TSN CFL Preview Show on tonight

Jacquie

From TSN:

Leading up to the opening kickoff on Thursday, CFL ON TSN primes fans for the 2014 season with a series of special season preview broadcasts airing tomorrow night (Wednesday, June 25):

- 7:30 p.m. ET - JOURNEY TO THE GREY CUP: 2013 SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS
This 30-minute TSN Original feature looks back at the storybook season that saw the Roughriders capture the CFL title on their home turf.

- 8 p.m. ET - CFL TOP 50 PLAYERS
Milt Stegall and Matt Dunigan count down the CFL's most electrifying talents, identifying the players to watch during the 2014 season.

- 8:30 p.m. ET - CFL SEASON PREVIEW SHOW
CFL ON TSN's hour-long season preview special breaks down the biggest storylines heading into the 2014 CFL season and to tee up the season opener the following evening, Thursday, June 26.

It's really cool that TSN tries to do as much as they can to hype up the league, but the "preview" stuff is always kinda fluffy because the national broadcaster doesn't have enough info on what's going on in each city. They need more input from the regional beat guys to make that worthwhile. 

Still, CFL stuff is CFL stuff. Anything to get prepped for the season. I'm personally in the middle of that Bombes 75th Anniv book that Bob Irving did back in 2005, and tomorrow I'm planning on watching the Bomber Traditions dvd with 17to85 over a glass of rye...

#BringOnTheSeason

You mean I get to tune in to watch Chris Schultz provide valuable and knowledgeable insight into what's going to happen in the CFL this year?

"You know Jocko, the team that is going to win the Grey Cup is the team that not only wins the division final, but also wins the Grey Cup game" 

You mean I get to tune in to watch Chris Schultz provide valuable and knowledgeable insight into what's going to happen in the CFL this year?

"You know Jocko, the team that is going to win the Grey Cup is the team that not only wins the division final, but also wins the Grey Cup game" 

They also score more point than the other team.

I don't see Will Ford being voted into the top 50. A guy like Desmond Washington might have an outside chance at making this list. But, it doesn't really matter I mean Tim Tebow cracked the top 100 list in the NFL a couple of years ago.

He was a divisional all star last year, keep in mind. The league is pretty thin on ESTABLISHED stars right now, it's a very transitional time for the CFL.

I don't see Will Ford being voted into the top 50. A guy like Desmond Washington might have an outside chance at making this list. But, it doesn't really matter I mean Tim Tebow cracked the top 100 list in the NFL a couple of years ago.

He was a divisional all star last year, keep in mind. The league is pretty thin on ESTABLISHED stars right now, it's a very transitional time for the CFL.

Depending on when they put this together Max Hall might make the list.

Maybe January

Maybe he takes Ben Archibald's 48 slot.

Looking at the 2013 list, the number of guys who have been outright released at least once or dropped out of the league entirely on the list is crazy.  Isaac, Hefney, Simpson, Banks (not released but close), Richardson, Keron Williams, Drew Tate lost his starting job.

LOL - yeah it is usually a joke, though if Dunigan and/or Milt are on then at least it won't be a total loss.

i don't take the Top 50 Players as an actual ranking as i don't believe in the people's scouting or objectivity who make up the list. i try to look at it more as a chance to watch 50 players get talked-up and some of their highlights shown... it's more fun for me that way. besides, any list that doesn't have Ray at #1 is fundamentally flawed and should be viewed at with great skepticism.

also, i don't recommend anyone play the "best fans in the league" drinking game this weekend... even during broadcasts not involving the team from the rectangle. you'll be "do or die" level wasted by halftime.