Bombers 2015 ratio

gbill2004

No offence intended but is this maybe not a bit of a pointless thread until after the draft considering how deep it is and our three picks in the first two rounds?

Can't see any draft picks stepping in this season and starting right away and making a difference.

Could easily see a top ranked receiver or defensive lineman stepping in and playing right away.

Any players good enough to step in and play right away are the same players that will attract NFL interest.  And I doubt any receiver will be good enough that we're switching our ratio and only playing two imports.  If he's that good, that just means JFG is back on the sidelines.

No offence intended but is this maybe not a bit of a pointless thread until after the draft considering how deep it is and our three picks in the first two rounds?

Can't see any draft picks stepping in this season and starting right away and making a difference.

Could easily see a top ranked receiver or defensive lineman stepping in and playing right away.

Any players good enough to step in and play right away are the same players that will attract NFL interest.  And I doubt any receiver will be good enough that we're switching our ratio and only playing two imports.  If he's that good, that just means JFG is back on the sidelines.

OK well you're the expert I guess.

Thank you.  But I'd hardly consider myself an expert.  I just took your idea to the next logical step and made 3 points that seem reasonable.

Darryl Waud good enough to start right away?  Sure, it's possible.  And that's why there has already been reports of NFL interest in him.

Demski/Durant so good that they start right away?  Sure, it's possible.  Would that mean the Bombers change their ratio on the offensive side, starting Demski/Kohlert/KFG and two imports?  Or would they instead just promote the new guy ahead of JFG and still start three imports?  I'd say the latter is much more likely than the former.  So the ratio remains unchanged.

Hurl has ideal size and quickness for a MLB.... We've also assembled quite the defensive coaching staff.... I'm cautiously optimistic about Hurl doing decent his first year and growing from there. I'd rather Muamba get cut and come back though!

Hurl's speed may make him better suited to be an outside linebacker, and if Muamba returns, we're all set for years.

Hurl is not fast enough to be OLB in my mind, nor is he good enough in coverage... I think a guy like Briggs is much better suited to WLB in the future

Hurl has ideal size and quickness for a MLB.... We've also assembled quite the defensive coaching staff.... I'm cautiously optimistic about Hurl doing decent his first year and growing from there. I'd rather Muamba get cut and come back though!

Hurl's speed may make him better suited to be an outside linebacker, and if Muamba returns, we're all set for years.

Sorry to burst you bubble. No guarantee that we will get Henoc on the fold when he returns to the CFL (If ever that happens). We dont hold his rights anymore, he will be a free agent.

ya, but he loves it here, He'll come back... Besides, Walters as adamant that he would at least match the highest offer, no matter the cost

Thank you.  But I'd hardly consider myself an expert.  I just took your idea to the next logical step and made 3 points that seem reasonable.

Darryl Waud good enough to start right away?  Sure, it's possible.  And that's why there has already been reports of NFL interest in him.

Demski/Durant so good that they start right away?  Sure, it's possible.  Would that mean the Bombers change their ratio on the offensive side, starting Demski/Kohlert/KFG and two imports?  Or would they instead just promote the new guy ahead of JFG and still start three imports?  I'd say the latter is much more likely than the former.  So the ratio remains unchanged.

I could see us going 3 NI's at receiver if we draft Durant/Demski provided they are quick and fast enough to stretch the field. Our current 3rd import receiver certainly isn't going to be a household name that we NEED to keep on the field.... 

Neither is Feoli-Gudino and we don't have the depth to accommodate 3 Canadian starting receivers

I disagree we lack the depth if we draft one of those guys. We could easily just plug an NI elsewhere and back the third ni rec. up with an american.

I do agree about JFG

Three NI receivers would be setting Willy up to fail... Kohlert, JFG and a prospect are enough to fill one receiver position

Its interesting that there just seems to be no talk about Neufeld at RT at all.

I projected him to start at RG, but he'll have to battle Goossen for that spot.

What I mean is that he's actually played RT in Sask and when he came in, it seemed like he was a 'ratio changer' we had been looking for...

Three NI receivers would be setting Willy up to fail... Kohlert, JFG and a prospect are enough to fill one receiver position

What I mean is that he's actually played RT in Sask and when he came in, it seemed like he was a 'ratio changer' we had been looking for...

It doesn't appear that the Bombers see him as a tackle yet. He was very effective last year at guard.

I agree that he looked a lot better at Tackle when he was with the Riders... definitely more of a finesse Technique guy rather than a brawler at OG. Wasn't impressed with his push against the DT's and found him lacking

I would suspect that with him being a bit of an injury concern you don't want to play him at tackle without having another Canadian who can slide into that position if he gets hurt. He plays guard then in the event of injury you're only making one move on the OL and you don't have to change the ratio at all. 

I would suspect that with him being a bit of an injury concern you don't want to play him at tackle without having another Canadian who can slide into that position if he gets hurt. He plays guard then in the event of injury you're only making one move on the OL and you don't have to change the ratio at all. 

That makes very little sense. 

First if he was playing RT and he got hurt. It would only be one move on the OL, replacing the RT with an American and changing the ratio. 

Secondly, I doubt that they play the ratio a way they don't want to all year because if they play it in a more advantageous way, an oft injured player might get hurt and force them to play the ratio in the same way they don't want to but are going to anyways to supposedly solve the problem. That's like saying "I like steak but if I buy it, it might go bad and that will force me to eat top ramen. So I'll avoid the problem by eating  ramen anyways.

If he isn't playing RT it's cause he isn't good enough. You can't have a capable backup for every starting CDN.

We tried him there, during camp, neufeld was taking reps at tackle and what's his face, Knapp is it? He was taking reps at guard, Neufled looked ok at tackle too, just ok tho. Not a world beater or anything, but looked ok. I'm gonna go there and say that if Bob Wylie see's Neufeld as more of a guard than a tackle, then who the hell am i or anyone really to suggest otherwise. Let's be honest here, we can talk about LB's, we can talk about DB's, we can talk about Receivers, QB's, RB's, DL, DE, name it really and kind of have an idea of what we are talking about but when it comes to the OLINE, i think we are kidding ourselves if we think we actually understand all the aspects that go in to creating a solid oline. The best Olines aren't always the ones with the biggest names, they are the ones who play together the longest, one guy makes a mistake, they all kind of do it seems.. If Wylie thinks Neufeld is better suited to be a guard, then i think Neufeld should be a guard really.