Alouettes Fire OC Rick Worman

Atomic

What took u so long? What purpose would it serve for me to make either of those things up? You are right...none. You can think what you like. I deal in facts and what would you take has proof that would satisfy you? Name the people that were involved in these conversations with both Walby and Worman? Sorry I can't and won't throw them under the bus. So again believe what you like.

that's a huge cop out answer. SHOCKER!!

Just pm the sources, that's all. i wont throw them under the bus.

why would i, just want you to prove it. Why is that so difficult?

Heh

This board is so bi-polar. 

One day people say we should accept inside info as fact when presented by forum members and mods.

next day you have to PM someone your source so they can verify it.

WTF? WHO CARES..

I like that DR. CFL is sharing his inside info.  I can choose wether to believe it or not.  If he/she doesn't share the inside info because the can't or wont share the source  we are worse off.. 

Chalk it up as a rumour, and if you don't believe it, cool. Ignore it.

edit : I have an extremely large penis.. I will make sure to pm you proof.

its certainly within the realm of believability that when Miller became President he would make or receive calls/emails/texts from people he knew.  When i changed departments in my company I had friends I worked with in other departments informally ask me if there were any positions available.  Im sure its not uncommon for casual conversations.

Plus, perspective factors in.  Worman could have called Miller to congrats him and say "hey, you know I'd love to come in if you have something."  Miller responds "I appreciate that.  Ill keep it in mind.  There will be openings for sure."  In Miller's mind he brushed Worman off.  In Worman's mind, he is being considered for a position.

I dont know either way.  I dont actually care either.  But its more believable that Miller had conversations with people he knew than he didnt have conversations at all.

Well isn't that funny....because Miller denies it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Worman had numerous conversations dating back to last August when Miller took over. I know from people who have spoken to Worman personally.

The deal fell apart because they couldn't get a bar approved for the coach's lounge.

its certainly within the realm of believability that when Miller became President he would make or receive calls/emails/texts from people he knew.  When i changed departments in my company I had friends I worked with in other departments informally ask me if there were any positions available.  Im sure its not uncommon for casual conversations.

Plus, perspective factors in.  Worman could have called Miller to congrats him and say "hey, you know I'd love to come in if you have something."  Miller responds "I appreciate that.  Ill keep it in mind.  There will be openings for sure."  In Miller's mind he brushed Worman off.  In Worman's mind, he is being considered for a position.

I dont know either way.  I dont actually care either.  But its more believable that Miller had conversations with people he knew than he didnt have conversations at all.

Essentially this.

In any business, you keep any contact you have for like...EVER.

I believe there were conversations, and maybe to the extent of "Hey Kyle, and Mike, Rick Worman has said that he's willing to work here if you're interested."

Why should he have to prove anything to you?  Who are you?  I believe him.

He just wants a list of sources when people state something to be a fact which I understand. Now having said that, I still happen to agree with your sentiments, Atomic. I think basically calling someone a liar because he won't say who his sources are is harsh. People choose to believe what they want to believe anyway. Dr CFL could reveal his sources to Goalie & then he could come back & say your sources don't know jack **** so it's a lose/lose situation. Why throw people under the bus, on sorry to say it, but a forum like this? 

I know a bunch of CFL coaches, managers &  former players. Over the years, I've heard good stories & bad stories about players & coaches from these guys. But I've never once said anything on a site like this regarding anything that has been said to me. One, because I would lose their trust if they found out I did & two, I'd never hear anything more from them again. Lots of times I wanted to post something as it would have made for juicy gossip but I never did & I never will.

I think DR CFL should follow my advice. if someone close to the CFL says something to him in private, then he should keep it to himself. 

This was his actual tweets

If players liked him and were convinced they could succeed Worman could have gone to meeting with a two-four and not been fired. Als didnt want to risk another Hawkins gong show by giving Worman more time then have to can him before LD.

This is a football move not a personal ethics one.

And you probably believe Miller never asked Walby if he wanted to help coach the o line? You can believe what u choose. I know both the Walby and Worman deals to be true.

Fact is there were no deals...so you have nothing to fall back on except rumor and 3rd hand info

If players liked him and were convinced they could succeed Worman could have gone to meeting with a two-four and not been fired. Als didnt want to risk another Hawkins gong show by giving Worman more time then have to can him before LD.

This is a football move not a personal ethics one.

Madani is playing with fire here. I don't like how he threw that 'sipping on a beer" thing out on twitter. What a trash thing to say about someone especially as the Als will never say why he was fired. They don't want to deal with a potential lawsuit.

In some circles someone's word would constitute a deal. I guess if third party knowledge means knowing the individuals that have spoken to both Walby and Worman you are correct it is third hand but not a rumour as some people seem to choose to believe. It makes no difference to me. But I am not sure the purpose of calling into question someone's credibility serves?

If you care to review my posts anything I believe , speculate about, have an opinion about or know is a rumour is stated as such.

In some circles someone's word would constitute a deal. I guess if third party knowledge means knowing the individuals that have spoken to both Walby and Worman you are correct it is third hand but not a rumour as some people seem to choose to believe. It makes no difference to me. But I am not sure the purpose of calling into question someone's credibility serves?

If you care to review my posts anything I believe , speculate about, have an opinion about or know is a rumour is stated as such.

Personally, I don't care what you say or say who you know. Or who told you something. Just expect people to call you out when you do as that is their right. It's also your right to tell them no. That's why I don't do what you do. I keep quiet. That's my preference. I hear things & I prefer to keep it a secret as I was asked to do.

To me, there's more than enough to talk around here without dropping rumours. But I also think you can say what you want any way you want without having to to quote sources or not because that is the culture of this site. 

Higgins has spoken out about it:

“Things were starting to unravel. I truly felt we couldn’t bring it back,” Higgins said. “The decision was strictly mine. It was one I felt was necessary for us to get to where we need to get to. I feel better today than I did yesterday.”

Higgins reminds people of Marc Trestman. He’s a kind and decent man, always positive. Higgins holds his players and coaches to a standard. And it was becoming clear Worman wasn’t meeting that standard. There were whispers concerning him even before the Als reported to camp at Bishop’s University on June 1.

“There were some things that were happening,” Higgins admitted. “I brought someone in and it didn’t work. We’re talking everything — from chemistry to dealing with the athletes; in meetings, on the field, dealing with any of the people in our organization. It just wasn’t going to work. It became painfully obvious (Monday).

“It’s about the team, about doing what’s right. Treating people the way you want to be treated. The negatives outweighed the positives and it just wasn’t going to work.”

“I can tell you these players are happy as hell,” said a league source, who spoke with several Als since the firing was announced.

Even before he was hired, Worman demanded more money than the organization was prepared to pay, according to another source. We heard he made an offensive comment against assistant coach André Bolduc. There was talk he and Sweet were having difficulties co-existing.

When camp opened, it was obvious the offence was struggling — and continued with each passing day. Worman had instituted a vertical offensive system, complete with numerous long passing plays. But these plays weren’t being converted, the timing between quarterbacks and receivers lagging.

This isn’t particularly unusual. Offences always take longer to mesh. But it also was clear there were protection issues up front, the system simply not working. According to a source, tailback Brandon Whitaker refused to run a play. The plays were different and confusing, said one offensive lineman, admitting a players-only meeting had occurred.

There were comments made by Worman. His attitude upset some players. And he refused to budge on certain issues. Things had to be done his way. There would be no debate.

“There were definitely some issues that were beginning to arise. Some disagreements. Guys were questioning things,” said a player who shall remain anonymous for obvious reasons. “He’s kind of stubborn in his ways. It made it hard for people to operate and conduct meetings.”

“Some people didn’t understand his personality. He clashed with people sometimes,” said another player. “He didn’t click with too many people — and there’s some people you have to click with.”

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Zurkowsky+decision+strictly+mine+coach+Higgins+says/9926396/story.html

Worman comes across as a bit of a **** head. After he was fired from the Esks, halfway through the 2010 season, Kamau Peterson accused Worman of conducting a personal vendetta against him. I'm glad the Bombers didn't hire him.

This may be a wake up call for Rick. If he wants to continue as a coach he has to adapt & get along with people. We all make mistakes & if Worman learns from what happened & is given another chance somewhere whose to say he won't be a very good coach? I coached minor football for years & I found that coaches are products of systems they played in & were moulded by the coaches who coached them as players. Same with me.

For the most part, if a coach played under a stubborn guy, he'll probably coach stubborn. If he was coached by a screamer, he'll probably be a screamer. if he coached under someone quiet & calm, he'll probably be quiet & calm. Of course, everyone has a different personality so a coach will have his own way to coach his players or team, but generally coaches are creatures of habit.

I think Rick is a product of the systems & coaches he played under as a player. Looks like he's more of an old school, my way or the highway kinda guy because that's probably the kind of coaches he played under as he is in his 50's. Football was coached differently 30 years ago than it is now. We used to hear that a coaching staff is not a democracy. One guy is in charge & what he says, goes. That is still true today but most head coaches will listen more to input from their assistants & even players than back in the day. 

In Calgary here this past midget spring season, there was a very successful former head coach who was coaching midget football (ages 15-17). We have a spring league here so it doesn't interfere with fall high school football. He joined another organization this year as an assistant coach after he left the team he had been with for years. He was a hard ass coach. He was tough on his players, expected a lot (maybe too much) & was having a hard time fitting in with the new coaching staff he was on. A few weeks into the season he was asked to leave.

Does that make him a bad guy? No. He just didn't fit in with the culture or the philosophy of his new football team. I'm sure being fired has affected him & next time he may be a bit different if he coaches again. We all should learn from our mistakes.

As far as Arash Madani's tweet, I really took exception to the beer sipping quote he made. Moreso because I know Rick & I really felt that was unfair as it makes him look like he has a drinking problem, which he may or hopefully may not have. The man got fired so he's probably upset & embarrassed. He has a wife & family in California & they may read that. I just thought it was a real trash thing for Madani to say. Leave it to a reporter to do a drive by on Worman. 

Pretty sad....fortunately Miller didn't get his way when he wanted to hire Worman in Winnipeg.

Here's the issue - it's this statement that implies outright states that Miller was pushing OShea to hire Worman.

Miller talking with old associates?  Totally believable and I have no doubt it happened.  Miller putting their names forward as possible candidates for those jobs?  Totally believable and I can easily imagine it happened.  Miller having an opinion on who should be hired for those jobs?  He's only human, of course he would have an opinion.  Miller pulling a Lyle Bauer and trying to force an old friend on to this team?  This is where the rubber would have to meet the road for me.  That's the part that stays in the land of bad rumours until proven otherwise.

I would imagine Miller has probably spoken with Worman and Walby at some point in the last week and will continue to for many years to come.  And what he may say during those conversations may be different than what he says elsewhere, much like what a person hypothetically says in front of their wife might be slightly different than what they tell their friends about their wife.  It's a pretty normal human behaviour.