Ray Blm Collaros Or Tate?

White Out

So you have to think that at the right price (and not even a huge overpayment) one of these guys is available. Calgary can`t keep both Tate and BLM, and Toronto can`t keep both Ray and Collaros. So I guess I`m left with 3 questions for everyone:

1- Is there a general agreement amongst us Bomber fans that we need to grab one of these guys.

2- If so who do you take? Who do you think is likely available?

3- If so when?

I don't want Tate, and I doubt Toronto would consider protecting Collaros over Ray.  Therefore Toronto might want to get something for Collaros rather than losing him in the expansion draft.

As for when, it's hard to say.  One thing I would consider is that it is difficult for a QB to come in mid-season and have success, especially a young guy.  But that doesn't mean we can't bring him in.  So anytime between now and the roster freeze, I would go for Collaros.

I'm not so sure that any team is willing to give up their #2 if they are in the playoff hunt.   If they feel that they have a legit shot at the Grey Cup this year, they may just take the run at it, knowing they could lose their #2 to Ottawa.

Imagine if the Bombers were in the hunt (ok, not easily done right now), like we were back in 2007......with one exception, we had a proven back-up qb, who we traded at the deadline for a couple of draft picks.   Then we lose our starter in the East Final, and have no experienced backup.   The organization would regret that trade for years to come.

I suspect that Calgary, Saskatchewan, and Toronto will all want to keep their #2 guys past the trade deadline, as all have Grey Cup aspirations. 

Great point Jaxon.  Agree 100%.  That said, Calgary's got 3 guys that have shown ability to QB in this league.  And Ray is relatively durable. 

Given that Glenn and Collaros are FA's at year's end, I could see both being made available.  With the new regime in charge, and being judged in the short-term; there could be more impetus than ever to make a deal to bring one of these guys in.  Short-term judgement is rarely a good thing... but honestly, if we find our QB of the future, or heck, even a 2-3 year effective stop gap in Glenn for Poblah and a mid-round pick... it'd be a positive.

I like Bovine Mitchell, and Collaros, Willy etc.  The thing is, those guys come from teams with stellar offensive systems and coaches.  Put any one of 'em (obvs Ray excluded) in our current system/scheme and I doubt you'd see much better than what we've witnessed in '13.

That whole Cgy game I couldn't help but wonder what Goltz would look like behind that line, tossing to Lewis and co. with plays Dickenson drew up...

I like Bovine Mitchell, and Collaros, Willy etc.  The thing is, those guys come from teams with stellar offensive systems and coaches.  Put any one of 'em (obvs Ray excluded) in our current system/scheme and I doubt you'd see much better than what we've witnessed in '13.

That whole Cgy game I couldn't help but wonder what Goltz would look like behind that line, tossing to Lewis and co. with plays Dickenson drew up...

Put Ray in our line up and we would probably be the 2008 Eskimos

I wonder what happens if Hall looks decent Friday.  Because Crowton is clearly going to be canned but if Hall looks okay then you're kind of in a tough spot.

BLM and Ray aren't leaving their respective teams, and Collaros will be a free agent.  We should have a good opportunity to grab him in free agency assuming anyone would want to come to the sinking ship that is this organization.

I think we would have a tough time luring any of them away, unless there's big time cash involved, even in Free Agency. Our best bet is to trade for Collaros early and hope he wants to stay at the end of the season.

Put Ray in our lineup we'd be the best team in the east AINEC. 

your roster and coaches plus Ray versus our roster and coaches with Collaros/Harris/Porter at QB? we still are ahead... and Ray might be the next Bomber QB in ICU.

your roster and coaches plus Ray versus our roster and coaches with Collaros/Harris/Porter at QB? we still are ahead... and Ray might be the next Bomber QB in ICU.

There you go again pretending that the Argos roster is a lot better than it is. Ray is such a huge difference maker it's not even funny.