, but is not a starter in the NHL. That's who he is.

So what is your opinion on Hutchinson? The numbers have been tanking big time since the break are you suggesting we bench both and put in Budaj?