4 imports on OL this week?

gbill2004

Looks like Kuale gets back into the lineup over Kromah based on personnel packages for starting D at this practise.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

That sucks.  Why would O'Shea remove Kromah when the run D looked so good last week?

Cuz if you asked O'shea he would say that Kuale has played well this year.  Final answer.

Well O'Shea also implied that Alex Hall wouldn't be an upgrade on DL either. I am thinking that O'Shea is not immune from playing favourites. 

I would try and sign Hall and then let the best players play I think we a thin at DL this year especially since we always seem to have someone nicked up.

As for the Run Defense I would be more worried about play action pass if I was the Bombers since SASK ran so well last time I am sure they are adding some wrinkles for the LDC so I would be working on that as well as stopping the run...

I'd take a run at hall, Especially if we don't get dressler, just wait for Matthews to be cut and then grab him too, rumours are he has a verbal agreement with WPG and talks to coach howell on a regular basis, Think IF matthews is cut, it's just a matter of time, This could all change if we sign dressler, which i'm doubting now. But

Vega,Turner,Anderson,Hall. with one of peach or fraser rotating, heck could probably get them both on the roster, works. 

Press conference on the main forum suggests kuale is playing this week, last thing o'shea said was "ej kuale will play" 

I'm not sure why Wild wasn't Defensive Player of the Week...Fraser and Vega were also rotating in with the first team D as was Louie Richardson...because Sask's run game is so dominant at this point, it may be that they're toying with the idea of having our 4 DI's consist of

one LB, (Kuale/Wild)

one DB (looks like Unamba over Sears at this point)

one returner, (looks like Stoudermire who also got reps with 1st team D)

one DLineman, (instead of dressing Cotton)

Cotton wasn't getting 1st team reps at this practise...I didn't see him in any of the packages on O either.

Wild didn't get POTW because McCoil scored twice on D. That wins you the award every week.

So shouldn't McCoil be the Offensive Player of the Week?  TDs are not a defensive stat.

Dressler is one heck of a player but has one heck of a price tag. I can't see paying him what seems to be the market value without financially crippling the team's ability to shore up other areas that need it. I say go after Hall and Matthews and let other teams screw themselves.

I'm not sure why Wild wasn't Defensive Player of the Week...Fraser and Vega were also rotating in with the first team D as was Louie Richardson...Based on what I saw at practise, it may be that they're toying with the idea of having our 4 DI's consist of

one LB, (Kuale/Wild)

I think this makes sense given we know we're going to get a heavy of dose of Sask's run game.

Cotton wasn't getting 1st team reps at this practise...I didn't see him in any of the packages on O either.

well, if we are playing 3 imports on the OL, 1 import must sit... and it could be Cotton... I dont think Anderson, Unamba, Stoudermire, Kuale/Kromah will sit.

I'm not sure why Wild wasn't Defensive Player of the Week...Fraser and Vega were also rotating in with the first team D as was Louie Richardson...because Sask's run game is so dominant at this point, it may be that they're toying with the idea of having our 4 DI's consist of

one LB, (Kuale/Wild)

Wild didn't get POTW because McCoil scored twice on D. That wins you the award every week.

So shouldn't McCoil be the Offensive Player of the Week? TDs are not a defensive stat.

What? Of course they are.

I'm not sure why Wild wasn't Defensive Player of the Week...Fraser and Vega were also rotating in with the first team D as was Louie Richardson...Based on what I saw at practise, it may be that they're toying with the idea of having our 4 DI's consist of

one LB, (Kuale/Wild)

I think this makes sense given we know we're going to get a heavy of dose of Sask's run game.

well, if we are playing 3 imports on the OL, 1 import must sit... and it could be Cotton... I dont think Anderson, Unamba, Stoudermire, Kuale/Kromah will sit.

IMO shouldn't be sitting Sears if he's healthy and they shouldn't be going into the game with out a backup for Grigsby, re: Cotton.  Can't quite figure out why they would dress Unamba, other than special teams what does he do?  I suspect the RR may play Messam and Allen and try to run the ball down the BB throat, would love to see Kromah and Kuale on the field at the same time to counteract the running attack.

I got a feeling Wild, Kuale and Kromah will be all in, to shore up our run D... Unamba will probably sit.

I hope so

If the Riders go on a running rampage with Messam at the end of the game again, Putting Kromah and Wild/Kuale in at the same time should do the trick. And please Keep Turner and Anderson in at DT. Thomas gets pushed around way to much in the run Game, Particularly against Saskatchewan's crazy good OL

I got a feeling Wild, Kuale and Kromah will be all in, to shore up our run D... Unamba will probably sit.

I hope so

If the Riders go on a running rampage with Messam at the end of the game again, Putting Kromah and Wild/Kuale in at the same time should do the trick. And please Keep Turner and Anderson in at DT. Thomas gets pushed around way to much in the run Game, Particularly against Saskatchewan's crazy good OL

Is Messam playing this week? He was out last week with a shoulder injury.

I hope so

Is Messam playing this week? He was out last week with a shoulder injury.

Possibly.  He was at practice on Wednesday.

Probably because for as much love as Kromah seems to be getting, the real run stopper last week was Ian Wild who had 14 tackles and barely anyone is mentioning him. 

Wild was solid but so was Kromah.  Kuale is a lot nastier and more physical but I think it's a mistake to sit Kromah who imo is much more physically capable of stopping the run.

Probably because for as much love as Kromah seems to be getting, the real run stopper last week was Ian Wild who had 14 tackles and barely anyone is mentioning him. 

Wild was solid but so was Kromah.  Kuale is a lot nastier and more physical but I think it's a mistake to sit Kromah who imo is much more physically capable of stopping the run.

The only reason to keep Kuale on the roster is if you're hoping he sends someone to the IR with a cheap shot. All he's good for. 

I simply think Kromah is a more well rounded LB than Kuale .. for all the physicality that Kuale brings to the table (in terms of being a thumper) .. he hasn't demonstrated it this season.

Bob Irving @BobIrvingCJOB  ?  3h
Steve Morley practicing with blue bombers but no pat neufeld again....look for Jarvis jones at right guard in Regina.

If we start 3 Internationals on the Oline then our lineup will likely be close to last week's depth chart, subject to a few changes:

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/wpg/pdf/depth/2014/Depth080712.pdf

Kuale will take Kromah's place;
Jarvis Jones comes on and I'm guessing Cotton goes off

Our DI's will likely be

Stoudermire;
Unamba;
Fraser/Vega;
Kuale

The Depth chart from last week indicates that we started Thomas at DT; that's not really the case.  We ensured that at all times we had two Nationals on the field when our D was playing...Bucknor at corner and depending on the D package, either Sherman or Thomas.  One of them could be swapped out with an International as long we had two Nationals on the field at the same time 

Because it looks like we're starting Jarvis Jones at RG we will not be able to swap Sherman or Thomas out with an International.  Thomas and Sherman, (and their National backups) will have to be on the field for every defensive play along with Bucknor.

On O we will start Morley, Greaves, Kohlert and Watson. 

It's concerning to me that we're facing the best run offence in the league; and we're stuck with one of our DT spots being platooned by Thomas/Cornell/Richardson...on the upside, we'll be rotating Anderson, Turner, Peach and Fraser/Vega so they'll be fresh...

I'm not sure who comes off if Richardson plays...maybe Cornell

Goosen was a spectator at yesterday's practise..I haven't heard as to whether or not he was an active participant today, (August 28).  It may be that Gord Hinse comes on as the 6th O Lineman.

I was at practise.  Goosen and Neufeld were spectators.  Jarvis Jones got all the reps that I saw at RG.  Sears played with scout team D.  I didn't see him rotate into the starting D at all...Unamba and Stoudermire did rotate into the starting D.  Looks like Kuale gets back into the lineup over Kromah based on personnel packages for starting D at this practise.

Have the coaching staff (Wylie in particular) determined Goosen is no longer ready for prime-time? Or is he nicked?

Obviously, Wyle knows Giant Swiston isn't viable, even as a 6th man bench jockey. I'd do anything possible to get Sears in the lineup. Needed to cut off the run early (particularly swift will ford) and put the squeeze on Durant or Sunseri when they try to ride the sidelines.