BlueBombers 2014 Games TSN Video-On-Demand

M.O.A.B.

I've never understood why the CFL doesn't offer their own CFL streaming package.  I would pay to have access to all the live games (well, we do already to for TSN) and the recorded ones.  Particularly if they offered coaches' film like the NFL does. 

I've never understood why the CFL doesn't offer their own CFL streaming package. I would pay to have access to all the live games (well, we do already to for TSN) and the recorded ones. Particularly if they offered coaches' film like the NFL does.

I'd buy that. I think a friend of mine asked cohon about that and he said the cfl will evolve as media evolves. Hopefully they or tsn don't miss this opportunity.

I've never understood why the CFL doesn't offer their own CFL streaming package.  I would pay to have access to all the live games (well, we do already to for TSN) and the recorded ones.  Particularly if they offered coaches' film like the NFL does. 

Because they sold off all the digital rights to TSN in the last TV deal.  Which is great for the league because TSN limits access to the content (it's basically impossible for most of western Canada to access TSNGO at this point) and uses the CFL as collateral to attempt to squeeze cable providers into giving them more money. :unsure:

Because they sold off all the digital rights to TSN in the last TV deal.  Which is great for the league because TSN limits access to the content (it's basically impossible for most of western Canada to access TSNGO at this point) and uses the CFL as collateral to attempt to squeeze cable providers into giving them more money. :unsure:

Oh I know, I just think the CFL should really consider doing the smart thing for a change and try to put a package together that wouldn't run primarily through cable.  Any CFL streaming package would divert some money to TSN anyways since they're the rights holder, plus it means more eyeballs for their ads.

Oh I know, I just think the CFL should really consider doing the smart thing for a change and try to put a package together that wouldn't run primarily through cable.  Any CFL streaming package would divert some money to TSN anyways since they're the rights holder, plus it means more eyeballs for their ads.

The CFL doesn't have any control over it though.  Cohon has stated that to people complaining about this TSNGO stuff.  They'd have to prod TSN to do anything like that, but TSN is owned by a cable conglomerate which will only share content with others if they get paid handsomely for it.  They are primarily interested at this moment in diverting people to pay for cable or to keep their cable it seems, and sticking it to other cable companies because apparently the carriage fees aren't enough.

What this all boils down to, is **** Bell (and Rogers too really)

"Supposedly" any tv subscriber can sign up for this. 

Also, apparently it is not valid in the States, johnzo.  Although I suppose there are ways around that... 

I may have caved and inquired about Bell TV :(

I am also really disappointed by this arrangement - CFL is making a big mistake, whether they have control or not now, they gave it away.  I would also be willing to pay someone to use their Rogers or Bell login.  Message me if you're interested.