Alouettes Fire OC Rick Worman

Atomic

Miller probably had some opinions on available coaches out there this past off season. If so, no biggie as he is Walters boss & as a former player himself, knows quite a few current CFL players, former players & coaches. Nothing wrong with Miller & Walters bouncing names around & discussing them. Now, if Miller made Walters hire guys only Miller wanted, then that is a problem but I see no evidence of that.

Didn't the Worman to the Bombers rumours occur before we hired O'Shea ?

Does it really matter? He didn't 

Pretty sad....fortunately Miller didn't get his way when he wanted to hire Worman in Winnipeg.

Here's the issue - it's this statement that implies outright states that Miller was pushing OShea to hire Worman.

Miller talking with old associates?  Totally believable and I have no doubt it happened.  Miller putting their names forward as possible candidates for those jobs?  Totally believable and I can easily imagine it happened.  Miller having an opinion on who should be hired for those jobs?  He's only human, of course he would have an opinion.  Miller pulling a Lyle Bauer and trying to force an old friend on to this team?  This is where the rubber would have to meet the road for me.  That's the part that stays in the land of bad rumours until proven otherwise.

I would imagine Miller has probably spoken with Worman and Walby at some point in the last week and will continue to for many years to come.  And what he may say during those conversations may be different than what he says elsewhere, much like what a person hypothetically says in front of their wife might be slightly different than what they tell their friends about their wife.  It's a pretty normal human behaviour.

Does it really matter now? He didn't get hired!

Worman to Winnipeg was a rumor way before O'Shea got hired and whether anyone (Goalie) wants to believe it or not, it's true. It was exploratory at best, but Worman had already done some independent scouting for us towards the end of last season as well.

As far as sharing sources goes ... you shouldn't expect it. Sourcing something that is FACT, sure. Sourcing something that is pure rumor, I don't think so. You want to be exposed to things that may be construed as "gossip"? You need to be willing to understand that some of it might be second hand information, some of it might not come to fruition, some of it may have been shared via a source that has explicitly requested to not be ID'd and some of it may be total baloney. Put the onus on yourself to filter what you want from it and don't believe it as fact, don't put the onus on people sharing information to identify where it's coming from. If everyone had to identify their gossip, we'd stop getting gossip. This is a grassroots, community oriented league. Everyday regular joes who have no connection to the game can get lucky and develop connections. We don't all have to be Ian Rapoport to have legitimate information.

Higgins has spoken out about it:

“Things were starting to unravel. I truly felt we couldn’t bring it back,” Higgins said. “The decision was strictly mine. It was one I felt was necessary for us to get to where we need to get to. I feel better today than I did yesterday.”

Higgins reminds people of Marc Trestman. He’s a kind and decent man, always positive. Higgins holds his players and coaches to a standard. And it was becoming clear Worman wasn’t meeting that standard. There were whispers concerning him even before the Als reported to camp at Bishop’s University on June 1.

“There were some things that were happening,” Higgins admitted. “I brought someone in and it didn’t work. We’re talking everything — from chemistry to dealing with the athletes; in meetings, on the field, dealing with any of the people in our organization. It just wasn’t going to work. It became painfully obvious (Monday).

“It’s about the team, about doing what’s right. Treating people the way you want to be treated. The negatives outweighed the positives and it just wasn’t going to work.”

“I can tell you these players are happy as hell,” said a league source, who spoke with several Als since the firing was announced.

Even before he was hired, Worman demanded more money than the organization was prepared to pay, according to another source. We heard he made an offensive comment against assistant coach André Bolduc. There was talk he and Sweet were having difficulties co-existing.

When camp opened, it was obvious the offence was struggling — and continued with each passing day. Worman had instituted a vertical offensive system, complete with numerous long passing plays. But these plays weren’t being converted, the timing between quarterbacks and receivers lagging.

This isn’t particularly unusual. Offences always take longer to mesh. But it also was clear there were protection issues up front, the system simply not working. According to a source, tailback Brandon Whitaker refused to run a play. The plays were different and confusing, said one offensive lineman, admitting a players-only meeting had occurred.

There were comments made by Worman. His attitude upset some players. And he refused to budge on certain issues. Things had to be done his way. There would be no debate.

“There were definitely some issues that were beginning to arise. Some disagreements. Guys were questioning things,” said a player who shall remain anonymous for obvious reasons. “He’s kind of stubborn in his ways. It made it hard for people to operate and conduct meetings.”

“Some people didn’t understand his personality. He clashed with people sometimes,” said another player. “He didn’t click with too many people — and there’s some people you have to click with.”

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Zurkowsky+decision+strictly+mine+coach+Higgins+says/9926396/story.html

Worman comes across as a bit of a **** head. After he was fired from the Esks, halfway through the 2010 season, Kamau Peterson accused Worman of conducting a personal vendetta against him. I'm glad the Bombers didn't hire him.

I suspect he clicked with the vendor!

Worman to Winnipeg was a rumor way before O'Shea got hired and whether anyone (Goalie) wants to believe it or not, it's true. It was exploratory at best, but Worman had already done some independent scouting for us towards the end of last season as well.

As far as sharing sources goes ... you shouldn't expect it. Sourcing something that is FACT, sure. Sourcing something that is pure rumor, I don't think so. You want to be exposed to things that may be construed as "gossip"? You need to be willing to understand that some of it might be second hand information, some of it might not come to fruition, some of it may have been shared via a source that has explicitly requested to not be ID'd and some of it may be total baloney. Put the onus on yourself to filter what you want from it and don't believe it as fact, don't put the onus on people sharing information to identify where it's coming from. If everyone had to identify their gossip, we'd stop getting gossip. This is a grassroots, community oriented league. Everyday regular joes who have no connection to the game can get lucky and develop connections. We don't all have to be Ian Rapoport to have legitimate information.

Thats all well and true but you dont get to claim 100 % fact or truth when you dont verify even slightly what your claiming..

i appreciate all the insider info we see here and all the rumours and stuff.. but when people start claiming fact and not backing it up, that irks me..