Props to the O-line

B-F-F-C

I really like this O-line...gives us solid Canadian depth too:

LT - Daniels (Import)

LG - Greaves (Canadian)

C - Morley (Canadian)

RG - Goossen (Canadian)

RT - Tyler (Import)

Backups - Neufeld & Hinse (both can play all 3 line spots)

PR - Howard, Jones, Knapp

Gone - January

I sit behind the Bombers bench and I really liked Daniels leadership qualities...very vocal and positive with his teammates. 

Willy was better at the beginning, when he didn't have the fear of the opposing D going for his throat every time he hiked the ball.  As time went on he lost some of his quickness, I think, because of not wanting to get hit so much.  When you lose confidence in your offensive line, it causes breakdowns in the QB play.

But I agree with you, Brohm, Marve as well as Cotton, made the Oline look a lot better then it did.  Calgary's D was on our QB's just as fast as they usually were.

Marve made the Oline and Cotton look better.

Brohm made the Oline look better becuase of how quickly he made decisions.

The Oline is still is a major issue, although as of late I've been thinking.............. IMO Edmonton's Oline was worse than Winnipeg's last season and they look a lot better this year with pretty much the same talent, is that a credit to McAdoo and Himebauch ? If so are Winnipeg issues solely based on talent or coaching yet again or a combination of both ?

Consider that with Reilly EE already have the QB mobility that we witnessed for the first time tonight.  This makes the O-lines job easier and the attacking D's job harder.

Reilly isn't running for his life or getting hit like he was last season, so what the difference between this and last season in Edmonton ?

Well they started off the year with lots of quick release throws to Bowman, now they've figured out they have a real good running back in John White and are now using him quite a bit, both of those help slow up the rush on the QB. Not to mention it's not really a concern with Reilly because of how* good he runs and how much adamantium has been bonded to his skeleton.

Not to mention it's not really a concern with Reilly because of his good he runs and how much adamantium has been bonded to his skeleton.

That explains why Reilly always looked so familiar.

hugh-jackman-wants-to-see-wolverine-spidcrop_18501893517.jpg

Definitely the O-Line gets more credit here and they need more work..together.

Also, there is no doubt the evasiveness/quick releases of the backups showed up in the lack of sacks.

Willy has to pick up that aspect of the game.

Is it just a coincidence that Sask., with Sunseri and Doege in the lineup make i.e. look like their offensive line is just average?

Also, there is no doubt the evasiveness/quick releases of the backups showed up in the lack of sacks.

Is it just a coincidence that Sask., with Sunseri and Doege in the lineup make i.e. look like their offensive line is just average?

Sask didn't look that great even with Durant in there, just looked worse with the fawn Sunseri and Doege who just seems to throw for the sake of throwing.

SMH I guess they are going to have to give up 0 sacks run for 250 yards and have 350 yard passer before they get any credit around here. It was there best game of the season.

Cotton scored a touchdown by running thru a hole in the middle of the Oline.

Once again, Cotton scored a touchdown by running thru a hole in the middle of the Oline.

Not by bouncing it to the outside or by slipping into the next layer and catching a screen.  Running thru a hole in the middle of the Oline.

No one's claiming we just witnessed the second coming of Walby and crew, but if people need to work that hard to come up with reasons why the Oline wasn't better Saturday night, even just slightly, they made up their minds before the game was ever played.

I hope we may have found a couple tackles but have a feeling the success was due more to Brohm and Marve than anything. I have been saying all year the Willy holds the ball too long and does not move well enough in the pocket to play that way.

Willy moves around in the pocket fine, trouble is that when he tries to step up into the pocket there's no pocket there. He has been hit so much he started hanging onto the ball rather than throwing it, that happens when a qb takes a beating and the pocket breaks down to that extent. Brohm isn't shell shocked yet so he was still willing to take a hit to make the throw, but it got him on the IR too so what do you do? Marve being a more mobile qb does change things and provide a different element, but you can also game plan to limit the running and then force a guy to beat you with his arm so we will have to see what he does once teams get a read on him.

Marve made the Oline and Cotton look better.

Brohm made the Oline look better becuase of how quickly he made decisions.

The Oline is still is a major issue, although as of late I've been thinking.............. IMO Edmonton's Oline was worse than Winnipeg's last season and they look a lot better this year with pretty much the same talent, is that a credit to McAdoo and Himebauch ? If so are Winnipeg issues solely based on talent or coaching yet again or a combination of both ?

Consider that with Reilly EE already have the QB mobility that we witnessed for the first time tonight.  This makes the O-lines job easier and the attacking D's job harder.

Reilly isn't running for his life or getting hit like he was last season, so what the difference between this and last season in Edmonton ?

Consequences?

I really like this O-line...gives us solid Canadian depth too:

LT - Daniels (Import)

LG - Greaves (Canadian)

C - Morley (Canadian)

RG - Goossen (Canadian)

RT - Tyler (Import)

Backups - Neufeld & Hinse (both can play all 3 line spots)

PR - Howard, Jones, Knapp

Gone - January

I sit behind the Bombers bench and I really liked Daniels leadership qualities...very vocal and positive with his teammates. 

2015 TC - this plus a new draft pick or two and maybe a NI FA if we're lucky... and Howard, Jones, and Knapp can be added to the gone list... Swiston can come back too... I guess he's stuck around this long for a reason...