Als @ Redblacks / Riderst @ Stampeders

USABomberfan

Well, I think a bit of the Redblacks better effort tonight can be pinned mostly on the events that took place this last week.  Really has to suck that it took that much to get them to show up and play.

Thanks for the recognition of the difficulties we're having up here. Some pretty pissed off people right now. Must say, The recognition of our difficulties, at recent sporting events In the USA, examples Pittsburgh and San Jose, are a tremendous display of friendship and support. It is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jacquie, on 24 Oct 2014 - 9:49 PM, said:

Mr Dee, on 24 Oct 2014 - 9:32 PM, said:

USABomberfan, on 24 Oct 2014 - 7:33 PM, said:

That there was a pick that should've been reviewed

Just watching the game now and I"m bewildered as to why there was no review?? or challenge in response to no review?

It was reviewed. All turnovers are automatically reviewed.

About that no-challenge or non-reviewed would've been interception on that ball that bounced off the Als' player's shoe and got picked.  Problem was the refs didn't rule that as an interception, hence why it was probably not automatically reviewed.  Should've been Ottawa ball though.

Just watching the game now and I"m bewildered as to why there was no review?? or challenge in response to no review?

Realizing that all plays are automatically reviewed, it's still a wonder that that was ruled a catch when he landed out of bounds.

About that no-challenge or non-reviewed would've been interception on that ball that bounced off the Als' player's shoe and got picked.  Problem was the refs didn't rule that as an interception, hence why it was probably not automatically reviewed.  Should've been Ottawa ball though.

If I'm thinking of the correct play, it was the official, not the replay, that had the best view of whether the player actually maintained control of the ball or whether it hit the turf since the player's back was to the camera.

Realizing that all plays are automatically reviewed, it's still a wonder that that was ruled a catch when he landed out of bounds.

You two were referring to different plays. Not fair. ;)

If I'm thinking of the same play, I believe one of the replays showed he had one foot in bounds.

You two were referring to different plays. Not fair. ;)

If I'm thinking of the same play, I believe one of the replays showed he had one foot in bounds.

Upon further review….that's my fault, I started watching the game late and joined in on an early play.

If I'm thinking of the same play, he may have had one foot in bounds…but he hadn't caught the ball yet. When he did, he landed out of bounds.

the replay they showed as it went to commercial showed  the ball was up off the shoe but it wasn't caught after that, it bounced off the turf.

Folded like a house of cards tonight. Very disappointing.

One positive, last two weeks we showed we can go toe to toe with the top teams in the west even without our QB. Be interesting to see what happens with Durant back. IMO the loss tonight was 100% on coaching. Cortez is the most stubborn OC ever, so frustrating.

Folded like a house of cards tonight. Very disappointing.

One positive, last two weeks we showed we can go toe to toe with the top teams in the west. Be interesting to see what happens with Durant back. IMO the loss tonight was 100% on coaching. Cortez is the most stubborn OC ever, so frustrating.

Welcome back. We all missed you during your lengthy time away.

Riders content to lose with a 41 year old rather than get their young qbs playing time.

Is that the Taman effect?
Do you mean the Grey Cup championship win at home effect? Most teams will never enjoy that feat in their lifetimes. IMO he deserves a mulligan considering we are without our marquee QB.

It's all about the playoffs.

Dateline: Regina, Saskatchewan, October 25,2014, with apologies to The Regina Star Phoenix

After another miserable performance by a rookie QB, Kerry Joseph, Brendan Taman is pleased to announce the signing of robert "Bob" Ptavek Jr. Bob was instrumental during the 1960 season of leading the Riderettes into the Western Conference playoffs. In a recent conversation Bob Jr. stated, "we fought hard. The two game total point series ended Calgary 43 Us 7.." He went on "thank goodness, I understand Mr. tallman has addressed the problem from back then of fans distracting us by looking through the fence in the NE corner. This is why I signed."

Riders content to lose with a 41 year old rather than get their young qbs playing time.

Do you mean the Grey Cup championship win at home effect? Most teams will never enjoy that feat in their lifetimes. IMO he deserves a mulligan considering we are without our marquee QB.

You act like winning the grey cup at home is unusual when it has now happened 3 straight years.

Dateline: Regina, Saskatchewan, October 25,2014, with apologies to The Regina Star Phoenix

After another miserable performance by a rookie QB, Kerry Joseph, Brendan Taman is pleased to announce the signing of robert "Bob" Ptavek Jr. Bob was instrumental during the 1960 season of leading the Riderettes into the Western Conference playoffs. In a recent conversation Bob Jr. stated, "we fought hard. The two game total point series ended Calgary 43 Us 7.." He went on "thank goodness, I understand Mr. tallman has addressed the problem from back then of fans distracting us by looking through the fence in the NE corner. This is why I signed."

LOL! It's Bob Ptacek but that's beside the point.

You act like winning the grey cup at home is unusual when it has now happened 3 straight years.
When did it happen before that? Going by the last 30 years, the last 3 years have been a bit of an anomoly. BC in '94 I think

What level of ******* do you have to be, to complain about a cancer fundraiser??

Well I dunno which specific charity the CFL is associated with but one of those breast cancer foundations is actually worse than cancer. Something stupid like only 10% of their funds raised go to fighting cancer, the rest goes into the hands of the people running the charity. That's a real bullshit way to run a charitable organization. 

http://www.cfl.ca/Pink

Als are really coming up big late in the year. Looks like we're going to have the second overall pick this year... Could be a huge rebuilding year for us if we manage to get Bilukidi and Mulumba here as well. 

If I were Walters I'd be after Ottawa's second rounder.