Argos @ Leos - GDT - Burke's D vs Glenn

USABomberfan

Good lord, you look at the CFL passing stats and you see Ray topping the passing yardage list by a couple hundred yards over Willy, no surprise there ... but then you look at the receiving stats and you see that the only receiver the Argos have in the top 30 is Chad Owens.

Ray does his thing no matter who's in the lineup. Amazing.

Good lord, you look at the CFL passing stats and you see Ray topping the passing yardage list by a couple hundred yards over Willy, no surprise there ... but then you look at the receiving stats and you see that the only receiver the Argos have in the top 30 is Chad Owens.

Ray does his thing no matter who's in the lineup. Amazing.

Could you imagine if he didn't have the revolving door at receiver? Cause let's be honest Owens game is tailor made to succeed with Ricky Ray as his qb, and so too I think I Andre Durie. 

Williams absolutely should have been ejected from last night's game, and ought to be fined and maybe even suspended for that deliberate intent to injure. It was completely dangerous.

And yes, Willy may well be the heir to Ricky Ray as the best pure quarterback in the league. If he put on 10-15 pounds of muscle, he would have the NFL all over him in a year or two.

For a 29-30 year old QB? Don't see it.

Yeah.  Willy will be a solid starter but Ricky Ray?  C'mon man!

Absolutely. Willy has the command presence, the good mechanics and the ability to read defenses and react. All he needs is good QB coaching and experience- lets have this conversation next year at this time.

I agree with you 100%. Willy is going to surprise some people with how much he improves in his second year starting. He's an absolute stud.

When a QB can put up 300+ yards in losing efforts in his first year as a starter, it makes you wonder what he'll accomplish once he gets the knack for winning.  Once the building blocks are put in place to provide him with better protection I foresee an airshow that will entertain Bomber fans for many years to come.  I'm having flash backs of Ralph Brock already.

I agree with you 100%. Willy is going to surprise some people with how much he improves in his second year starting. He's an absolute stud.

Now we just need to get him some stud receivers. Nick Moore is good but can't stay healthy, and he seems to have electrodes in his gloves that trigger on the opposition 20 yard line such that he lets go of the ball. We need a Chris Matthews type and a speedster that can get open to give Willy some options. Romby Bryant just ain't cutting it.

Need a Chris Matthews type that doesn't suck after 1 year, and I dont' care if he got injured, he still sucked when he did try to play.

You don't care that injuries had an effect, you don't care that bad coaches had an impact.. so you're just hating for the sake of hating?

Doesn't Clarence Denmark look like a totally different player this year compared to last year? 

Need a Chris Matthews type that doesn't suck after 1 year, and I dont' care if he got injured, he still sucked when he did try to play.

You don't care that injuries had an effect, you don't care that bad coaches had an impact.. so you're just hating for the sake of hating?

Doesn't Clarence Denmark look like a totally different player this year compared to last year?

Denmark looked great second half of last year.

Wasn't just injuries that had an effect on Chris last year, he didn't seem to have the same attitude or will to play for us anymore, cost him both in his training, recovery and overall production. Need more guys like Dressler in this league that just want to play football and give it their all every single down.

Wasn't just injuries that had an effect on Chris last year, he didn't seem to have the same attitude or will to play for us anymore, cost him both in his training, recovery and overall production. Need more guys like Dressler in this league that just want to play football and give it their all every single down.

Where do people get the idea Matthews had a bad attitude last year? I sit behind the Bombers bench and while he was injured he was the biggest cheerleader on the sidelines. Seemed like a great teammate.

Denmark looked great second half of last year.

You know when he improved? After they fired Crowton. Coincidence? Did Matthews even play after they changed coaches? 

Where do people get the idea Matthews had a bad attitude last year? I sit behind the Bombers bench and while he was injured he was the biggest cheerleader on the sidelines. Seemed like a great teammate.

One thing we forget as fans is we have absolutely no idea what is going on (or off) the field.Yes, Mathews had a crappy year last year and didn't look good in the games he played in, but we have no idea what was causing his bad play. Could have been coaching, could have been an injury, could have been his emotional state. From what gbill is saying though it doesn't sound to me like he was giving up on the team. And who knows, he may be back (or not). 

Bingo

The MO of fans around here, they think they know what a player's attitude is and that's hogwash.  Pretty much all except for Mr Kuale, nobody knows and to suggest such is hyper speculation.

The BS about that certain nameless QB who should be starting for Ottawa right now was the same thing, they all said he had a bad demeanor without having any living proof or fact on the matter, it was just hyperbole going around here with no concrete evidence.

I sure am glad people who say this kind of thing don't get selected for jury duty.

One thing we forget as fans is we have absolutely no idea what is going on (or off) the field.Yes, Mathews had a crappy year last year and didn't look good in the games he played in, but we have no idea what was causing his bad play. Could have been coaching, could have been an injury, could have been his emotional state. From what gbill is saying though it doesn't sound to me like he was giving up on the team. And who knows, he may be back (or not).

He was injured most of last season. That's it. When he was injured he supported the team.

Now we just need to get him some stud receivers. Nick Moore is good but can't stay healthy, and he seems to have electrodes in his gloves that trigger on the opposition 20 yard line such that he lets go of the ball. We need a Chris Matthews type and a speedster that can get open to give Willy some options. Romby Bryant just ain't cutting it.

Absolutely. Matthews - Moore - Denmark - Watson/JFG - Kohlert would be one of the best receiving cores in the league. There's no doubt we need better import talent then Kelly and especially Romby.

Kelly has been better than Moore and Watson and better than Matthews would be this year or was last year. Sure Moore has slightly more yards in less games, but he also plays slot and should have more yards. Not to mention, has some boneheaded drops, couple fumbles and no TDs. For a guy who is supposed to be our big time #1 receiver, he's done a pretty bad job of it so far. Kelly on the other hand has played wide out better than most of the wide outs in the league this year.

One thing that would desperately help is a bonafide every down NI receiver than can play more than 8-9 games a year, really screws up the chemistry when you have a guy that is meant to get lots of touches but doesn't due to constantly being out of the lineup.