It's being handled internally

BigBlue

Other than a core of supporters here that I've read the fanbase in general is getting impatient.

Other than a core of complainers here that I've read the fanbase in general is staying patient.

Other than a core of blue & gold koolaid drinkers here who'd jump off a cliff if Walters told them to, the general fanbase wants to know what's going on.

If you think your impatience is representative of the prevailing opinion among our fanbase right now, you're way off.

I tested a theory I had this morning. There are 3 other season ticket holders in my office. I went up to each of them individually and asked what they think about the Bombers taking so long to make a decision on the coordinators.

Answer 1 - "the Grey Cup was only last week"

Answer 2 - "wasn't Grey Cup a couple weeks ago there's lots of time"

Answer 3 - "doesn't that usually happen in February"

Its entertaining to think anyone of us believes we speak for joe average fan.. None of us do because we are so deep into the team.. Most fans are oblivious to whats going on and whos even coaching beyond O'shea and walters...

Most people ive talked to didnt even know leggett was a key.resigning and here, we rejoiced and were hanging on with baited breath waiting for confirmation.. Many never once mentioned coordinators and felt like we made large strides towards respectability..

Also, if you try and use the freep or sun comment sections as a gauge on the pulse of the fanbase, your.settinf yourself up for failure as there are more trolls, ill informed wingnuts and crazies then on all the forums put together... Average fans dont use the internet to get bomber news beyond reading the online articles..

a smiley's worth a thousand words

Sigh.  I know.  This is head against the wall stuff.

And yet...

2. There's more than one candidate that's better than Etch.  

Please list all the candidates.

Benevides and Washington if the new BC HC doesn't want him are two that immediately come to mind.

And yet...

Benevides and Washington if the new BC HC doesn't want him are two that immediately come to mind.

So out of curiosity ... let's say hypothetically Washington is our first choice. Then would you be alright with the current silence?

And yet...

Uh-huh.

That thing we don't know and probably won't know for a month.  Give or take.

So you've listed a guy that we've already contacted and a guy that it is "illegal" for us to contact at this time.

Alright.  So the list is actually one person.

Or is Walters (since for some reason no one is even pretending this is OShea's coaching staff anymore) supposed to act TODAY on that thing he won't know for a month?  Give or take.

Am I with you so far?  I think we can work our way thru this.

And yet...

So out of curiosity ... let's say hypothetically Washington is our first choice. Then would you be alright with the current silence?

Washington is my first choice and I know we have to wait until things fall out in BC to see if he's Wally's choice for HC.  I'd still get rid of Etch because he's not good enough.

And yet...

Washington is my first choice and I know we have to wait until things fall out in BC to see if he's Wally's choice for HC.  I'd still get rid of Etch because he's not good enough.

You just finished criticizing Sask for firing Hall without having a replacement in another thread...now you want us to do the same? 

And yet...

You just finished criticizing Sask for firing Hall without having a replacement in another thread...now you want us to do the same? 

You don't get sarcasm do you?

It's not about a wailing press conference or feeling entitled or even a sense of satisfaction.  It's about the Bombers including the fans in the plan going forward to fix the obvious problems that kept us out of the playoffs this year.  I'm not talking about every little detail.  I'm talking about the big picture stuff, like which coordinators we'll retain.

Good organizations don't wait for the dominoes to fall.  They make the dominoes fall. They make decisions quickly and effectively and get out in front of the other teams.  Waiting to see how things shake out is the way to end up with the guys no one else wanted.  The Bombers had a 3 week head start on every team not called the Redblacks.  If they don't have a plan in place by now, they are incompetent.    

IF O'Shea/Walters/Miller have realized that coaching changes need to be made and have defined where they want to upgrade, there's no advantage to waiting to tell the coordinators or the press.  As soon as they reach out to prospective candidates the CFL community, including the coaches they want to replace, will know anyway.  As soon as management decides they need to upgrade a spot, keeping the old coach around 'just in case' is counter productive.  It's time for them to move on if they are going to.

If they've decided to keep our current coaches, which is what I suspect has happened, then call a presser and let everyone know.  If they've decided to replace one or more, then call a presser and let everyone know who's being replaced.  There's no need to keep anyone twisting in the wind.  If they haven't made a decision yet, then make one and let everyone know what's going on.

What often gets left out of this thought process - maybe they just have better things to do with their time than appease the fans with a pointless press conference.

I'd rather they be working, myself.

They had a presser at the beginning of November, and people thought it was pointless.  Now the same people want the same presser, just a month later?

W#ell,you'd think they'd have progressed from then, don't you think? Tell you what, fans can vote with their wallets & not go to games anymore. That'll end the talk of fan entitlement.

So then do that. But let me guarantee you one thing - the fan that isn't going to go to a game anymore because they don't like the assistant coach is a unicorn.

Just like the unicorns that don't go to movies featuring Tom Cruise because they don't like him.  It might be time for some to realize this is a free world and if one does not go to a game because or whatever that's his/her choice and I fail to see the right you might have to call them on it.

So then do that. But let me guarantee you one thing - the fan that isn't going to go to a game anymore because they don't like the assistant coach is a unicorn.

It might be time for some to realize this is a free world and if one does not go to a game because or whatever that's his/her choice and I fail to see the right you might have to call them on it.

Wouldn't it being a free world give him the right?