Lawless Goes Rogue

I know Lawless is a baffling commentator and master confabulator, but he's really dropping them today.

This is the first time I've listened to the 1290 pre-game show this year, so prior to this I didn't have a handle on how truly nuts GL has become.

Regarding him seeing Chris Walby getting ready for today's game, Lawless says: "There's something unsettling about watching the mammoth hanging out here"...Huh? Unsettling? Was he naked? 

When comparing the coaching styles of Osh and Chris Jones, GL goes on a tirade about how Jones considers the media to be "something he would scrape off the bottom of his shoe" he says Jones "is bad for the CFL".

I guess Gary has never had the opportunity to interview Don Matthews. If he thinks Jones is rough, the Don would have made him weep.

So now I can't change the station...just waiting for Gary's next beauty...Great stuff.

Hustler is a great radio host. He speaks with ease and gets his question out quickly and coherently.

Lawless is out ot lunch. Listening to him interview anyone is horrible.

For example is he were to ask OSHEA how he felt about how the game went it would be like this, Mike, I wanted to ask u how u felt about the game today. I know the players played hard and the defense came out strong and shut down esmontonw offence early but u looked upset on the side line before half time. Ahhhhh u know, it great that your team has been playing well so far ahh ahh ahh we got mike OSHEA here on tsn 129o, tsn1290.ca.

Hustler would say, u are listening to tsn 1290, tsn1290.ca " mike, how do u feel about the win today."

It take lawless 2 minutes to get a question out. Lawless is like all the commercials on cjob coaches show, they take away/ get in the way of others asking questions

The title of this thread should have been "Lawless Goes Wild" with videos of Lawless getting drunk saying and doing stupid ****...like Girls Gone Wild but Gary Lawless style.

Hopefully, without nudity.....

No one needs to be subjected to that. 

Nobody could finish that....

Every issue is a disaster.

Are you formally suggesting, that Lawless and certain other elements of the sporting press, in this town....indulge in the excessive use of hyperbole?

In the vernacular that is football…Lawless offers his own "Superbole"

Most of that column is barely coherent.

Walters will have to come to hard decisions and determine if it's time to begin a complete rebuild. Such a move comes with major repercussions.Moving out veteran imports to test new U.S. talent may prove successful in the long run, but will cost the Bombers games right now.

The nonsensical thesis of the piece.  There's one veteran import on the offensive line, that's January.  They are testing out new US talent.  Knapp, Jones and Howard don't even have a CFL season between them.  The OL is being rebuilt.  Decision has been made.

Most of that column is barely coherent.

Walters will have to come to hard decisions and determine if it's time to begin a complete rebuild. Such a move comes with major repercussions.Moving out veteran imports to test new U.S. talent may prove successful in the long run, but will cost the Bombers games right now.

The nonsensical thesis of the piece. There's one veteran import on the offensive line, that's January. They are testing out new US talent. Knapp, Jones and Howard don't even have a CFL season between them. The OL is being rebuilt. Decision has been made.

Lawless likes creating drama.

Most of the media, particularly Lawless, have the processing capacity of children. Win three games then lose one? Of course take all the negatives of the loss, blow them up to the biggest of issues, and print your article. They can't understand that a football team changes and improves (and weakens) over the course of an 18 game season.

For a "columnist" he sure does love switching his opinions so that he can always yell the loudest. Yesterday O'Shea and crew could do no wrong...today suddenly the goodwill has disappeared for DISASTER AND MISTAKES.

Yeah the funniest thing is how before the game they were all over how great the teams turnaround has been. Lawless was flat out ordering fans to go to he game to see how great they were.

You could almost see this game coming the way the media were going overboard.

Looks like Lawless has gotten into his nasty pills again.  Here is his article in today's FreeP.  I suspect he wrote it months ago and was waiting for the opportunity to dump it on us.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/o-line-a-disaster-area-267614001.html

If you were to ask him what/who exactly was the issue with o-line, he's stammer and stutter for 45 seconds before changing the subject.