Hawkins Fired In Mtl, Popp To Take Over As Hc

Fraser

Wonder if Berry is going to make AC call his own plays? ;)

Oh man, I'd forgotten about that.

That was when Berry lost me, when he decided that Glenn was going to call his own plays, and then Glenn told the media that he wasn't really all that into calling his own plays.  Seemed like Berry was really grasping at straws there.

He just upgraded his coaching significantly, didn't he?

Never mind Popp, I think Mtl is in much better shape with Berry calling the plays than with Miller.

Sure, he cut his former coach off at the knees. You know Popp talked to him before the firing.

While I wish I could say that i saw this coming, I'm actually surprised tat the move was made now, and not only that but shocked that Miller is still employed, and honestly I don't think Hawkins was nearly as bad as Andrus and he got a full season.

While I wish I could say that i saw this coming, I'm actually surprised tat the move was made now, and not only that but shocked that Miller is still employed, and honestly I don't think Hawkins was nearly as bad as Andrus and he got a full season.

likely because we had a mid-year HC axing the season prior.

So if you've got an incompetent boss, you should just shut your mouth and let your team keep on sucking?

Guess so. I mean, you wouldn't actually want to work with him & help him just a bit? If he wasn't listening then fine. But if AC just didn't like the plays &  just refused to give his input then what kind of leader is he?

We give our GM & coaches a year, two, sometimes three seasons to really make sure they're incompetent. I mean, if you can't win in 2012, why can't you win in 2013?? Aren't we nice?  

I remember Bill Cosby talk about his time at Temple University as a high  jumper. He said he couldn't clear 6 feet. Tried it again & again with  no success.  Then he thought, "If I can't jump 6 feet in practice, then why not 6 feet one?" Power of positive thinking, right? So, he put the bar at 6'1 & guess what happened???

He couldn't jump that either. Fail. That's what the Bombers remind me of. Especially with the way things are going.

To use that story and try to connect to the GM and coaches of the Bombers is a bit of a leap, IMO.

I think it's closer to the truth than you care to believe. This group running the team now can't win, don't know how to win & will never win. Just like Cosby not being able to jump six feet one.

Guess so. I mean, you wouldn't actually want to work with him & help him just a bit? If he wasn't listening then fine. But if AC just didn't like the plays &  just refused to give his input then what kind of leader is he?

Assumptions make an ass out of you and me.

From what's been said out of Montreal, it wasn't Popp's decision to fire Hawkins and take over as HC, it was the owner's. I doubt Popp really wanted to do it since it means he has to stay in Montreal during the season instead of living year round in NC like he has been.