crowd noise

Booch

Interesting to hear that the players (a lot of the young newer ones to the CFL) said that after hearing about the LDC and the atmosphere/crowd noise at Mosaic, and to be prepared for it actually said that IGF is much louder crowd....easily

Interesting to hear that the players (a lot of the young newer ones to the CFL) said that after hearing about the LDC and the atmosphere/crowd noise at Mosaic, and to be prepared for it actually said that IGF is much louder crowd....easily

I'd agree.  Sat in two different spots on Sunday.  Not very loud closer to field level even when the crowd was in full throat.  But when they have a stadium that is more enclosed with the sound bouncing back like IGF, it will be incredibly loud.

IGF gets crazy loud but i recall being at Canad Inns several games where i couldn't hear my friend sitting right next to me also. 

Winnipeg has just loud sports fans, don't matter the sport, Jets, Bombers, Even Goldeyes get a loud crowd out at times, loud for baseball standards at least.

IMHO Canad Inns and Mosaic were about as loud as one another.  IGF, being a modern facility, really goes a long way in amplifying an already loud crowd.  Can't wait for the new Mosaic in 2017!

What's the policy of noise made official team sponsored bands/ drumline. Was sitting right beside their drum line and would be playing 7-9 seconds into the 20 second clock? Would this not be artificial noise?

The rule book says the home team can't use electronic devices and large speakers to create noise. I don't think the other part about the crowd making noise has ever been enforced.

What's the policy of noise made official team sponsored bands/ drumline. Was sitting right beside their drum line and would be playing 7-9 seconds into the 20 second clock? Would this not be artificial noise?

The rule book says the home team can't use electronic devices and large speakers to create noise. I don't think the other part about the crowd making noise has ever been enforced.

Pretty sure piped crowd noise was used often at BC Place. Not sure if they are still doing that or not.

Pretty sure piped crowd noise was used often at BC Place. Not sure if they are still doing that or not.

That was years ago. And they aren't doing it anymore.

Lol, cool. I remember in 2007 it just about broke into a battle royal leading up to the playoffs. Wally got into with Rider colour commentator Carm Carteri and everything. Good times!

Lol, cool. I remember in 2007 it just about broke into a battle royal leading up to the playoffs. Wally got into with Rider colour commentator Carm Carteri and everything. Good times!

Let me guess Carteri was being an idiot

Let me guess Carteri was being an idiot
When isn't Carm being an idiot? Wally was a little over the top regardless.

:)