Running Tally - Collaros vs. Willy

BigBlue

I dont think ive ever seen him tap his helmet or pat his chest insinuating "my bad" its always reciever, RB, oline or coaches fault.. Cant deny his skills and toughness (when vega tackles you and you dont move an inch, thats tough) but his attitude and mental toughness both stink..

Lefevre seemed to make more things happen than Collaros could but not enough when he had a chance ....

Looks like Hammy has a trio of yellow label no brand QBsQBwith not much more than hope and wishful thinking

Repeating Bomber QB hopefuls since the arrival and departure of Buck Pierce (and Kevin Glenn earlier)

After week 2 ADVANTAGE Willy.... by a lot

I dont think ive ever seen him tap his helmet or pat his chest insinuating "my bad" its always reciever, RB, oline or coaches fault.. Cant deny his skills and toughness (when vega tackles you and you dont move an inch, thats tough) but his attitude and mental toughness both stink..

that bother me so much the rules prevented a sack there. Vega had him but wanted to slide down and tackle his legs but he knew if he did that it would be a 15 yarder.

Hank would have won that game for the Ti Cats Friday night. All 3 Hammy qbs look like pop gun players. Of the 3, Massoli looked the best but in the crunch he folded like a cheap tent. I still think Austin was nuts to get rid of Hank. Yeah, he has his warts as a player & he definitly wore out his welcome in Calgary but he is still a helluva qb & the Cats are nothing without him.

All those hamilton qbs just made some atrocious mistakes. That pick near the end, good lord I thought Austin would run onto the field and start beating the guy because it was a stupid throw to even think about trying.

[/q

uote]

With focused coaching and him learning the finer details of our game, I think Masoli has a chance. Austin was all over the board with his QB's last night. I'm all for changing QB in and out depending on need but last night, yikes.

I personally feel that Masoli performed the best out or the group last night. Yes he gave up two turn overs on broken plays but he did seem to get the best production out of the team. Lefavour threw that one ball straight up when he should have taken a sack ended up giving Edmonton their winning points with that throw. Instead of letting the defense step up and hoping for a Hamilton FG

Austin could have Ricky Ray playing for him & find something he does to be pissed off about. That's all Austin does, all game long is be angry. make a mistake  & he's all over  his qbs. What a great learning environment that must be. Having your coach berate you on the sidelines or is screaming constantly about this missed call & that missed call. After the 2 miscues by  Massoli I figured he'd be out of the game for LeFevour. I was surprised at how weak his arm is. 

All those Hamilton qbs just made some atrocious mistakes. That pick near the end, good lord I thought Austin would run onto the field and start beating the guy because it was a stupid throw to even think about trying. 

The problem with being a backup quarterback being thrown into a game with six minutes left  and the team being way down is that you know you have only two or three series to both show well and salvage the game. So there has to be a temptation to go long and hard with the passes to try to engineer a miraculous comeback- ergo: gambles.

so... was that a head to head hit on collaros? can't believe i'm gonna say this but i agree with what climie and milt said, willis lead with his shoulder not his helmet. In my opinion, there shouldn't have been a penalty on willis, that was a clean hit. 

Just imagine if the Bombers had acquired Drew Willy last year around mid-season and played him in place of Max Hall to finish out the season.  Hypothetically speaking how do you think he would have fared?

Not well, he looks like a good qb but qbs can't survive getting run over the by Tim Burke bus.