TSN CFL Preview Show on tonight

Jacquie

Why TSN wastes airtime with Lawless regurgitating his talking points from his columns when they have actual football analysts is beyond me.

Let Lawless report news and maybe do some insider stuff with Naylor.

Drives me nuts that Lawless thinks he's the Winnipeg community spokesperson.  If I didn't know any better I'd say he thinks he's the mafia lord anointed by the WFP.

Well overall I enjoyed the show. My fav was Milt Stegalls segment, was it just me or does anyone else think he could make a comeback and be one of the top receivers in the league still? Good stuff.

As for the bombers segment, don't forget guys, only 'local' Wpgers know about Lawless and his comments. It could have been a lot worse, it could have been Friesen! And FWIW, I think Lawless's comments were spot on.

Well overall I enjoyed the show. My fav was Milt Stegalls segment, was it just me or does anyone else think he could make a comeback and be one of the top receivers in the league still? Good stuff.

As for the bombers segment, don't forget guys, only 'local' Wpgers know about Lawless and his comments. It could have been a lot worse, it could have been Friesen! And FWIW, I think Lawless's comments were spot on.

Ya, hearing about how Mike O'Shea is going to have to restrain himself from pulling Drew Willy if he struggles in a first quarter was enlightening.

Lawless is out of his depth talking about actual sport, hockey, football, whatever.  He's good at digging and working sources for information and creating soap opera-esque storylines.  Sad that we couldn't get any thoughts from a guy like Lapolice on Drew Willy or anything Bomber related really.

Why TSN wastes airtime with Lawless regurgitating his talking points from his columns when they have actual football analysts is beyond me.

Let Lawless report news and maybe do some insider stuff with Naylor.

Drives me nuts that Lawless thinks he's the Winnipeg community spokesperson.  If I didn't know any better I'd say he thinks he's the mafia lord anointed by the WFP.

Yeah what a jerk.  When the national broadcastor calls, he should decline to appear.  Like what a ****.

Never mind the Rider fans being upset that Durant was ranked higher than Ray...I read something online this week that said Ray is the best QB in the league "...Now that AC has retired..."  Ummm.....?? Calvillo was never, at any point, at the same level as Frito. Not close. Frito is without a doubt, the best since Flutie.

Ya, hearing about how Mike O'Shea is going to have to restrain himself from pulling Drew Willy if he struggles in a first quarter was enlightening.

Lawless is out of his depth talking about actual sport, hockey, football, whatever.  He's good at digging and working sources for information and creating soap opera-esque storylines.  Sad that we couldn't get any thoughts from a guy like Lapolice on Drew Willy or anything Bomber related really.

I don't know about that. From what I saw, all Lawless was saying is that O'Shea is used to winning with a credible QB. If the bombers O is struggling in the first quarter I'm sure O'Shea will be 'struggling' emotionally, inside about leaving him in there. Of course, if we had a Drew Tate or Kevin Glenn as a backup, I'm sure he'd make that move in a heart beat, we have Marve and Brohm though so I doubt O'Shea would do something unless he was forced to (Injury wise). To me though, what I heard was O'Shea wants to win but he'll have to learn patience. I agree with that and I think he will (learn patience) as otherwise he'll look like Tim Burke by seasons end (all wrinkly and gray, not the stupid 'WTF is going on' look that Tim Burke always had on his face). 

i love how the Rider "faithful" have conveniently forgotten that many were hoping for a new QB well into mid season when Sheets went down and Durant looked very ordinary...

ah, revisionism...

they're so blinkered with their fanboyism that they can't see the plain truth: if other QBs played like Ray did last season (nearly 80% completion and a 126 efficiency) that it would effectively "break" football. they'd have to change rules to try and re-balance the game.

If the bombers O is struggling in the first quarter I'm sure O'Shea will be 'struggling' emotionally, inside about leaving him in there.

In this certainly, you will be quite alone.

Seriously, you think a real live not cartoon professional football coach will struggle emotionally with leaving his starting QB in after only 15 minutes of the regular season if he doesn't experience immediate success?

As for the list, they should have made it all Rider players.  46 plus 4 from the PR.  Anything less is an flaming pile of crap in the eyes of impartial rider fans.

Rays reputation took a real hit it seems suffering through the gong show in Edmonton for a few years. People forget that the guy came in and basically dominated the CFL as a rookie, when does that ever happen? Then the Esks hit the skids and everything was a mess and he still put up good numbers but the wins didn't come and people forgot that the guy is a robot who just doesn't miss throws when he's got a competent coach, o-line and receivers.

If the bombers O is struggling in the first quarter I'm sure O'Shea will be 'struggling' emotionally, inside about leaving him in there.

In this certainly, you will be quite alone.

Seriously, you think a real live not cartoon professional football coach will struggle emotionally with leaving his starting QB in after only 15 minutes of the regular season if he doesn't experience immediate success?

As for the list, they should have made it all Rider players.  46 plus 4 from the PR.  Anything less is an flaming pile of crap in the eyes of impartial rider fans.

ummmmm why would I be alone? I wouldn't be wanting a change. Lawless was commenting on O'Shea though I certainly don't agree with 1st quarter (those were Lawless's words) and secondly I don't think Willy is going to struggle. I just agree with Lawless's take on the whole thing in a general way. Lawless did not say (and neither did I) that Willy would be pulled. In fact, I'd be very surprised if he didn't pass for over 300 yards and threw at least two if not three TD passes. If you want to put words in my mouth - I'm thinking our Defense will be our undoing in this game as neither team is going in with a highly rated D. I'm also thinking Ray will pass for over 400 and Owens will get at least 200 of those a couple of TD's himself. 

Rays reputation took a real hit it seems suffering through the gong show in Edmonton for a few years. People forget that the guy came in and basically dominated the CFL as a rookie, when does that ever happen? Then the Esks hit the skids and everything was a mess and he still put up good numbers but the wins didn't come and people forgot that the guy is a robot who just doesn't miss throws when he's got a competent coach, o-line and receivers.

and time to throw. Other than Calvillo, I haven't seen a QB in the CFL in the last 15 years who is as deadly when given that extra one second in the pocket to make the throw. Almost always right on target, in a place almost impossible to defend.

Funny, Rider types were genuinely offended Durant was'nt number one, others too afraid to disagree. All over a list everybody forgets two minutes after its presented.

*ahem*

Meant Rider fans afraid to even suggest DD might not be the best in the league.