Anyone still think we're going with Royal Blue Jerseys this season?

IC Khari

Wouldn't the team make some kind of announcement about it (going back to Royal Blue) by now in a Grey Cup hosting season? I know Winnipeg teams (both Jets and Bombers) are famous for holding off on announcements, but seeing as FA is almost upon us you'd think they'd want the newly signed guys (hopefully there are some ;) ) to sport the 2015 uni in the press pics. Oh well ... :(

Wouldn't the team make some kind of announcement about it (going back to Royal Blue) by now in a Grey Cup hosting season? I know Winnipeg teams (both Jets and Bombers) are famous for holding off on announcements, but seeing as FA is almost upon us you'd think they'd want the newly signed guys (hopefully there are some ;) ) to sport the 2015 uni in the press pics. Oh well ... :(

Well by that logic, wouldn't they just announce it when they have the big names wearing them at an introduction presser or something...?

Well by that logic, wouldn't they just announce it when they have the big names wearing them at an introduction presser or something...?

You're right! Let's hope ... ;)

Back to royals please.

Unies now are horrible IMO.

My comment is on Reebok's disregard of Royal Blue

Well, Reebok did make Royal Blues. We wear them. They know how to do it. The question is just whether it's Reebok's, the CFL's, or the Blue Bombers' decision *not* to use them as our primaries.

They exist already. This shouldn't be that hard. Just wear them 8 or 9 times instead of 2. Keep the gold aways if it makes it easier -- I'm sure fans would accept that at this point (even though I think the old whites with royal blue are also great, and I'd happily wear one of those).

Back to royals please.

Back to royals please.

Right ...  sry i got ya.

The whole design sucks tho IMO... not jus the color.

Ya, this would be a team decision not Reebok's, as the design changes two years ago are league wide and they aren't going to be returning to that so soon. Also ... we do have the Royal Blue so that makes it easy that's true. Hope the team listens to the fans in this regard ...

Does the Bomber marketing department have ears? Do they actually listen to fans & forum?

Or do they think they know best?

Yes, the team does listen to the fans.  And yes, we do monitor forums, mostly to make sure we can dispel false information that's being spoken about as fact.  

However, first off, it's not a decision made by the "Marketing department" to change the uniform colors.

Secondly, yes, we are well aware that a segment of fans wants the team to go back to royal blue full time.  

Thirdly, it's not as easy as just "deciding" to make a change and then doing it.  There are far more factors that would go into a move like that than just making a decision a couple of months before the season and swapping jerseys.  It would have to be approved at a variety of levels, and then there would be a substantial cost to switching over all of the team gear, down to the most minute pieces of equipment. If a color scheme switch is going to happen, it's a decision that's made thoughtfully and carefully at higher levels than just the "Marketing department", with consideration given to all of those factors and many, many more.   

Yes, the royal blues are gorgeous and we know a lot of fans love them.  But to suggest the team isn't listening to its fans, or that we "know best" as you put it, just because the royal blues haven't been brought back as the primary jersey is a terribly unfair characterization of the situation when there is substantially more to it than that.

But thanks for your input!