Improving fan experience & traffic flow after games

I watched an interview with Wade Miller today and he explained a few initiatives the Bombers have done to improve fan experience and traffic outflow after games:

- Allow fans on the field after games to get autographs etc

- Serve alcohol in the north end zone an hour after games. Includes an enhanced designated driver program (free pop all game for DDs). Park and Ride busses will still be available.

- Free appetizers in the Pinnacle club an hour after the game, for premium seat owners.

- 10 minute post game show with Kim Babij on the video boards followed by a DJ playing music an hour after the game.

- New Sky Bars on each end of the 200 level. Concrete has been removed from these ends of the 200 level so that fans can watch the game on the video boards while drinking/socializing. This should decrease traffic on the lower level concourse.

- Wade said there will be a Rum Hut 2.0 but didn't say where it'll be.

- More loge seating

- 5 new charging stations for smartphones

All seem like good ideas!

I watched an interview with Wade Miller today and he explained a few initiatives the Bombers have done to improve fan experience and traffic outflow after games:

- Allow fans on the field after games to get autographs etc

- Serve alcohol in the north end zone an hour after games. Includes an enhanced designated driver program (free pop all game for DDs). Park and Ride busses will still be available.

- Free appetizers in the Pinnacle club an hour after the game, for premium seat owners.

- 10 minute post game show with Kim Babij on the video boards followed by a DJ playing music an hour after the game.

- New Sky Bars on each end of the 200 level. Concrete has been removed from these ends of the 200 level so that fans can watch the game on the video boards while drinking/socializing. This should decrease traffic on the lower level concourse.

- More loge seating

- 5 new charging stations for smartphones

All seem like good ideas!

These are all actually pretty cool.

I hope the fans on the field stuff is really organized. When they had it in the past it was a free for all and quite dangerous for fans (ie people jumping from 10 feet onto concrete), players and everyone else on the field.

Wade said it'll be organized and fans will be given instructions during the game on how it'll work. He also said there will be a limit to the number of people allowed on the field at a time.

I'm very impressed with the way the Blue Bombers have addressed the issues that they have been saddled with, i.e.. the issue caused by the location of the stadium.

These pre-game, post-game activities have been introduced to help spread the time that people leave the stadium as well as address the game day experience. There has been a lot of work put into the thinking and organizing behind these new initiatives.

It shows that Miller is not just another pretty face…boy does that show that.

He answered questions that were in his job sphere and deferred questions where the answers were for the GM.

He also answered the ever so popular "who did they really want as QB" (although not in those words)….answer - Willy.

He pointed out that they want to develop their own 'stable', for lack of a better word, of QB prospects and felt that the hiring of a QB coach is going to go a long way in establishing that.

He addressed the schedule and Thur. night games and I found his answers reasonable and takes in all the elements of past fan survey preferences, TSN demands, other team requests, and weekend lake issues.

So, no Nate, Miller is not running the football operation side of the Bombers…he has no time.

A solid part of our organization.

I heard in a previous interview that this Rum Hut will be portable. Will start the game in the Tail Gate area outside Gate 2 and then move to the smoking area at the North End. You will also now be allowed to take your drink with you when you go to smoke.

Post-Game Traffic Buster

Not everyone wants to leave Investors Group Field the moment the final whistle blows after a Bomber game. For fans wanting to let traffic to disperse before heading out, the Bombers are introducing the Post Game Traffic Buster, entertainment inside the stadium after the game is over.

Starting right after the completion of the 4th quarter, Bomber TV’s Kim Babij-Gesell and local sports broadcasting expert Joe Pascucci will host a 10 minute post-game show on the giant video boards. The pair will analyse the game, going over the critical stats and highlights, and looking ahead to the next game.

Immediately after the post-game show, a local band or local DJ will take to a stage on the field to entertain fans with live music.

Once the field has been fully cleared of all game-related equipment, stadium security will allow fans the opportunity to head down to field level to listen to the music and get pictures or autographs with Buzz & Boomer, and the Blue Bomber Dance & Cheer Team. If time permits, Blue Bomber players will also head out to the field to sign autographs.

The concessions in the north end of the stadium will stay open during the entire Post-Game Traffic Buster, so fans can continue to purchase food and beverages until the event is complete.

I'm very impressed with the way the Blue Bombers have addressed the issues that they have been saddled with, i.e.. the issue caused by the location of the stadium.

These pre-game, post-game activities have been introduced to help spread the time that people leave the stadium as well as address the game day experience. There has been a lot of work put into the thinking and organizing behind these new initiatives.

He answered questions that were in his job sphere and deferred questions where the answers were for the GM.

He also answered the ever so popular "who did they really want as QB" (although not in those words)….answer - Willy.

He pointed out that they want to develop their own 'stable', for lack of a better word, of QB prospects and felt that the hiring of a QB coach is going to go a long way in establishing that.

He addressed the schedule and Thur. night games and I found his answers reasonable and takes in all the elements of past fan survey preferences, TSN demands, other team requests, and weekend lake issues.

So, no Nate, Miller is not running the football operation side of the Bombers…he has no time.

I prefer to remember the way things were during the first game last year, expecting perfection from the get-go, pretend no changes were made, get angry, stay angry, cradle that anger like a newborn baby on a ferris wheel, and never ever ever pretend for a second that any part of a gameday experience is enjoyable.

After all, isn't that what it means to be a Bomber fan?

I prefer to remember the way things were during the first game last year, expecting perfection from the get-go, pretend no changes were made, get angry, stay angry, cradle that anger like a newborn baby on a ferris wheel, and never ever ever pretend for a second that any part of a gameday experience is enjoyable.

After all, isn't that what it means to be a Bomber fan?

Well, that first part does sound familiar….

Now I'm confused.