Any updates on Willy's hand?

Hence the complaint about Grigsby because several of those rushed throws were on him

But. RB don't need to block. Atleast that's what I heard from some coachc that has lots of NCAA experience.

What??? Where's he coach Garbage State University?

Willy's hand injury was something that happens. It could happen behind the Riders OL as easily as Winnipeg's. Our Ol has deservedly taken heat for piss poor blocking before but they can't be blamed for Willy's hand injury, I don't believe.

We can win in Mont. with Marve OR Brohm. Prefer Willy though but all is well with Bryant Turner back in the lineup. Turner can beat the hell out of the Als. all by himself. And anyone questioning my take, I'll suggest it's about as accurate as Nasty Nates. lol

I wouldn't put good money on that bet.  No indication either of the Bomber backups can move the ball consistently other than their brief appearances in pre-season which means little.  Montreal has a pretty good pass rush as well so they wouldn't have much time to figure out what to do with the ball.

I think the Bomber O-Line has played fairly well so far but it did suffer when Greaves went down last week.  The real issue is picking up the blitz when the O-Line is outnumbered and this falls to the backs.  I wish the Bombers would seriously consider sacrificing a receiver position to add another full time back whose exclusive purpose was to protect Willy.  Volny, Fitzgerald, whoever,  just pick the best blocking National on the roster and stick him back there as Willy's personal bodyguard.  Dan Knapp would be fun but he has the wrong passport.  Protects Willy from injury and also buys him a bit more time to pick his target.

Hence the complaint about Grigsby because several of those rushed throws were on him

But. RB don't need to block. Atleast that's what I heard from some coachc that has lots of NCAA experience.

What??? Where's he coach Garbage State University?

Some beach bum that is now banned ;)

I think the Bomber O-Line has played fairly well so far but it did suffer when Greaves went down last week.  The real issue is picking up the blitz when the O-Line is outnumbered and this falls to the backs.  I wish the Bombers would seriously consider sacrificing a receiver position to add another full time back whose exclusive purpose was to protect Willy.  Volny, Fitzgerald, whoever,  just pick the best blocking National on the roster and stick him back there as Willy's personal bodyguard.  Dan Knapp would be fun but he has the wrong passport.  Protects Willy from injury and also buys him a bit more time to pick his target.

They've been using tight ends a lot (Pontbriand and double tights with Pontbriand and Fitzgerald), which is actually more effective for dealing with a pass rush than another back because it generally widens the rush lanes for edge rushers.

Most protection schemes now tend to count the number of potential rushers in the box and add blockers as needed, which is why you see Feoli-Gudino/Watson or Moore pass blocking sometimes too.

They've been using tight ends a lot (Pontbriand and double tights with Pontbriand and Fitzgerald), which is actually more effective for dealing with a pass rush than another back because it generally widens the rush lanes for edge rushers.

Most protection schemes now tend to count the number of potential rushers in the box and add blockers as needed, which is why you see Feoli-Gudino/Watson or Moore pass blocking sometimes too.

Nothing wrong with moving to a Tight End that can make the occasional catch full time.  Keeping Willy upright over the course of the season is the Bombers ticket to the playoffs.  Without him they're going nowhere and I hope they take his protection seriously. 

I've watched 6 games so far this year and find it hard to believe the amount of abuse the QB's who are the leagues lifeblood are taking.  I don't think it can be blamed entirely on poor O-Lines as the Etch-esque blitz packages seem to be doing the most damage.  What Willis did to Collaros whether legal or not does the league no good if Collaros is out for 6 weeks with concussion symptoms.  We all want the CFL to survive and prosper and to do so they need to protect their biggest assets better.

Why, pray tell, do you think they cannot win with Marve or Brohm?

Really? What did Brohm do in the pre season to make you think we can?

If you want to start an argument, answer the question. Point is you can't tell much from preseason. Period.

This just isn't true.

If you want to start an argument, answer the question. Point is you can't tell much from preseason. Period.

I wasn't starting an argument, you are. It seems you want to start a useless argument. To answer your question, I don't believe the Bombers can win without Willy. They have no experienced qb backing him up. In the pre season, Brohm showed little, if  anything to indicate that he can carry this team if Willy goes down. Our OL is in flux with Greaves out. You tell me how a team that's won something like 7 games in the past 2 years before 2014 & with something like 5 starting qbs over that time, can win without Willy? Besides, it's just my bloody opinion which I'm entitled to have. So, if you don't like it then bother someone else.  I have no interest in arguing this with you.

What the hell does the last 5 years have to do with this season though? Jesus christ, bombers win and you got people crapping all over them. Christ, it's almost like a few of you on here want them to lose, almost like losing would make you happy. Christ we are 2-0, can't some of you just enjoy it? 

I am enjoying it. Who's crapping on them? No one. This is a discussion about whether or not the Bombers can win without Willy? No one has been  crapping on any player in any threads other than Grigsby's blocking. Chill.

What the hell does the last 5 years have to do with this season though? Jesus christ, bombers win and you got people crapping all over them. Christ, it's almost like a few of you on here want them to lose, almost like losing would make you happy. Christ we are 2-0, can't some of you just enjoy it? 

I am enjoying it. Who's crapping on them? No one. This is a discussion about whether or not the Bombers can win without Willy? No one has been  crapping on any player in any threads other than Grigsby's blocking. Chill.

Tell me to chill? weren't you the guy that just told someone to suck an egg? and you are telling me to chill? who is crapping on them? Quite a few of you in some of these threads actually. 

Tell me to chill? weren't you the guy that just told someone to suck an egg? and you are telling me to chill? who is crapping on them? Quite a few of you in some of these threads actually. 

I haven't crapped on the team once this season, so read my posts pal, before you start pointing fingers at anyone. 

I haven't crapped on the team once this season, so read my posts pal, before you start pointing fingers at anyone. 

C'mon Iso - say it. I know you're dying to bro. But you gotta remember he had ONE win in 12 (?) starts (I think it was 12 might of been 11 or 10 or 9, TBH I couldn't care less as I knew he wasn't here long term). Personally, I would rather lose with Marve as he has potential and will learn, Brohm second though he did come around after his first two series in Calgary and threw a nice TD pass (maybe you missed that?) The guy you wanted shat the bed in Calgary, it's why he was cut. 

C'mon Iso - say it. I know you're dying to bro. But you gotta remember he had ONE win in 12 (?) starts (I think it was 12 might of been 11 or 10 or 9, TBH I couldn't care less as I knew he wasn't here long term). Personally, I would rather lose with Marve as he has potential and will learn, Brohm second though he did come around after his first two series in Calgary and threw a nice TD pass (maybe you missed that?) The guy you wanted shat the bed in Calgary, it's why he was cut. 

Yeah, he got cut. That's the way it goes in pro football. Not everyone is going to make it. As far as fans crapping on the Bombers? No way. People are happy. There's no crapping going on. Now, 2013... that was fans crapping on the team. We were furious from the first game of the season right to the last. It's been all good this season so far. How can anyone not love the "No Quit" attitude this team has? Win or lose, as long as the players & coaches fight every game & don't give up when the going gets tough, as fans we can't ask for more. 

Yeah, he got cut. That's the way it goes in pro football. Not everyone is going to make it. As far as fans crapping on the Bombers? No way. People are happy. There's no crapping going on. Now, 2013... that was fans crapping on the team. We were furious from the first game of the season right to the last. It's been all good this season so far. How can anyone not love the "No Quit" attitude this team has? Win or lose, as long as the players & coaches fight every game & don't give up when the going gets tough, as fans we can't ask for more. 

Oh I hear ya there (and btw - I've never taken any of your posts as crapping on the bombers - just the opposite actually. Me I started crapping on them in March when Mack released two QB's outright and brought in two more that were not better than them. I lost it then, then lost it some more when TO's 2nd, 3rd, and fodder came into our barn and smoked us 24 to 3. But I really lost all of it the following week when our so called leader announced we were going to Hamilton and were going to get our butts kicked. Only thing that shocked me, well, two things, 1st that one team (Montreal) managed to, not once, but twice, play worse than us to give us two wins, and 2nd, the only 'pleasant shock', was actually playing well and beating a team (Sask to boot) in the Banjo Bowl. I would have bet we'd of been the first CFL team ever to go 0 - 18, and I still say it was a miracle we didn't.

This year is like watching the bombers of old. I love this team again. Even if we lose I'll still love them, cause I wanna be entertained and I want to see effort. If we get that, and then lose because the team on the otherside just flat out out played us, I'd be satisfied. Disappointed sure, but at least I'd be able to hold my head up and say I'm a bomber fan. Last year was disgusting and I never want to see a year like that again. 

Oh I hear ya there (and btw - I've never taken any of your posts as crapping on the bombers - just the opposite actually. Me I started crapping on them in March when Mack released two QB's outright and brought in two more that were not better than them. I lost it then, then lost it some more when TO's 2nd, 3rd, and fodder came into our barn and smoked us 24 to 3. But I really lost all of it the following week when our so called leader announced we were going to Hamilton and were going to get our butts kicked. Only thing that shocked me, well, two things, 1st that one team (Montreal) managed to, not once, but twice, play worse than us to give us two wins, and 2nd, the only 'pleasant shock', was actually playing well and beating a team (Sask to boot) in the Banjo Bowl. I would have bet we'd of been the first CFL team ever to go 0 - 18, and I still say it was a miracle we didn't.

This year is like watching the bombers of old. I love this team again. Even if we lose I'll still love them, cause I wanna be entertained and I want to see effort. If we get that, and then lose because the team on the otherside just flat out out played us, I'd be satisfied. Disappointed sure, but at least I'd be able to hold my head up and say I'm a bomber fan. Last year was disgusting and I never want to see a year like that again. 

Last season was by far the worst it ever was to be a Bomber fan. I go back all the way to 1965 watching this team. Last year was worse than any of the Zaleski or Reinebold years. It all started with that exhibition game in Guelph & that 52-0 pasting. It just went downhill from there. Yes, I believe that finally you can once again hold your head high. This team will keep improving, MOS has them playing hard & they appear to have no quit in them. #fingerscrossed