The TV Thread

super stoked for TWD season 8.   the "All out War" was probably the best part of the comics imo and if they stay true should make for good tv.  I like that they included old man rick with the cane at the end of that trailer,  gives me hope they haven't deviated too much in the story. 

kinda meh on FTWD,  only really been watching it because I believe the payoff will be them intertwining the stories with TWD as the next part of the comics after All out war, but judging by that trailer, FTWD is still like 4-5 years behind TWD timewise and they will need to speed it up after this fight with the nation

I can understand the concern expressed below but this show really intrigues me!

(CNN)HBO says it has "respect" for the "dialogue and concern" being voiced following the announcement of their upcoming drama "Confederate," but stands by the vision of the show's creators.

The network's statement came after a campaign from the creator of #OscarsSoWhite, April Reign, gained traction on Sunday night, following a targeted effort.

"Confederate" imagines what would have happened if Southern states successfully seceded from the Union during the Civil War and slavery continued to be practiced.

HBO has been on the defensive about the project since announcing it almost two weeks ago.

The series comes from "Game of Thrones" showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. Nichelle Tramble Spellman and Malcolm Spellman also executive produce.

Rick and Morty started up again!

After watching episode 2, I noticed another cartoon called Apollo Gauntlet which has 6 episode out right now. About a Winnipeg Detective that is kidnapped and sent to a medieval dimension who gets these magical gauntlets to fight monsters and other weird stuff.  I've actually been enjoying it,  reminds me of a cross between Metalocalypse and Kevin Spencer

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Watched s2 of last chance U. Wasnt as good as the first season and the way it ends makes me doubt if there will be a s3. A lot more bible thumping it felt like, and some of the player trouble seemed dubious. Still a good watch, especially for football freaks. 

Apparently they are going to switch schools. Looking at a Juco school in Kansas.

21 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Apparently they are going to switch schools. Looking at a Juco school in Kansas.

Interesting. A change of venue would be nice. Though i expect the same issues i have with the series will follow. It wont keep me from watching it if they make a s3 though. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It could be good if they try to capture some of the atmosphere of the original. If it's just an overly styalized shallow cop show it won't work. Like the movie version. 

I don't know, wasn't the movie version that oh btw took down PotC 2 at the Box office more of a darker take on Miami Vice?

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I've been avoiding watching that leaked episode.  I already get annoyed waiting 7 days between episodes so if i watch that one early it means waiting even longer for the next one! ?

I hear that, i watched the pre leaked 4-5 episodes last year and was miserable waiting for the next one haha. Its just a couple days so i indulged but if it was a bunch i wouldnt do it again. 

On 8/4/2017 at 11:21 PM, bigg jay said:

I've been avoiding watching that leaked episode.  I already get annoyed waiting 7 days between episodes so if i watch that one early it means waiting even longer for the next one! ?

Even worse when you got the night shift on Sunday and have to wait an extra 12 hours and somehow avoid the plethora of online commentaries and reviews.  Wish me luck! :D

I love when a show like GoT airs at its regular time and people go insane on social media over "spoilers".  Its not a spoiler if its already aired but you didnt watch yet.  Then again, I also get very aggravated when Im watching a Jets game on delay and an idiot friend texts me about something that happened, such as "wow, Jets sucks" and Im like, "I just started watching the game *******". 

46 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I just upgraded to the 4K plan as I bought a new TV.  I dont mind paying.  Its a great service.

I wish other streaming services were as easy to use.  First World Problems I suppose, but it annoys me accessing HBO's VOD service through SHAW.  My TV actually came with a dedicated Netflix button.  Super fast and easy to use.

I was debating with some morons on a Star Trek forum about CBS All Access which is where the new series is available in the US.  Some people were very upset they had to pay for the service AND use a Roku device to get it on their TV's.