Depth chart for Saturdays preseason game vs Calgary

So it looks like ...

3 non-imports on the offensive line

2 non-import receivers

2 rotating on defense between Bucknor, Thomas, Newman and maybe a few other spare parts.

That's not so bad.

I don't see Alexander - is he hurt too? On the bubble?

Hurt too.

So it looks like ...

3 non-imports on the offensive line

2 non-import receivers

2 rotating on defense between Bucknor, Thomas, Newman and maybe a few other spare parts.

That's not so bad.

I don't see Alexander - is he hurt too? On the bubble?

Alexander is hurt. Doubt he's on the bubble.

Man, Marve is listed last again. I hope they give him more then the last 5 or 10 minutes on the field.

My feeling is the coaching staff has Marve already penciled in as the 3rd string developmental guy and the backup job is between Hall and Brohm, with the loser of that battle ending up on the IR.

Very interesting...starting 3 non-imports on the o-line with Goossen at center and Neufeld at right tackle. Morley as backup RG.

With no backup center, I wonder if the coaching staff will give Goossen an entire game to prove himself, to evaluate whether he's ready to begin the season as starting center??

Ford still not playing...I wonder if his roster spot is in serious jeopardy?

Graig Newman starting at MLB is interesting.

If Neufeld can hold his own at RT then this could be a good thing. Dan Knapp seems to have won the RG position purely because of his physical awesomeness? And because he's such an upgrade over Morley? Not sure why else we'd start an import at that position in the future, unless we have that kind of roster flexibility.

I get what you're saying, as traditionally we've manned the easier position (G) with the NI, and manned the tackle spot with an American... but Neufeld seems to be the rarer sort that is better outside than he is inside.  If that allows us to start an import guard and plug more holes, I love it.

I re-watched the preseason game and focused on Neufeld, Pencer and Goossen.

First, I can see why Pencer was cut after coaches watched the film. Pencer is slow and couldn't stop anyone. Whenever Pencer was beat, which was most plays, Neufeld and Goossen had to step in and help to slow the defender from getting to the QB. Both sacks against us were Pencer's fault.

Second, Neufeld played both right guard and right tackle in the game. He appeared to be very solid at both positions. He engaged the defender well and he seems to have a bit of mean streak that doesn't get talked about much.

Goossen also looked very good. Always looking to block someone. High energy guy and very strong. You can tell by watching him that he enjoys blocking defenders. He's going to be a beauty for us.

Very good moves on Walters on getting both Neufeld and Goossen.

I re-watched the preseason game and focused on Neufeld, Pencer and Goossen.

First, I can see why Pencer was cut after coaches watched the film. Pencer is slow and couldn't stop anyone. Whenever Pencer was beat, which was most plays, Neufeld and Goossen had to step in and help to slow the defender from getting to the QB. Both sacks against us were Pencer's fault.

Second, Neufeld played both right guard and right tackle in the game. He appeared to be very solid at both positions. He engaged the defender well and he seems to have a bit of mean streak that doesn't get talked about much.

Goossen also looked very good. Always looking to block someone. High energy guy and very strong. You can tell by watching him that he enjoys blocking defenders. He's going to be a beauty for us.

Very good moves on Walters on getting both Neufeld and Goossen.

I had similar thoughts as well. Goosen did not look out of place.

Very interesting...starting 3 non-imports on the o-line with Goossen at center and Neufeld at right tackle. Morley as backup RG.

With no backup center, I wonder if the coaching staff will give Goossen an entire game to prove himself, to evaluate whether he's ready to begin the season as starting center??

Ford still not playing...I wonder if his roster spot is in serious jeopardy?

Graig Newman starting at MLB is interesting.

If Neufeld can hold his own at RT then this could be a good thing. Dan Knapp seems to have won the RG position purely because of his physical awesomeness? And because he's such an upgrade over Morley? Not sure why else we'd start an import at that position in the future, unless we have that kind of roster flexibility.

Physical awesomeness?

HAIR AWESOMENESS!!!