Depth chart for Saturdays preseason game vs Calgary

Despite the entire CFL internet community talking like it was Mitchell's job, Huff has never indicated anything other than Tate is their starter.

I thought I remember reading it's more or less an open competition.... Tate being the incumbent but if BLM plays well enough he could win the job??

Honestly if we do find ourselves pressed for Canadian starters at least with this you could sub in Morley. He's not good, but still...at least it's an option. I really want to see Knapp pull on runs though. He's built like a tight end.

He actually was a tight end in college then converted to guard on the line.

Despite the entire CFL internet community talking like it was Mitchell's job, Huff has never indicated anything other than Tate is their starter.

Everyone just assumes Tate will suffer a season ending injury by halftime so Mitchell is the default starter.

Not everyone :-). Based on a lot of comments I've read here over the last year or so on Drew Tate cuts against the grain of how Huff and his coaching staff must see Tate. Listen, I'm not a fan of his, he plays for the Stumps, but seriously he has talent and can't yet be placed in the 'no more chances' category. And for people who disagree with this, I would direct you over to Mr. Hufnagel to get his perspective.  

Very interesting...starting 3 non-imports on the o-line with Goossen at center and Neufeld at right tackle. Morley as backup RG.

With no backup center, I wonder if the coaching staff will give Goossen an entire game to prove himself, to evaluate whether he's ready to begin the season as starting center??

Ford still not playing...I wonder if his roster spot is in serious jeopardy?

Graig Newman starting at MLB is interesting.

If Neufeld can hold his own at RT then this could be a good thing. Dan Knapp seems to have won the RG position purely because of his physical awesomeness? And because he's such an upgrade over Morley? Not sure why else we'd start an import at that position in the future, unless we have that kind of roster flexibility.

Physical awesomeness?

HAIR AWESOMENESS!!!

knapp_dan.jpg

Very interesting...starting 3 non-imports on the o-line with Goossen at center and Neufeld at right tackle. Morley as backup RG.

With no backup center, I wonder if the coaching staff will give Goossen an entire game to prove himself, to evaluate whether he's ready to begin the season as starting center??

Ford still not playing...I wonder if his roster spot is in serious jeopardy?

Graig Newman starting at MLB is interesting.

If Neufeld can hold his own at RT then this could be a good thing. Dan Knapp seems to have won the RG position purely because of his physical awesomeness? And because he's such an upgrade over Morley? Not sure why else we'd start an import at that position in the future, unless we have that kind of roster flexibility.

Physical awesomeness?

HAIR AWESOMENESS!!!

knapp_dan.jpg

His hair is way crazier now!

Everyone just assumes Tate will suffer a season ending injury by halftime so Mitchell is the default starter.

Not everyone :-). Based on a lot of comments I've read here over the last year or so on Drew Tate cuts against the grain of how Huff and his coaching staff must see Tate. Listen, I'm not a fan of his, he plays for the Stumps, but seriously he has talent and can't yet be placed in the 'no more chances' category. And for people who disagree with this, I would direct you over to Mr. Hufnagel to get his perspective.  

Tate has looked ridiculously good when he plays and isn't injured.

I actually don't expect BLM to outplay him for the job simply because I don't think BLM is as good - Now good at playing the role and good at staying healthy are two entirely different beasts.

IMO Tate has one more shot to show he can play a season without injury - he gets hurt for an extended duration this year and the best he can hope for will be a backup role next year.

Honestly if we do find ourselves pressed for Canadian starters at least with this you could sub in Morley. He's not good, but still...at least it's an option. I really want to see Knapp pull on runs though. He's built like a tight end.

I'm pretty sure he converted to tackle, not guard.

Tackle is where I'd like to see him too.

Knapp did not show well at RT last year...

On one day of practice.

Either way, I like him at guard. Two imports on the OL is two imports, I don't care if they play tackle, center, guard or right wing.

It was only what? Two games?  It's tough to judge anybody on that team last year especially going on such a small sample size.

Same amount of practice as Jarvis Jones had, and he instantly looked like a monster...

I think its great that Knapp is the flavour of the month now... reminds me of when Andre Douglas was the next big thing.

Andre the Giant (beat Nate to it) could have been good if he had stayed healthy. 2011 our O-Line wasn't too bad, especially with Labatte in there. We just needed a center.

Same amount of practice as Jarvis Jones had, and he instantly looked like a monster...

I think its great that Knapp is the flavour of the month now... reminds me of when Andre Douglas was the next big thing.

Bottom line is that Knapp has been better than Jones this year so far. Last year is pretty irrelevant at this point.

If he didn't hurt himself and NEVER RECOVER he might have been... it hurt us pretty bad with him down for forever and thinking he was one week from coming back for practically the entire season