Are We Making Progress?

BigBlue

At the risk of actually fitting a square peg into a round hole...I'll just leave it at that.

Only because I think this is a good topic to discuss, I will make it easy for you. imo the only significant injury that has cost us has been at long snapper.

Zach Anderson, Nic Moore, and Jason Vega.

and....how exactly do we know that? Have their replacements made mistakes that lead directly to losses.

Well in the case of Nic Moore we can see that his replacement is falling way short of the numbers that Moore was putting up and I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Moore brings more than Bryant when he doesn't have the ball in his hands too.  So that one is easy, and quite arguably the biggest injury we have. Denmark as a #2 guy is fine, as a #1 he's not really good enough to handle the load. The rest are hit and miss whether they'll be effective game to game. 

Anderson and Vega are quite obviously huge losses based purely on the lack of depth this team has on defensive line. 

Looking only at mistakes is the wrong way to look at things. How many plays have the replacements made? Cause we know those other guys are play makers and making plays wins football games, especially close football games. 

INJURIES IS NOT A VALID EXCUSE.

As far as our team is concerned, we've been stagnant through the year, however our record would still be better if the refs weren't so incompetent. Our qb has been solid but a couple brain darts on his part have also resulted in a couple extra losses. Finally, Romby Bryant is the single biggest contributing factor to the most of our offensive woes. He never should of been brought in.

INJURIES IS NOT A VALID EXCUSE.

As far as our team is concerned, we've been stagnant through the year, however our record would still be better if the refs weren't so incompetent. Our qb has been solid but a couple brain darts on his part have also resulted in a couple extra losses. Finally, Romby Bryant is the single biggest contributing factor to the most of our offensive woes. He never should of been brought in.

Not an excuse but a valid and significant reason since we dont have the depth especially on non-imports. .

At the risk of actually fitting a square peg into a round hole...I'll just leave it at that.

Only because I think this is a good topic to discuss, I will make it easy for you. imo the only significant injury that has cost us has been at long snapper.

and....how exactly do we know that? Have their replacements made mistakes that lead directly to losses.

Nic Moore is an excellent route runner and pass catcher. We haven't got anyone better.  He was also throwing some great blocks early in the season.  

Anderson was a force in the middle that we're obviously missing now.  How often do we drop an RB for a loss of yards?  They usually gain at least 3, more often than is it's 6 or 7.  Last game, Collaros was working with second and short more often than not.

A healthy Vega is always a force.  

Are you suggesting no top receiver in the lineup hasn't directly contributed to our losses? Key word being contributed.

Are you suggesting no top receiver in the lineup hasn't directly contributed to our losses? Key word being contributed.

I said this, The injury excuse just avoids the question, it doesn't answer it, it's either yes or no, then you can go into the reasons why.

I said this, The injury excuse just avoids the question, it doesn't answer it, it's either yes or no, then you can go into the reasons why.

I don't buy the injury excuse either but because it's past noon now, I'm not really understanding exactly what you're saying with this line. Are you just challenging people to be more specific? 

Not having a healthy Nic Moore in the lineup has directly contributed to us losing games. Why? Because his replacement hasn't matched his level of productivity (see stat sheets). That's not an excuse, that's just a fact. However, that's on us though of not having the necessary depth to maintain his level of productivity necessary to help us win. As I've said before, lately Calgary is a good example of showing some success in this area.  

I don't buy the injury excuse either but because it's past noon now, I'm not really understanding exactly what you're saying with this line. Are you just challenging people to be more specific? 

Not having a healthy Nic Moore in the lineup has directly contributed to us losing games. Why? Because his replacement hasn't matched his level of productivity (see stat sheets). That's not an excuse, that's just a fact. However, that's on us though of not having the necessary depth to maintain his level of productivity necessary to help us win. As I've said before, lately Calgary is a good example of showing some success in this area.  

All you're doing is projecting though.

Last game we almost doubled Hamilton in offensive output but still lost. We lost because of a blocked punt leading to a TD and bad penalty at the end of the game, not because Nic Moore wasn't in the lineup.

Last game we almost doubled Hamilton in offensive output but still lost. We lost because of a blocked punt leading to a TD and bad penalty at the end of the game, not because Nic Moore wasn't in the lineup.

Hmmm okay, yes I'm projecting however I am using his previous game productivity to suggest without that in the lineup helps decrease our chances for success. Not to make anyone's head spin, one could suggest you also are projecting about reasons for our loss. We have no idea what would have happened if our punt wasn't blocked. There are so many different scenarios, some good, some bad. As for the penalty, completely out of our control.

Hmmm okay, yes I'm projecting however I am using his previous game productivity to suggest without that in the lineup helps decrease our chances for success. Not to make anyone's head spin, one could suggest you also are projecting about reasons for our loss. We have no idea what would have happened if our punt wasn't blocked. There are so many different scenarios, some good, some bad. As for the penalty, completely out of our control.

What actually happened though:

punt was blocked and TD scored two plays later;

clock management was ****, delay of game penalty, cost down and time.

If Brohm had started instead of Willy and we lost, most would have said Brohm was the reason. That is just wrong though, it's just an excuse, same as any other injury. Only what actually happened on the field is what matters just as in the question posed, are we progressing, and the answer is still no, without reasons or excuses.

Forgive me my slight detour but the wording of some on here inspired me to present Gene Wilder as Philippe and Donald Sutherland as Pierre in -Start the Revolution Without Me (1970)

Duke d'Escargot:  What brings you to Paris?

Philippe: Oh, you might say a little business…          Pierre:...and a little pleasure.

Duke d'Escargot:  Which do you prefer? Business, or pleasure?

Pierre: Well that depends on what you regard as business.       Philippe: And, what you may regard as pleasure!

Duke d'Escargot: In Paris we say, business is pleasure.

Pierre: And to us, pleasure is our business.

Duke d'Escargot: Then your business should be a pleasure, making my pleasure a business.

Philippe: Unless, some mistake business for pleasure. While others know no business but pleasure.

Duke d'Escargot: In that case sir I will show you my business.

Philippe: My pleasure.

Reasons and excuses, there is a world of difference and it's time some of you learned that.

Depth is just another component of progression, it is neither a reason nor an excuse.

Depth is something that is primarily built in offseasons though, can you honestly expect depth to get better during a season? It's not bloodly likely since injuries deplete depth like clockwork during a season. 

Reasons and excuses, there is a world of difference and it's time some of you learned that.

Depth is just another component of progression, it is neither a reason nor an excuse.

Depth is something that is primarily built in offseasons though, can you honestly expect depth to get better during a season? It's not bloodly likely since injuries deplete depth like clockwork during a season.

You add and subtract to your team in the offseason, you find out about your depth during the season, like we are now. I don't believe any team actually gets to a stage when injuries don't affect them but if we did, we will have progressed.

Depth is built whenever you add another quality player .... they don't have to be save up for training camp .... and if no one is threatening your job you have to work harder to overcome complacency ... to dig that little bit deeper