Devin Tyler

Floyd

Cordarro Howard out, Devin Tyler in?  Devin Tyler...?

What happened to Dan Knapp?  One month and Tyler is already better than Knapp at RG and Jones at RT?

Dont you realize that Devin Tyler has been in the league for a while? He's not fresh from down south.

Aside from that he has some familiarity with Willy so maybe there's a level of comfort there.

In fact,  I wouldn't be surprised if Willy has some say why Tyler was brought here.

Cordarro Howard out, Devin Tyler in?  Devin Tyler...?

What happened to Dan Knapp?  One month and Tyler is already better than Knapp at RG and Jones at RT?

I'm pretty sure Dan Knapp has been healthy for quite a while, so if they wanted him back in they could have done it a month ago.

Remember, the day after you sack Knapp, (sounds weird) and Howard, is the day that injuries to the O-Line are going to start to happen, big time.

It's some kind of Cordaro law or something.

That's the reason their feeding Pencer, Goosen and Hinse to be able to come in as backups when injury calls.

You still think Pencer is here? What team do you follow?

Remember, the day after you sack Knapp, (sounds weird) and Howard, is the day that injuries to the O-Line are going to start to happen, big time.

That's the reason their feeding Pencer, Goosen and Hinse to be able to come in as backups when injury calls.

He probably meant Swiston.

Sorry, meant Swiston.  They're frickin' interchangeable in my mind as neither has contributed squat.

Sorry, meant Swiston.  They're frickin' interchangeable in my mind as neither has contributed squat.

There's a lot of that going around in the current crop of  O-linemen.

Eskimos OL was absolute garbage in 2011 - Ray got pounded.

'When in game shape' is quite the caveat...  translation - half the time Tyler sucks and sometimes he's serviceable.

Knapp at RG worked really well early this season, Jones at tackle worked well last year... just seems we do everything we can not to field a line with that combination in it

Please don't get Willy killed OShea...

Devin Tyler is solid.

Please explain - honestly, I don't remember noticing him in the Sask games last year... granted I didn't watch all of them.  How much did he play?

He played in a few games but was a victim of Rider depth. He never looked out of place but he was behind a lot of National depth and the Riders signed Adcock who was younger and better.

Very little information on Tyler beyond his physical stats available on the net. He could be another Glen January who landed here after auditioning elsewhere and has been a solid contributor. It is a bit discouraging that our scouting can't find a blue-chip 0-lineman or two in a country of 300 million where football is a religion.

Devin Tyler, when in game shape, is a pretty serviceable OT

That's pretty much what I would say. He had a couple of stops here with us.  He is a big man that's for sure. He didn't look out of place out there but for whatever reason never locked up a job. Being an import likely was the biggest thing going against him IMO. Had he been a national likely would have had a lot more playing time. I'll be interested to see how he does for you guys. He may be able to help out while you battle through injuries and be a serviceable backup later. Also being American, he likely comes at a salary cap friendly price.

Devin Tyler, when in game shape, is a pretty serviceable OT

That's pretty much what I would say. He had a couple of stops here with us.  He is a big man that's for sure. He didn't look out of place out there but for whatever reason never locked up a job. Being non-import likely was the biggest thing going against him IMO. Had he been a national likely would have had a lot more playing time. I'll be interested to see how he does for you guys. He may be able to help out while you battle through injuries and be a serviceable backup later. Also being American, he likely comes at a salary cap friendly price.

I assume he backed up Fulton last year?... Fulton - Labatte - Picard - Best - Heenan... pretty tough to crack that lineup, especially as an Int...

PS still laughing about "that's high praise"