Hamilton then Ottawa then Edmonton

BigBlue

I remember getting laughed at earlier in the season when I suggested that we needed a minimum of ten wins to make the playoffs.

rightly so. You don't need 10 wins to make the playoffs, you need to win the right games. Being 1-5 against the west division thus far certainly doesn't get you into a playoff position. 

I remember getting laughed at earlier in the season when I suggested that we needed a minimum of ten wins to make the playoffs.

rightly so. You don't need 10 wins to make the playoffs, you need to win the right games. Being 1-5 against the west division thus far certainly doesn't get you into a playoff position. 

That doesn't make any sense considering that we're on track to miss the playoffs at 9-9. 

That doesn't make any sense considering that we're on track to miss the playoffs at 9-9. 

but if you actually beat the people you are competing with then they have less wins right? And you therefore need less to get in. They had a chance to keep both the Lions and Riders down at 6 wins, they didn't do that. 

Less wins against the East and more against the West and maybe 9-9 would get you in.

I don't get this lose those three games and we are out. Looking at the standings we are 6 points ahead of any team in the east. So what am I missing? Is montreal going to win any more games this year?

Only one team can crossover. We need to be at best 4th place to get the crossover. 5th place can't also move to the east (hence the calls from many to switch to a no-division league -- best 6 teams make the playoffs).

Yeah, that's what people are missing (and I'd been doing the same thing...) there's now 5 teams in the West, and only the 4th can cross over....

Yep, the 5th place team in the West will have more wins/points then the first place team in the East and will get FUDGED!

s0IQk23.jpg

Less wins against the East and more against the West and maybe 9-9 would get you in.

9-9 is still 9-9 no matter what way you slice it. No Western team was finishing with under ten wins(aside from maybe us)and that is especially true at this point in the season. Not only that, but its completely unrealistic to think we'd be winning less games against the East and more games against the West. Going something along the lines of 6-2 against the East and 4-6 against the West would be a reasonable figure to make it in. 1-5 against your division rivals just doesn't cut it though. 

If the stars align, we will finish the season 9 and 9, if we run into the same old, we will be 6 and 12, and that is still way better than last year, even though we will miss the playoffs again along with Montreal and Ottawa. Pretty poor company to be in, but there we are. Some of the problems that have plagued the team for years have been addressed, but Walters, McManus and the scouts is going to have to be very busy in the off-season. It would be encouraging to have at least one stud import O-lineman, linebacker or receiver arrive before the end of the season to give us hope that things are on the upswing.

9-9 is still 9-9 no matter what way you slice it. No Western team was finishing with under ten wins(aside from maybe us)and that is especially true at this point in the season. Not only that, but its completely unrealistic to think we'd be winning less games against the East and more games against the West. Going something along the lines of 6-2 against the East and 4-6 against the West would be a reasonable figure to make it in. 1-5 against your division rivals just doesn't cut it though. 

So you knew at the beginning that the West was going to be as dominant as it has been?  What else do you know?  

Of course it's unrealistic to think that we'd win less games against the East than the West, but I am not trying to be realistic, I am trying to prove that winning a different set of games against your division could get you in at 9-9 if all else was the same.

If our record was reversed (1-5 against the East and 5-1 against the West) it's still a 6-6 record overall.  But the wins for us mean losses for the other Western teams meaning the standings would look much different.

With the west being better than the east by such a factor this year it really does hammer home the fact that it's not how many games you win, it's which games you win. If the Riders hadn't swept the Bombers they would be in all sorts of **** this season with Durant on the IR right now, but they won those 3 games and as a result are in a good position where they don't need a whole lot more wins to actually make the playoffs. 

bombers need BC to lose a couple games, dont matter which ones, starting tonight would be good.. But really, if they can beat BC in winnipeg in a few weeks, about a month really, then they control their own destiny, Bombers aren't out of things right now, not by a long shot, Think people are also forgetting that every other team in the west have played the eastern teams too.

Calgary 7-0 vs the east

Sask 4-1 vs the east

Edmonton 6-1 vs the east

BC 4-1 vs the east

Wpg 5-1 vs the east

Means that the majority of teams wins have come against the other division. Who knows what will happen when the western teams play the western teams more and I wouldn't write off teams like Toronto or Hamilton vs the western teams either, They aren't as bad as their records indicate they are. Injuries to the argos and ticats have really hurt them this season.

Toronto took Calgary to the brink last week, Hamilton lost to them by like 3 points, Lost to edmonton in a game where their starting qb got hurt by less than a fg. Those teams can and probably will beat some of the western teams, and not just the bombers. Those teams can give fits to the other teams just as easily. 

Calgary 7-0 vs the east

Sask 4-1 vs the east

Edmonton 6-1 vs the east

BC 4-1 vs the east

Wpg 5-1 vs the east

Those are some interesting numbers right there... how can Edmonton be 6-1 vs. the east when the only team that has beaten them is Calgary? All three times they've played? Makes me wonder what other errors are in there. 

Calgary 7-0 vs the east

Sask 4-1 vs the east

Edmonton 6-1 vs the east

BC 4-1 vs the east

Wpg 5-1 vs the east

Those are some interesting numbers right there... how can Edmonton be 6-1 vs. the east when the only team that has beaten them is Calgary? All three times they've played? Makes me wonder what other errors are in there. 

Yeah got that one wrong, bad math there... Not sure what i was looking at on the CFL site there to be honest, Just noticed that too...

Calgary 7-0

Sask 4-2

Edmonton 6-0

BC 4-1

Wpg 5-1 

bombers need BC to lose a couple games, dont matter which ones, starting tonight would be good.. But really, if they can beat BC in winnipeg in a few weeks, about a month really, then they control their own destiny, Bombers aren't out of things right now, not by a long shot, Think people are also forgetting that every other team in the west have played the eastern teams too.

Calgary 7-0 vs the east

Sask 4-1 vs the east

Edmonton 6-1 vs the east

BC 4-1 vs the east

Wpg 5-1 vs the east

Means that the majority of teams wins have come against the other division. Who knows what will happen when the western teams play the western teams more and I wouldn't write off teams like Toronto or Hamilton vs the western teams either, They aren't as bad as their records indicate they are. Injuries to the argos and ticats have really hurt them this season.

Toronto took Calgary to the brink last week, Hamilton lost to them by like 3 points, Lost to edmonton in a game where their starting qb got hurt by less than a fg. Those teams can and probably will beat some of the western teams, and not just the bombers. Those teams can give fits to the other teams just as easily. 

Saskatchewan has lost twice to the East, not once. They lost to Toronto and Hamilton.

Calgary 7-0 vs the east

Sask 4-1 vs the east

Edmonton 6-1 vs the east

BC 4-1 vs the east

Wpg 5-1 vs the east

Yeah got that one wrong, bad math there... Not sure what i was looking at on the CFL site there to be honest, Just noticed that too...

Calgary 7-0

Sask 4-2

Edmonton 6-0

BC 4-1

Wpg 5-1 

It's still interesting, especially in the case of Edmonton. Given that they were swept by Calgary, played a close game against BC and I think their game vs. the Bombers was closer than the score indicated. If there's another team that is poised to have a fall off it might be them. I am not sure how much they can rely on the large amounts of turnovers in the back half of the year with a tougher schedule. Calgary is another interesting one given that they've played more games against the east than anyone else. Swept Edmonton but lost to BC. They appear to be the most solid right now though so I would expect them to continue to roll along but what if they don't? What if they just match up well against Edmonton and split the games with the rest of the west? They've won so much already it won't really matter but it is interesting to think about. BC with the least games played vs. the east might be poised to climb the standings as well. They've split against the riders and bombers so far correct? As well as beaten the stamps once. Very interesting position they find themselves in. Going to be a hell of a finish to the season.

Bad news for our side- both Toronto and Hamilton seem to be on the upswing.

We don't play Toronto any more so that doesn't matter and the Hamilton game is a home game for the Bombers right? That's a plus there. 

Unfortunately, home field has not proven to be any advantage this year, so there goes that theory.

Bad news for our side- both Toronto and Hamilton seem to be on the upswing.

We don't play Toronto any more so that doesn't matter and the Hamilton game is a home game for the Bombers right? That's a plus there. 

Unfortunately, home field has not proven to be any advantage this year, so there goes that theory.

Home field is always an advantage even if it just throws the other team off.

I go away for a couple of weeks and come back to watch those two dismal performances. I said a few weeks ago it wouldn't surprise me of they didn't win another game all season and was taken to task for it. I think they've won one game since. They've looked unprepared and undisciplined at times. Our rookie head coach and rookie management is looking the part. Not a burial just a fact. We over performed early on emotion and surprising teams. Not happening now. A young team losing close ones is fine. Getting blown out, taking bad penalties, curious line up decisions...not good signs.

We have to beat up the weak teams to get some momentum back. Are we under performing right now or is this what this team is?

I go away for a couple of weeks and come back to watch those two dismal performances. I said a few weeks ago it wouldn't surprise me of they didn't win another game all season and was taken to task for it. I think they've won one game since. They've looked unprepared and undisciplined at times. Our rookie head coach and rookie management is looking the part. Not a burial just a fact. We over performed early on emotion and surprising teams. Not happening now. A young team losing close ones is fine. Getting blown out, taking bad penalties, curious line up decisions...not good signs.

We have to beat up the weak teams to get some momentum back. Are we under performing right now or is this what this team is?

are you humble-bragging about being wrong?