2 Weeks to FA - Atomic Top 5 NI Free Agents

Atomic

Our OG's are equally as bad as our OTs. I don't know how people don't see that

I don't see any pending free agent NI OGs who would be significant upgrades over Greaves/Neufeld/Goossen.

Wojt or Eppele could potentially be major upgrades but there are injury concerns. Of course there are injury concerns with Neufeld as well.

I don't see any pending free agent NI OGs who would be significant upgrades over Greaves/Neufeld/Goossen.
Wojt or Eppele could potentially be major upgrades but there are injury concerns. Of course there are injury concerns with Neufeld as well.

Everything considered I group those 3 guys together. Neufeld is a very good OG when healthy.

Has anybody heard anything about Eppele this offseason? Is he even planning on playing again?

Marcel Desjardins quote from October 2014:

"We've got four or five guys (without contracts). One of the players is (injured offensive lineman) Joe Eppele. I don't think he'll play again. He was in Hamilton the other day. He's 30 pounds lighter than he was. I think he's moving on from football. For us, it would be too risky to re-sign him anyway. There are a couple of other players we'd like to re-sign but we'll see how that plays out."

Everything considered I group those 3 guys together. Neufeld is a very good OG when healthy.

You'r very much over rating Neufeld if you think he's in the same class as a healthy Wojt or Eppele. 

You'r very much over rating Neufeld if you think he's in the same class as a healthy Wojt or Eppele.

And I think you're underrating Neufeld.

I sure have egg on my face for my "Heenan or Holmes or bust" posts earlier in this thread.  Had no idea Heenan was generating NFL interest, and happy for him he's a Colt.  Would have been happier with him a Bomber, but them be the breaks.

Okay, with the 2 marquee CDN OL's off the board... have at it with Ellingson, Wojt, Bryant, and Rodgers.  Please nab a couple of them.  This isn't the bottom of the barrel by far... my posts were more geared towards us not accepting "2nd place" or worse, which is as Bomber fans we've been accustomed to seeing over the years.

Earnest Jackson is a guy i think they might have interest in. Stanley Bryant out of Calgary would be another i'd imagine. Probably see some depth players like Sam Hurl and maybe if barbershop in sask rumors are true, Jordan Sisco being brought in. 

Gonna have some lowered expectations. I expect Ellingson to go to Ottawa. 

Earnest Jackson is a guy i think they might have interest in. Stanley Bryant out of Calgary would be another i'd imagine. Probably see some depth players like Sam Hurl and maybe if barbershop in sask rumors are true, Jordan Sisco being brought in. 

I hope not. Sisco has the same rep in Regina as Etienne had here, but with way more owies.

I hope not. Sisco has the same rep in Regina as Etienne had here, but with way more owies.

Some guys just need a change of scenery, he's still young enough that he might show his potential finally. If not, oh well, gave him a shot. I don't think we are in a position to be snubbing our noses at potential upgrades to our canadian depth. 

If I was Walters my first and foremost priority is to take the serious run at Bryant and Sir Vinnie and whomever we land is a win win. Get that done right off the hop as soon as he can. Let them battle it out with Tyler and Daniels and the best two are a starter and the other on the 46. 

Kick Wojt's tires, see if he healthy and if he can come here for around 200 000 then I would maybe pull the trigger on that...I believe the O-line would become a strong point with the dominant American LT with Picard centering the best of Goosin/Greaves/Neufeld/Morley/Everett and our top OL pick from draft and Wojt if we land him as he is probably the best Canadian O-lineman who is more than serviceable left in free agency. That's a far cry from January/Greaves/Morley/and the mish mash of guys in and out last year in these spots. 

I would also run take a run at Jackson and if market allows us to get him in an incentive laden deal with a base in the 120-130 range then a corps of Moore/Denmark/Jackson/Kohlert and insert new import phenom is a strong cast for Willy to chuck to, and save for the one new guy he has chemistry with all of them. Heck if nobody leaps out of TC then A Kelly is a more than adequate 4th receiver option when he doesn't have to be the go to guy.

As for Canadian depth and rotational guys I would seriously try to grab Hurl and that be it. I would trust in our scouting and use the draft to fill the Canadian foot soldier depth and then scour waiver wire once training camps end as there will more than likely be a few good Canadians dumped for various reasons. Ayear of seasoning for guys like Jones, Sherman, Briggs etc is only going to make them better for our depth and when you look at it Newman returning this year is almost like another solid Canadian free agent signing as he never played a down last year and will be very versatile, and very good in that versatility. Something I think a lot of people are over looking, as he is automatically going to be replacing a game day National from last year only making us stronger.

If it fits into our SMS as well toss a nice offer to Reed out of Hamilton, He has the makings of a good one, and if he doesn't beat out a new comer can always be released, or 46 manned, or ratio allowing depth or a DI.

If we can manage that, along with the already signed Picard, and a good draft from a full year of the new regime in place I would be more than happy

If I was Walters my first and foremost priority is to take the serious run at Bryant and Sir Vinnie and whomever we land is a win win. Get that done right off the hop as soon as he can. Let them battle it out with Tyler and Daniels and the best two are a starter and the other on the 46. 

Kick Wojt's tires, see if he healthy and if he can come here for around 200 000 then I would maybe pull the trigger on that...I believe the O-line would become a strong point with the dominant American LT with Picard centering the best of Goosin/Greaves/Neufeld/Morley/Everett and our top OL pick from draft and Wojt if we land him as he is probably the best Canadian O-lineman who is more than serviceable left in free agency. That's a far cry from January/Greaves/Morley/and the mish mash of guys in and out last year in these spots. 

I would also run take a run at Jackson and if market allows us to get him in an incentive laden deal with a base in the 120-130 range then a corps of Moore/Denmark/Jackson/Kohlert and insert new import phenom is a strong cast for Willy to chuck to, and save for the one new guy he has chemistry with all of them. Heck if nobody leaps out of TC then A Kelly is a more than adequate 4th receiver option when he doesn't have to be the go to guy.

As for Canadian depth and rotational guys I would seriously try to grab Hurl and that be it. I would trust in our scouting and use the draft to fill the Canadian foot soldier depth and then scour waiver wire once training camps end as there will more than likely be a few good Canadians dumped for various reasons. Ayear of seasoning for guys like Jones, Sherman, Briggs etc is only going to make them better for our depth and when you look at it Newman returning this year is almost like another solid Canadian free agent signing as he never played a down last year and will be very versatile, and very good in that versatility. Something I think a lot of people are over looking, as he is automatically going to be replacing a game day National from last year only making us stronger.

If it fits into our SMS as well toss a nice offer to Reed out of Hamilton, He has the makings of a good one, and if he doesn't beat out a new comer can always be released, or 46 manned, or ratio allowing depth or a DI.

If we can manage that, along with the already signed Picard, and a good draft from a full year of the new regime in place I would be more than happy

Unless something major happens over the next few months we'll be starting 2 NI's at receiver - I just don't think we'll end up with the horses to start 3 on D.

Between Thomas, Newman, Bucknor and the others on the roster, running them thru as 2 starters in a situational rotation and having JFG as the 7th starter just seems like the better all-around 24 package we could put on the field.

Not that a similar rotation with 3 starters on D can't be done in nearly the same way, I just don't think we have all the pieces to that puzzle yet.

Just one hobo's opinion, of course.