The TV Thread

On 2017-06-30 at 1:29 PM, iHeart said:

I think they should stop it at 8 especially since one of the leads contract is up this season

http://tvline.com/2017/06/30/hawaii-five-0-grace-park-daniel-dae-kim-leaving-season-8/#comment-list-wrapper

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/daniel-dae-kim-grace-park-hawaii-five-0-1202484329/

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

7 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

This doesnt sound good.  Its good they are retooling it though.

I enjoyed SOA but felt it was a big step below the most acclaimed premium dramas (Sopranos etc).  I didnt find the Mayans particularly interesting enough to spin them off.  I think SOA was helped a lot by the really good cast so hopefully the re-casting improved the Mayans show.

Edit: The idea of a SOA prequel was more interesting.  I guess its easier to film in the modern world and with a prequel we know what happens which can hinder some of the drama.  Im re-watching the Sopranos right now and a prequel would have been amazing.  It was set up so well.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

17 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Is it that it was on FX and not HBO?

I dont think so.  I dont think it lost anything by being on FX other then maybe the investment by the Network.  I have no idea if Sopranos got more money to spend than SOA.  SOA was FX's highest show its entire run so I assume it was well taken care of.  And they had a good cast.  And it was still pretty adult.

I think the writing was below Sopranos.  And Boardwalk Empire.  And Vinyl.  But those three had Terrence Winter in common so perhaps thats why I enjoyed them all.

47 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I stopped watching after the first couple of seasons but Im intrigued by this "re-boot". 

Plus, I had a huge crush on Anwar years ago.  And Dania Ramirez (from The Sopranos among other things) aint half bad either!

yeah well I'm not sure I can accept a charmings-less Once, especially since they were most of the focus of the show, still I'm curious to see how they'll be written off

BTW the third person added is Adaliade Kane who had the lead role in the CW's Reign which just aired it's last episode a couple of weeks ago

Have all those main characters who left Once Upon a Time been written off in the finale last season?  if so, how?

Im pretty sure i read that

Spoiler

Emma was killed

But I cant find anything about the others.

And the thing about the three remaining stars having new identities is interesting.  Like, they will be new characters or the same Fairy characters but new "real world" characters? 

Spoiler

actually Emma survived, one of the last scenes showed all of the characters having a supper at granny's and then the scene turns into a page from the book and it cuts to a little girl riding the subway and showing up at a man's door revealing to be an adult Henry, and the little girl is revealed to be his daughter.....yeah they're kind of starting over

8 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Pretty, pretty, pretty excited for the new season.

In related news, I splurged. Bought myself entire Seinfeld collection.  Who knows if Netlflix, Hulu etc will ever get it, and I need the discs anyway.

Best show in TV history. Don't even @ me. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

In related news, I splurged. Bought myself entire Seinfeld collection.  Who knows if Netlflix, Hulu etc will ever get it, and I need the discs anyway.

why doesn't Netflix carry it? it should

4 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

why doesn't Netflix carry it? it should

TBA own the rights maybe?

Speaking of Netflix, OMG..literally...Highway to Heaven is on!

On 7/6/2017 at 10:07 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

This doesnt sound good.  Its good they are retooling it though.

I enjoyed SOA but felt it was a big step below the most acclaimed premium dramas (Sopranos etc).  I didnt find the Mayans particularly interesting enough to spin them off.  I think SOA was helped a lot by the really good cast so hopefully the re-casting improved the Mayans show.

Edit: The idea of a SOA prequel was more interesting.  I guess its easier to film in the modern world and with a prequel we know what happens which can hinder some of the drama.  Im re-watching the Sopranos right now and a prequel would have been amazing.  It was set up so well.

Agree with the prequel being more interesting. Not sure how i feel about the spin off being mayans. Seemed like the weakest of possible spin offs.

Watched the castlevania series on netflix. Like most i wish it had been longer. S2 and 3 are gonna be 10 episodes though. And the 4 episodes were really really good.