Mitchell Victim Of Homophobic Slur By Esks Patrick Watkins

iso_55

Don't think it matters if he is or isn't.. Homophobic slurs are unacceptable.. Same level to me as racial slurs.. Words designed to disparage an entire segment of the population cannot and should not be tolerated... Seeing as he was caught on tape there had better be some form of reprimand..

Don't think it matters if he is or isn't.. Homophobic slurs are unacceptable.. Same level to me as racial slurs.. Words designed to disparage an entire segment of the population cannot and should not be tolerated... Seeing as he was caught on tape there had better be some form of reprimand..

You know I'd be shocked if there weren't racist remarks flying around a football field pretty regularly too.

You know I'd be shocked if there weren't racist remarks flying around a football field pretty regularly too.

Nah, I don't think so. There'd be all kinds of issues if anyone did.

Name calling is going to happen on a football field.  Tweeting something to someone is one thing, but when you're on the field crap is going to fly back and forth.  These guys need to suck it up.  This isn't even news.

There have been incidents before where racist & homophobic remarks were made on the playing field or  on the ice & they were dealt with. 

If you want things to change you can't look the other way.

I remember a player getting an objectionable conduct penatly and Paul La Police very obviously yelling "you can't say the N word" at him.

Yeah, that was that pre-season game a few years back where LaPolice was miked up.

I seem to recall another game where one of our black players said something like "Nice play ****** " to a team-mate and got an objectionable conduct call for it.

If you want things to change you can't look the other way.

Yup. Silence is complicity.

that particular word is so strange to me... it's the most offensive racial slur you can possibly use... yet the people it's supposed to be disparaging against seem to freely use it themselves all the time. What gives? If you want that word to be a bad word then stop ******* using it yourselves!

Blacks can say Niggahs. Whites can't. Blacks don't say n.....r . My son played football in California & he was told (jokingly) by some of the black players on his team that they would allow him to use that word only twice during the season so he was told to save it for a big occasion. And he did. Took some balls as more than half the team was black...