Congrats on a great season Saskatchewan ...

IC Khari

Looks like Lawless was right with his initial report that Durant was not mentally ready to play.

I don't think it's a poor attitude on the part of Durant or lack of toughness.  I would think it's the athlete's ability to trust in the recovery of the injury to the point that they can utilize that body part - in this case his throwing arm. - to it's full potential.

I am shocked that there is not even one thread about this on Riderfans. I get it that they are a bunch of homers but this is pretty jaw dropping stuff. Your star QB insists that he was not physically able to play, the team says he was but his brain said no. Nothing to talk about there.

No one discussing at all. Hard to believe really. They are just going on their blissfully ignorant way whistling a happy tune like Nero as Rome burnt around him. I guess the great Darian Durant is a taboo topic....and we already knew that Taman's desk fort is strong.

I am shocked that there is not even one thread about this on Riderfans. I get it that they are a bunch of homers but this is pretty jaw dropping stuff. Your star QB insists that he was not physically able to play, the team says he was but his brain said no. Nothing to talk about there.

No one discussing at all. Hard to believe really. They are just going on their blissfully ignorant way whistling a happy tune like Nero as Rome burnt around him. I guess the great Darian Durant is a taboo topic....and we already knew that Taman's desk fort is strong.

Actually they have a 13 page thread on this exact subject on the Riders forum.

Really highlights the difference between Durant and Reilly.  Or Durant and Dunigan who froze his arm to play in the Grey Cup.  If psychologically, you're not able to play to a high level or if the injury is hurting the team, so be it, that will be apparent early.  But to not even try?  To not even allow yourself to be dressed as a third option?  If the doctor said he was good to go, then thats gutless in my opinion.  If he was our QB I'd want him gone.

But the consensus being that its no big deal is the shocking part. They were sold a bill of goods this year in more ways than one.

Chamblin misspoke and Lawless is a fat, useless, **** disturber. That seems to be how it's explained away.

Dismissing a reporter saying it is one thing, but your own coach saying it is pretty damning.

He was laughing today at his press conferences saying that they knew it would be 3-4 months recovery time and they had "all you guys fooled."

By "all you guys" he was referring to Sask media and fans who collectively have the IQ of a house plant.

You apologize. That's an insult to all house plants

You may be right. I asked the Diefenbachia and it snorted but it has ties to Saskatchewan.