Any updates on Willy's hand?

theee fact we need a 3 QB system for each team speaks loudlyDidn't Burris do that last season?

So 1 in 8 QBs played injury free ....the fact  we play with at least 2 or 3 QBs a lot speaks loudly in this league .... we have to think QBs not QB

Any word on Greaves' injury status?

Head coach Mike O’Shea announced this afternoon that left guard Chris Greaves, who might be the team’s top Canadian player, will miss “a few weeks” with a knee injury sustained in the first half of Thursday’s 36-28 win over the Ottawa RedBlacks.

So, Billy Peach is a National & sitting on Calgary's practice roster. Why haven't we picked him up? He'd start for us. 

Why would Calgary let him go?

The Stamps would have to activate Peach on to the starting roster & take a starter off the active roster & put him on the PR. I really wish we'd pick the guy up. Seems like a no brainer to me. 

O’Shea said Watson will miss the Montreal game due to his hamstring pull, but quarterback Drew Willy, who injured his throwing hand in the third quarter on Thursday, is fine and will be good to go.

Greaves becomes the fifth Canadian to find himself on the shelf, following slotback Cory Watson (hamstring), cornerback Donovan Alexander (calf), defensive tackle Ryan Lucas (knee) and linebacker Graig Newman (ankle). Alexander, however, has been practising and appears to now be the backup to Matt Bucknor.

Defensive tackle Bryant Turner, who missed last week’s game due to the birth of his daughter, is expected to return to Winnipeg tonight and be on the practice field tomorrow.

So, Billy Peach is a National & sitting on Calgary's practice roster. Why haven't we picked him up? He'd start for us. 

The Stamps would have to activate Peach on to the starting roster & take a starter off the active roster & put him on the PR. I really wish we'd pick the guy up. Seems like a no brainer to me. 

No they wouldn't.  They'd just have to shuffle someone who's not playing onto the 1 game IR and put Peach on the 46.  It would cost them an extra game cheque, that's it.

No they wouldn't.  They'd just have to shuffle someone who's not playing onto the 1 game IR and put Peach on the 46.  It would cost them an extra game cheque, that's it.

Has that always been the rule or is it changed with the CBA?

I never want to call an injury a good thing, but I also wonder ... would we have seen the emergence of Teague Sherman if Newman hadn't been hurt?

I know I'm looking forward to seeing both of them on the field at once.

Has that always been the rule or is it changed with the CBA?

Has been since the 2010 CBA.  

The other part of it is that Peach would have to agree to sign with the Bombers, and he's already got some time in Calgary's system and he's not far from being on the active roster there either.  He'd be competing for the 6th/7th OL spot here, basically where he's at with Calgary.

The player also has to agree to go to the new team as well.

I didn't know the rule change, thanks. Well, I think Peach is a lot farther from playing on the Stamps then he would be in Winnipeg. Even though they lost 3 starters from last season, they have a lot of depth on their OL. Certainly more than we do here. Plus, he makes $45,000 on the PR there. If he turns down a chance to start for more money, that's a head scratcher. 

I never want to call an injury a good thing, but I also wonder ... would we have seen the emergence of Teague Sherman if Newman hadn't been hurt?

Good to see Sherman succeed but do you think he will develop into a starter?  I see him more as a role player like Pontbriand, a great fill in that plays with enthusiasm and gusto and is a superstar on special teams.

Good to see Sherman succeed but do you think he will develop into a starter?  I see him more as a role player like Pontbriand, a great fill in that plays with enthusiasm and gusto and is a superstar on special teams.

I think he falls somewhere in between those two. I don't think I'd like to see him starting, but I certainly think he's earning his defensive snaps out there.  He's not a defensive liability.

One real goods thing about Etch is he is not shy about using Canadians that most other defensive coaches are scared to try and use. If there's some diamonds in the rough in your roster, Etch will find them. 

Im not saying Etch has won me over just yet,  but I'm giving credit where its due... and he's doing a good job thus far.